Diancie

shaian

bEeN NiKe FrEsH™ BoI
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DO NOT discuss tiering-related concerns in this thread or you will be infracted (this means no talking about banning it, we have another thread for that) <--- seriously ORAS just started
Approved by: Pwnemon


No analysis yet!

T
his is a discussion thread for all things Diancie-related. Some ideas for discussion topics are:
  • What sets do you like to run / have you tested out on Diancie?
  • What teams do you like to run Diancie on, and with what partners?
  • What do you use to check Diancie?
  • What effect does Diancie have on the meta, in your opinion? (avoid saying "it has a good/bad effect" please)
  • Anything else Diancie-related! :)
Don't feel the need to address all of these if you post here—in fact, I'd kind of rather you not, just let discussion flow naturally. These are just ideas. Happy posting!

I'll start by posting an example set, courtesy of our good friend Laga:
Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Basic idea behind going -Def is that if you do manage to rack up defense boosts, it won't matter much. The SpA investment is all you need to OHKO 180 HP Heatran (which is the highest amount invested on non TR heatrans) as well as Latios. Aside from specific mons, you should just be storming through a weakened team also puns are awesome. With some solid team support, this mon can quite literally, sweep through teams, especially since the biggest threat faster than it is bopped by it (megamence). While Steel-types are a problem (especially Scizor), it's pretty much its only major problem.

Give it a spin!!
 

lucariojr

MS State Pokemon!!!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i soft resetted my diancie and i'm piling ribbons on it now :) !!! got 3 master rank contest ribbons on it so far!!!!!!!!! mega diancie is very prettyful omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!

also while i was leveling it up in x/y in triple battles, i saw the 'defense rose' message pop up more than once every now and then. can diancie get more than one def boost from diamond storm?
 

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
(…) also while i was leveling it up in x/y in triple battles, i saw the 'defense rose' message pop up more than once every now and then. can diancie get more than one def boost from diamond storm?
Yes. Each hit has an independent chance of raising it.
 
Diamond Storm is probably the best spread damage move in the game since you have a 75% chance to get a Def boost each time you use it (barring Protect and whatnot).

It makes an excellent Dragon killer, so I've been pairing it with a FWG core. 3 of Diancie's weaknesses are resisted by 2 of those types as well.
 

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm going to use this on ORAS ladder. I'm thinking of pairing it with with Talonflame and Rotom-W which will deal with the mons that can defeat it: amoonguss, scizor, landoge. Amoonguss can also join in Rage Powdering, it's a good option; you could use kiss for the ability to not to take damage from EQ too. Then you need intimidate support / w-o-w before you get that def racked up, so I'm adding Hitmontop since it also adds wide guard against EQ, even though there are other options equally good.
 
Diamond Storm is probably the best spread damage move in the game since you have a 75% chance to get a Def boost each time you use it (barring Protect and whatnot).
Very true, but don't forget that since you have a 25% chance of getting no boosts, a 50% chance of getting one boost, and a 25% chance of getting 2 boosts, the average is actually one boost per turn.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

Top