Destiny (Spoilers)

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm 33 on my Warlock and Hunter. Yes Etheric Light does drop from the nightfall. :) Also HoW is so amazing. I've been playing this whole time I didn't notice people were actually posting in this thread. I play on PS4. I've been waiting for the Trials since like February.. (for obvious reasons) I'm so excite!! I also got a Gjallarhorn after months of raids and 12 No Land Beyonds, on my first Prison of Elders. Also I used my Etheric Light on my Fatebringer which I also got recently after months of Templar hell.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i can play on both xbox 360 and xbox one. if you're on xbox, my gamertag is Drizzle Kyogre. drop yours here and add me if you like.

as for etheric light and getting to 34, i've heard that the steps that are fastest for getting there are:

- ascend exotic armor, it takes an exotic shard instead of etheric light so you can do it right away. you are now 32.5

- do the nightfall and hope for etheric light to drop. apparently it is in the loot table so if you get lucky, it accelerates the process.

- finish prison of elders lv 32, and use the armor core that drops to buy gloves from variks which will get you to 33, or 33.5 if you already got an etheric light.

- attempt 34 PoE once you're 33, which will drop etheric light when you beat it. this will make you 33.5 if you didn't get etheric light from the nightfall and 34 if you did.

- if you didn't get any etheric light from the nightfall, you have to repeat the above steps on a second character and use the etheric light from lv 34 PoE on your first.

little note: i don't actually know if etheric light is obtainable from the NF yet since i haven't heard of anyone who has received any from it. i think i also heard somewhere that you can get it in trials of osiris which becomes available tomorrow if crucible is your thing.

Mine's kk137, I'll add you when I get the chance.

Unfortunately I think I'm going to wait for next week's Nighfall, since the hunter gloves aren't very good for pvp (which I mainly play). I have two armor cores though so I could buy them, beat the 34, and use the light on my real gloves.

Speaking of pvp, I'm not sure whether or not I'll be excited for ToO. Things like lag switching and generally unfriendly tactics will be even worse than Iron Banner, and it'll be hard to find good teammates even with lfg sites. I have the insanely cheap Final Round Efrideet's Spear, which if reddit serves can no longer be found in game, so I might try that out.

i definitely won't be touching trials of osiris with a 10 foot pole. i'm not exactly bad at pvp (I have like a 1.6 kdr on my warlock) but i absolutely hate pretty much every team-based pvp gametype. it's probably just because I have more of a "lone wolf" type of playstyle, which is only going to screw over me and my team in trials since teamwork seems more paramount than ever from what we've seen of it. I also do not enjoy iron banner, even when i get a team of 5 other friends to play with. I had to grit my teeth and work super hard to pick up that sniper rifle, but i guess it was worth it because it's one of my favorite weapons now. you're right about final round being removed, other good things like field scout are gone too, so I'm glad I got a couple of those rifles with good perks.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
I haven't played this in months, mostly because of how incomplete the game was. Is it worth going back in to it now that they've released the rest of the game the dlcs?

definitely worth going back to imo. if you can think of something wrong with the game back when you left, it's a safe bet that they fixed it, or at least improved upon it. granted, the game still isn't perfect, but now it's less waiting for old stuff to get fixed and more looking forward to more new features.

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
Well the cool thing for me is that I made my own clan with my friends and I met some people and my real friends and my clan friends are all cool. I even have clan members that I've met. They are the best. I've busted my ass in Iron Banner. I have the Felwinter's (2 to be exact). I reached level 5 once. I do love PvP. I really just want Trials gear cause it's Egyptian themed. And my name is Osiris (on here). My PSN is WorldStarHoppip and my clan name is Mystical Fire!

Update: so I got some cool new things this week! What did you guys get?

Attachments

Last edited:

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Got back in to destiny, now i just gotta find people who play on the one (live name is Seevea if you wanna add me n_n)

So, going against what I said earlier about not touching Trials with a 10-foot pole, I was pressured by some friends of mine and actually did Trials this weekend... and going against any expectations I had of the event, I actually had a lot of fun and made it to the Lighthouse. Here are some things I learned:

-final round efrideet's spear is nasty

-
going for heavy ammo is actually a pretty big risk. unless you win 3 rounds without losing before heavy comes, someone else on the enemy team has a super to wipe anyone who tries to go for it - but this goes both ways. I wiped multiple teams of 3 by self-reviving while they were focusing on a heavy box. if you manage to pick up heavy unopposed, you've essentially won the round.

-more on heavy ammo, it's best to try and cover both heavy boxes especially on a map like Pantheon where both teams are equidistant from either box. what my team did was send one person down to the lower box on the walkway while two of us went to the one in the upper hallway, one sniping down the corridor while the other picks it up.

