Diamonds are silver not blue(RMT)

As i stated in a topic earlier i plan to buy only one version of D/P. I decided to plan teams around each main version exclusive poke. Diamond's being Tyranitar and Pear's being Salamence. Here is the team i have planned for Diamond with the exception of a Swampert,which im sure i can easily get trading on wi-fi. Ill post the pearl one when im done with it and according to what you guys say about which is overall better,that will be how i choose the version i will buy. I included the pokemon pictures in this well because when RMT's have the pictures i acctually feel like reading it over those that are just black and white in the whole post and im sure its the same for some of you.

Gengar (M/F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
Evs: 108 HP / 252 Spd / 136 SAtk / 14 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Hypnosis at the start of the battle is nice. Energy Ball for pursuiting starter Tyranitars and for my Swampert Problem.

Swampert (M/F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 236 HP / 80 Atk / 192 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Sets up Stealth Rock. Counters Tyranitar,Metagross,Garchomp,Gyarados,and Non AG Salamence. Should I give it more Def Evs to help against non bulky Gyarados?

Tyranitar (M/F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
Evs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Heavy Hitter. Sets up Sand Storm to work with sleath rock. Pursuit for fleeing
Gengars,ect.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Evs: 214 HP / 252 Def / 44 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Special Wall...Blissey is just too good to be left out. Ice Beam for Salamence and sub punch Gengar. Aromatherapy to cure status conditions on my team and seismic toss for a damaging attack and for Raikou.

Gliscor (M/F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
Evs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 14 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Feather Rest[Roost]
- Knock Off

Physical Wall. Walls things like Garchomp,Heracross and Infernape. Ice Fang for any stupid dragons that stay in.(which is all except AG Mence,and obviously i wont leave this in on that unless i want a hydro pump) Feather Rest to restore HP when needed and Swords Dance to help to some damage.
Sand Storm helps him here thanks to Sand Veil.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Evs: 62 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant (+Atk,- SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Late Game Sweeper. It can switch in and survive a DDed non ice fang attack from gyarados and take it out. Sand Storm Helps it thanks to Sand Veil. OutRage OHKOs Azelf. 196 Spd Evs for a 289 Speed Stat,Just enough to out speed a gyrados that gets a dd and every Choice Scarf Pokes that are slower.
***Threat List***

Tyranitar: Swampert and Gliscor

Gyarados: Swampert and gengar to a small extent. I know im going to have problems with this.

Infernape: Swampert and Gliscor

Azelf: Garchomp???

Rhyperior: Swampert and Gliscor

Electivire: I see problems here. But I should be fine I predict right and dont lrt it switch into a thunderbolt.

Heracross: Gliscor and gengar to some extent.

Salamence: Blissey for AGMence and Swampert and Gliscor for the others.

Togekiss: Blissey

Gengar: Blissey

Garchomp: Swampert and Gliscor

Raikou: Blissey

Lucario: Swampert,Gliscor and Gengar on the Choice Banders.

Rampados: Swampert and Gliscor

Tauros: Gliscor and Gnegar

Starmie: Blissey

Weavile: Problems with this. Ill just have to predict well.

Dugtrio: Swampert and Gliscor. Weavile if it happens to arena trap and faint a poke.

Alakazam: Blissey

Porygon-Z: Gengar and Blissey

Medicham: Gengar if Choice Band or Choice Scarf,Gliscor

Staraptor: Gliscor

Slowbro: Blissey,Gengar to a small extent. Stealth Rock and Sandstorm

Jolteon: Blissey

Aerodactyl: Swampert and Gliscor

Snorlax: Tyranitar

Zapdos: Blissey. Gliscor if HP Grass,Swampert if HP Ice.

Blissey: Tyranitar and Garchomp

Suicune: Possible problems here. Gengar if it can get it asleep,Blissey and seismic toss can wear it down with the help of Stealth Rock(on the switch) and sand storm.

Sceptile: Blissey

Slaking: Gengar

Ninjask: Looks like not much i can do against BP Teams. If it becomes a big threat ill put roar on Swampert .
Metagross: Swampert

Celebi: Garchomp

Jirachi: Tyranitar and Swampert

Manaphy: Garchomp

The Pokes where i have Garchomp,a poke would proly have to faint or i predict a switch.

Ok after about an hour of writing im done. I wrote about every poke on the threat list because i thought it was needed. This is my first try at a D/P Team and it looks like it will do an ok job imo. Fell free to help me and this team. Overall i see problems with Gyarados,Electivire if it gets in on a thunderbolt,Suicune,and Manaphy. Im not too worried about Baton pass teams yet although they would be a big threat to my team. But hey you cant cover every siingle thing in this metagame ,its just to mcuh. I tried to atleast cover most of the threat list which i did.

Well, theres not much to say about this team, it just standards, I actualy think that this team has already been posted before [meh most are so similar]

this team is ok. with some user skills you will win. but its nothing special.

You are 6-0 by the standard mixed infernarape which can easily switch in on atleast 3 pokemon here. Therfore i would swap blissey for cresselia and rest on swampert is just asking for something coming in and setting up on you.

Ok thanks to the 2 posts above me. I need to make changes. Any suggestions on the moveset for Cresilla? Give swampert what over rest? Roar,since it would help phaze a ttar that subbed up?

Black sludge>leftovers on gengar, just incase of trickers, and it's not like it's worse in any way to have black sludge either. If you want gengar to beat tyranitar hard, use focus blast, even though it is a bit risky at 70% acc. It doesn't even get grass rope btw.

For swampert, remove rest for something like waterfall or surf or even protect. HP>defences, so use max hp if you're going to use both def and s.def EV's.

