Explosion
Iron Defense
Heal Bell
Rest

Pros
-Solid 50/150/150 bulk
-Access to rocks
-Decent base 100 atk and spa along with nice coverage
-Typing gives it a resistance to Fire, Dark, Flying, Bug, Normal, and an immunity to Dragon while resisting Stealth Rock damage

Cons
-Low base 50 speed means limited offensive capabilities
-Base 50 HP hinders bulk
-Has no reliable recovery making it difficult to substain itself in long battles
-Weak to common attacking types like Steel, Ground, and Grass
-Faces competition with other fairies and rockets

Potential movesets

SpD (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power/Heal Bell/Body Press/Toxic

(A physical spread can be used in conjunction with Body Press and as a better check to Urshifu and Phero. If Diancie gets a +2 from Diamond Storm, Body Press is gonna hit hard.)

CM (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast/Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire
- Power Gem/Earth Power

I doubt Diancie will make the top cut for OU, but with a slightly smaller power level than Gen 7, there are some potentially promising aspects about it. It’s able to check some prominent threats like NP Torn, Phero, Cinder, Flash Cannonless Tran, the Lati twins, and SS Urshifu while providing both rocks and heal bell support. I could see it as a niche pick once stuff gets banned and the meta can settle down.

Last edited:
-Typing gives it a resistance to Fire, Rock, Flying, Bug, Normal, and an immunity to Dragon while resisting Stealth Rock damage
Diancie doesn't actually resist Rock or take reduced Stealth Rock damage. It does however resist Dark in addition to what you mentioned.

Also, Diamond Storm Body Press off its 150 base defense is one of Diancie's best tools. It at least deserves a mention.

Last edited:
Also might wanna include a fully physdef/spdef set with Toxic + Heal Bell (with Moonblast/Body Press/Stealth Rock/Diamond Storm/Mystical Fire) being slashed as well. If not, at least include Toxic in the standard set, as this allows Diancie to put fatter things such as Hippowdon on a timer.

I was getting hyped over Meteor beam doing a 120 damage and granting +SpA. Until I found out it was effectively Rock type SpA skull bash, a 2 turn move.

I was getting hyped over Meteor beam doing a 120 damage and granting +SpA. Until I found out it was effectively Rock type SpA skull bash, a 2 turn move.
It's actually a very good move on certain abusers such as Nihilego in combination with Power Herb, which allows you to get the boost and an incredibly strong attack off immediately. That said, I think Diancie probably has better options.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
OTR could be note worthy since it was powerful in some previous gens in lower tiers. LO Moonblast and Diamond Storm should have alright power alongside other coverage, SR, or Explosion. Though without HP Fire idk how this mon does anything against the plethora of who would love to capitalize on it such as Jirachi, Magearna, or Corv.

edit: oh fuck I didn't even know it got Mystical Fire now. That'll maybe make it better vesus Ferro but still not sure if it'll be able to pull its weight

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)