SS Doubles OU Diamonds (150th post, 1636 #93)

:sm/diancie::sm/volcanion::sm/rillaboom::sm/porygon2::sm/dragapult::sm/kartana:
Wanted to do something for my 150th post, so here we go!​

:sm/diancie:
Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect

Diancie was the Pokemon that I built around. Diamond Storm is great as its a spread move that boosts its defense, allowing it to stack boosts at a alarming rate. Body Press allows it to use those defense boosts from DS and having coverage for Fighting-weak steel types. Trick Room allows it to set the room that enables it, and Protect is good for longevity. The EV spread allows it to live a 252+ Volcanion Steam Eruption and the rest is dumped into Attack. A Brave Nature is good for abusing TR to the fullest as with the 0 IVs. Also to mention that Diancie is locked into the Clear Body ability.

:sm/volcanion:
Volcanion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Fire types pair great with Diancie well due to being able to dispatch the Steel and Grass types that threaten it. While Heatran has Eruption and a Steel typing, but Volcanion's Water typing allows it to dispatch Landorus-T and Landorus-I, and having a good chance to KO Heatran are great attributes. Steam Eruption is the main attack, being a great move to spam, (although it only has 8 pp) due to its high power and the 30% chance to burn. Heat Wave is a good fire type spread move, and substitute and Protect alongside Leftovers increases its longevity. The EV spread makes it bulky and strong while fairing better against residual damage, and a modest nature so it functions good outside of TR.​
:sm/rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 36 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn

As this core struggles against water types, Rillaboom provides a bunch of utility, while knocking out the 2 main water types in Urshifu-R, and Tapu-Fini. Fake out is great utility on starting the game. Grassy glide is good priority killing of weaker and grass weak mons such as the after mentioned Water types, and weakened Zygarde. Wood Hammer is good for burst damage, really putting the hurt, and being a generally powerful move. And U-turn allows it to act as a pivot. The spread allows it to live a +1 Nihilego Sludge Bomb, and a +1 U-turn Genesect, while the rest of the IV's and nature is dumped into attack.

:sm/porygon2:
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 132 SpA / 108 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Recover

P2 is the second TR setter due to its unpenetrable bulk with its Eviolite. Its Bolt-Beam combo allows it to have a offensive presence, and Recover makes sure it has longevity. The spread is to survive a Meteor beam, and a +1 Sludge Bomb conjunctively and the rest is dumped into attack. Also Download is useful in certain situations to give P2 a potential boost.​
:sm/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

The fastest unboosted Pokemon in the tier is back at it again. DDance pult allows it to be a fast Pokemon that snipes down faster Pokemon after a boost. Stabs are here, and the ev spread is pretty simple with max attack and speed with a Jolly nature. And Protect is great as always, and LO is to boost damage.

:sm/kartana:
Kartana @ Scope Lens
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Detect
Kart is a form of speed control that isn't TR, so it can be more relied on in certain scenarios. Leaf blade is a 50% crit move due to Scope Lens giving it excellent wallbreaking prowess , and Sacred Sword is good Utility. Detect is a good scout, and The spread makes its special bulk usable so it doesn't fall against every special attack, and Jolly to make sure its as fast as possible.
View attachment 343932
also could've sworn I was at 1668, but I think my elo decreased.
Crunchman. If I have 1 person, on these fourms that I can rely on, whether it may be testing teams, crituiqe on the teams, good times, and being a great friend its got to be you. Your a BEAST on the ladder and you play exceptionally well! I hope that after this we can continue to bond!
emma. Your probably the one person that I really look up to on smogon. Its been fun with projects that I thought of and you giving genuine pathways to make them much better. While none of them are on the site yet I love the fact on how your super hard working. Keep up the good work, your doing excellent!
maroon mateus
Excelent TL's on the first meta I adorned, also this.
rillaboom.png

If you get it you get it.
Attitude Adjuster
ND mono leaderboard for life.
Diancie @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect

Volcanion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 36 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 132 SpA / 108 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Recover

Dragapult @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Kartana @ Scope Lens
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Detect
The team that I'm most proud of, see you next time!

sawamura

Banned deucer.
I am very glad that you are improving but from my point of view I have 2 small observations. The Monkey Evs are perfectly distributed. But those 32 points of defense may be too much because in SPeed may be a better option to overcome other Rillaboom or investment in attack for a small portion of additional damage would be fine but I do not see him with potential in def because he eats Uturns and usually hit very hard. Volcanion I prefer that you take a little speed as you can overcome incineroar outside the Trick Room seeing that its speed incineroar is below its Speed Base and the TTar usually slower 185 speed with Volcanion helps a lot by sacrificing a little SPA the inclusion of it helps in a viable way to establish a safe pressure with the Speed Tier according to the Speed Control you are setting, beating other mons above 370 Speed. The rest seems to me a good Structure and Move-Core. Porygon I have not tested those Evs in SPA although Urshifu should enjoy a good Close Combat to get down to P2. but it still makes sense to take that Inclusion with the threat of kartana. Thanks for the input, ur Welcome.

sawamura

Banned deucer.
It is more Viable Leftovers in these cases because you opt for a recovery with the Rilla Field that assures you Protec+Move in a constant way healing you in a Progressive way, avoiding Toxic/spore ETC or other status moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)