Black sludge>leftovers on gengar, just incase of trickers, and it's not like it's worse in any way to have black sludge either. If you want gengar to beat tyranitar hard, use focus blast, even though it is a bit risky at 70% acc. It doesn't even get grass rope btw.

For swampert, remove rest for something like waterfall or surf or even protect. HP>defences, so use max hp if you're going to use both def and s.def EV's.
For genger i had meant energy Ball. Yeah i read description for Black sludge and its definitely better(didnt know about it before) Ok on Pert im having a hard time choosing between Water Fall and protect. I see protect as a way to identify movesets on pokes. such a grass rope on anything,but waterfall could some damage. Ill switch leftovers for black sludge but im still not to sure about focus bomb. Bevause its just one tm and alot of pokes could really use it. Sceptile to name one. But it could help against the Ttar problem so ill consider. If i do what should i replace for focus blast? Shadow Ball?

Edit: Ok im going to give gar focus blast. I just need to know what to replace for it.
There is still the problem of the mixed infernape which rapes my team. I need help with that

If you're going to use a Water move on Swampert, go with Surf or Hydro Pump. Most of the Pokemon you'd want a Water move for have poor special defense (Donphan, Rhyperior, etc.) and will take far more from Surf/Hydro Pump than from Waterfall, even without significant EV investment.

I'd drop Swords Dance on Gliscor. He won't be sweeping much, especially with no speed EVs and no paralysis support. Consider Knock Off, U-Turn or Aerial Ace. Alternatively, drop Roost for Baton Pass and pass Swords Dance to Tyranitar, Weavile and Swampert.

If you're going to use a Water move on Swampert, go with Surf or Hydro Pump. Most of the Pokemon you'd want a Water move for have poor special defense (Donphan, Rhyperior, etc.) and will take far more from Surf/Hydro Pump than from Waterfall, even without significant EV investment.

I'd drop Swords Dance on Gliscor. He won't be sweeping much, especially with no speed EVs and no paralysis support. Consider Knock Off, U-Turn or Aerial Ace. Alternatively, drop Roost for Baton Pass and pass Swords Dance to Tyranitar, Weavile and Swampert.
Ok switched to Hydro Pump on pert and dropped swords dance for Knock off. Maxed HP on pert. Still need help on what to replace for focus bomb/blast on gengar and with the mixed infernape problem.

Edir: Question: Can A Max attack Adamant Garchomp OHKO Azelf with Outrage? It would help with infernape and i could drop weavile. Garchomp could still work as a late game sweeper and sand veil would help it alot. I could also then drop something on blissey for thunderwave to paralize azelf if its that much of a threat if weaviles gone and thunderwave would also help against the gyarados problem.

The Garchomp set would be this.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Evs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant (+Atk,- SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Choice scarf is a gay move, Id just go with choice band but thats my opinion.
Not sure if it outrage would 1hko that Azelf thing but I think it probably would.

Ok dropping weaville for Garchomp(will edit first post and threat list in a few min)
For the gengar im considering enegery ball over focus punch and placing it in willow wisp place sine its just expected. It helps against swampert which could do damage against the team. Should i still use thunderwave on Blissey? If so over what?

Assuming Azelf has minimum (6) HP, Adamant Outrage does 99 - 100%.

Choice Scarf is actually pretty decent on Garchomp since it really screws the likes of Weavile and Starmie.

You don't really need all that speed though, so you can dump some into HP. I'd probably go with a minimum of 285 Speed to beat Choice Scarf Medicham.

Assuming Azelf has minimum (6) HP, Adamant Outrage does 99 - 100%.

Choice Scarf is actually pretty decent on Garchomp since it really screws the likes of Weavile and Starmie.

You don't really need all that speed though, so you can dump some into HP. I'd probably go with a minimum of 285 Speed to beat Choice Scarf Medicham.
Ok Thanks im going to go with 289 to counter max spd jolly nature gyarados since its max speed is 287.So if it gets in a DD im still Faster. I just need to know how much evs would make his speed at that stat tho. On The Azelf part i guess its ok. Ill be breeding on till i get max ivs in atatck and im sure Azelf will not have max ivs in both Hp and Def unless its hacked so i guess its safe.

Edit: Ok if im right. 60 evs would be 15 points and subtracting that from 303 max speed it will be 288. So ill just take off 56 evs off of speed to get 289 speed. So ill give it 196 speed evs and put the rest in Hp. Edited first Post with new evs.

Edit 2: I have one quick question. Can I get anotehr stone edge tm via battle tower or anything? Because if not i have to take stone edge off swampert for something else

The last post in the D/P resource thread has the (simple) formula for calculating stats. You can keep substituting different numbers into the EV variable, or, if you're fancy with algebra, you can just solve for the right EVs.

I don't know of an online calculator other than Serebii's IV calculator, but it won't help you since Garchomp's got that unique 102 base speed.

EDIT: team's nice overall, actually. I like pure Sandstorm teams myself (all immune), but maybe I'm old fashioned.

it seems that all CBTar users are carrying both Pursuit and Crunch these days. although one is heavy and the other is more situational, it just seems to me like this is somewhat repetitive. I would try an elemental fang, outrage, avalanche or Iron Head in place of one of your dark moves (maybe fire blast as your team has a skarm weak other than its starter).

Pursuit essentially gives Tyranitar a free hit on anything that switches out on it, whereas Crunch is to wear down the likes of Swampert and Donphan when they show their face.

Avalance, Fire Blast and all the other moves you listed don't help Tyranitar anywhere near as much as Pursuit does. Iron Head doesn't help him at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)