-sunsinger > striker > gunslinger > bladedancer > defender > voidwalker

-I went through two passages (read: like 20 matches including losses on the first one) and went into overtime once. so relying on the overtime capture probably isn't a good strategy to rely on.

I didn't really get any good loot from my packages. From my gold-tier reward, I got a chestpiece with pure strength (especially lame considering that Varkis also had a pure-strength chestpiece that I had already purchased, not to mention strength is the worst stat to invest in) but that was redeemed when I got to the lighthouse and obtained a Solar damage Jewel of Osiris, which I was pretty pumped about considering I love Hand Cannons and there aren't any Solar ones obtainable besides the Jewel and the one from Skolas, which is an extremely rare drop from what I've heard, plus the fact that it could have rolled any other element.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
IDK how I feel about your class ranking, IMO I'd go

S: Sunsinger

A+: Gunslinger

A: Striker, Bladedancer

B+: Voidwalker

B: Defender

Striker and Bladedancer have more options against serious players, but Golden Gun is just so good in this format. Sunsinger gets first for being the only class to have a great super, melee, and grenade (Gunslinger doesn't have a good melee, Striker is missing melee/grenade, and Bladedancer's Melee is situational).

I'm a hunter first and foremost. I ran Gunslinger in the first week and shifted to Bladedancer for week 2. Gunslinger definitely has the superior super for the format, but Arcbolt grenades are right up there with Firebolt grenades for best in the game (good players just will not get hit by tripmines) and Bladedancer's super is decent (I got a triple kill off of one Razor's Edge somehow, how I wish I had a recording setup).

Fist of Havoc beats out just about every other super in the game, Bubble loses out to just about every other super in the game.

One thing I noticed that had changed from last week was just how narrow the weapons used were. More often than not everyone on the enemy team used Thorn. Generally speaking, our team was two of us with Thorn and snipers, and I covered our flank/flanked with The Last Word and a shotgun (Matador 64). We ended up going 8-1 because I got disconnected midway through a game.

IMO Primary weapon tierlist would go something like this

S: Thorn, TLW

A: Red Death, Hawkmoon (am Xbone, don't have experience with)

B. The Messenger, MIDA

C. Other Legendary Pulse Rifles

D. Everything else

E. Legendary Assault Rifles

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh goodness, the Matador 64 is amazing...

This is my current build: Full Auto, Smallbore, and Battle Runner. I'm thinking of reforging and aiming for Close and/or Personal or Rangefinder, Flared Magwell or Reinforced Barrel, and Final Round or Cascade. So, should I aim for it or leave the gun as is? I plan on making this my Warlock's shotgun.

religiousjedi, definitely roll for SHOT PACKAGE. it's by far the best perk on shotguns because the tightened pellet spread significantly increases the ohko range by ensuring all the pellets hit. I have a party crasher +1 that dropped with rangefinder, final round, and smallbore and I initially thought it was a godly roll but i came up short on a lot of kills i've seen other people get at similar ranges, so i went ahead and reforged for shot package and it is utterly nasty how much better it is.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
Rangefinder is significantly worse than Shot Package.

Rangefinder increases the range of your gun, but it does nothing to address the increasing spread of your pellets, meaning that effectively only about half of the pellets will hit at the increased range, as opposed to Shot Package ensuring more pellets go further.

Generally speaking, the perfect roll for Matador 64/Party Crasher+/Judgment VI/Felwinter's Lie (the best shotguns atm) is Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, any of several perk 2's that boost range, and Kneepads/LITC/Final Round/Army of One. Another viable build is Judgment VI with Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, Small Bore, and Luck in the Chamber, since Small Bore drops the mag size to 3, meaning you're going to be getting Luck in the Chamber more.

See this thread for the mathematical breakdown and viable non-perfect builds.

IDK what the ideal Full Auto build would be, but I'd personally shy away from multi-hit shotguns due to the semi-recent special ammo nerf (bar the Invective, you'll always be my first).

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
Oh gosh. I hate Party Crasher. How's everybody doing in Iron Banner? So far I'm Rank 2 on my Hunter (cause I have the emblem/shader/class item equipped). I already had two Felwinter's and an Efrideet's. I'm going to try and reach 5. I really want the Jolder's Hammer. I regret not getting it last time so much. I've been using Pacifier X. I just bought it yesterday. Don't forget as the days go on the more exp you can get for IB increases!

Also verbatim hawkmoon is super OP uber approved :((( 2 shot on any char

Made a Smogon group for destiny (can be a clan but everyone is probably in one) thought it would be cool just to have. Not sure if I can link it but you can just search Smogon and it'll pop up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)