Board Game Diplomacy: The one where he stabs you [E/F Hal + Aura Guardian Draw]

1583864311993.png

Hey there folks, it's your friendly neighborhood shub here to revive the board game scene here on smogon, since all we seem to have is Mafia and Walrusi these days. And what board game does everyone hate more than Diplomacy? Monopoly! But we can't play monopoly that reliably in a forum format, so we'll settle. To those who are unfamiliar with the game of diplomacy, it's a cycle based strategy game that is second to only Chess in postmail games. The object of the game is to control half+1 of all Supply Centers, or accept a draw with the people that you're okay Not Beating but also Not Losing to. This is going to be a Standard, 7P game, with the powers being randomized by a random.org playerlist where first is Austria, and the powers are in order alphabetically. Spring/Fall will be every 48 hours, Winter/Retreats will be 24 hours, with players getting a Single 24 hour extension before NMRing. Spring 1900 will be 72 hours due to its gravitas and allow for substitutions before the game properly commences. If you don't talk to anybody in the first 48 hours of the game, you'll be subbed out for someone else on the player list, but otherwise there will be No Substitutions midgame. Orders will be submitted on smogon. Do not add people to a conversation (other than host) after the conversation has started, and follow all relevant rules of the forum (no impersonation, no screenshots [yes I know this is a game about stabbing people in the back], and no flaming are the big three). You may contact people on discord/PMs/carrier pigeon/etc, but please send relevant logs to me so I can make a good post game.

Let me know if there are any questions, and most importantly have fun!

Whydon
InfernoDragon
Jalmont
Duskfall98
AuraGuardian
apricity
waylaid

Last edited:
for this first cycle, I will not update early, even if I receive orders from everyone. future cycles, if I receive Solid (not tentative) orders before deadline, I will update early, but the deadline will still be 6 PM PST for the next phase. You still have about 32 hours until Spring 1901 phase ends.

1581127118870.png

Austria/InfernoDragon :
A Bud - Ser
F Tri - Alb
A Vie - Gal

England/Waylaid :
F Edi - NTH
F Lon - ENG
A Lvp - Yor

France/AuraGuardian :
F Bre - ENG
A Mar - Pie
A Par - Pic

Germany/Duskfall98 :
A Ber - Kie
F Kie - Hol
A Mun - Ruh

Italy/Whydon :
F Nap - ION
A Rom - Apu
A Ven - Pie

Russia/Bluedoom :
A Mos - Ukr
F Sev - BLA
F Stp/sc - BOT
A War - Gal

Turkey/JALMONT :
F Ank - BLA
A Con - Bul
A Smy - Con

1581127156173.png

A letter has been published in the International Gazette by Aura Guardian, and it reads as such:

Code:
The trick to lying is to almost always tell the truth, especially at the start. That way, you'll be believed when in that crucial moment. Or always be as complete as you can, until the end. The issue with telling two people about each other is if they already have a communications line and then compare notes.

Also, don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Especially if it's a person to be offended by you taking for granted something that hasn't truly been agreed upon in the first place.

And here, I thought I was going to be neutral during 1901.

Last edited:
The next deadline will be in 48 hours for Fall 1901, retreats if necessary will take 24 hours, and once the Fall season is complete, you'll have another 24 hours for the Winter phase

1581350892066.png

Austria/InfernoDragon :
F Alb - Gre
A Ser S Alb - Gre
A Vie - Tri

England/Waylaid :

F Lon - ENG
F NTH - SKA
A Yor - Lon

France/AuraGuardian :
F Bre - MAO
A Mar - Spa
A Pic - Bel

Germany/Duskfall98 :

F Hol H
A Kie - Den
A Ruh S Pic - Bel

Italy/Whydon :
A Apu - Tun
F ION C Apu - Tun
A Ven - Tri

Russia/Bluedoom :
F BOT - Swe
F Sev - BLA
A Ukr - Rum
A War - Gal

Turkey/JALMONT :
F Ank - BLA
A Bul - Rum
A Con - Bul

1581350964669.png

Austria InfernoDragon has two builds, France Aura Guardian has two builds, Germany Duskfall98 has two builds, Italy Whydon has two builds, Russia @bluedoom has one build, Turkey JALMONT has one build

Please send in your builds prior to 6 PM PST on Tuesday the 11th, which is slightly less than 34 hours from now.

1581731372942.png

Austria/InfernoDragon :
F Gre - Bul SC
A Ser S F Gre - Bul SC
A Vie - Tri
A Tri - Alb
A Bud S A Ser H

England/Waylaid :
F ENG C A Yor - Bel
F SKA - Nwy
A Yor - Bel

France/AuraGuardian :
F MAO S F Bre - ENG
F Bre - ENG
F Mar - Spa SC
A Spa - Por
A Bel H

Germany/Duskfall98 :
F Hol - NTH
A Den H
A Ruh H
A Mun - Boh
F Kie - HEL

Italy/Whydon :
A Tun H
F ION - EAS
A Ven H
F Nap - ION

Russia/Bluedoom :
F Swe S A Stp - Nwy
A Stp - Nwy
F Sev - BLA
A Ukr - Rum
A War S A Ukr - Rum

Turkey/JALMONT :
F Ank - BLA
A Bul H
A Con S A Bul H
F Smy - AEG

1581731431903.png

I need a retreat for England's Fleet that was dislodged from ENG within the next 24 hours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)