Ditto Mechanics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to make sure that the simulator has programmed Ditto's DW ability "imposter" correctly.

Back in PO, it was much different, and I'll list some of the discrepancies here. Ultimately, I'm not sure what it's supposed to be

In PO:
-Choice scarf boost stacked if you copied opposing pokemon with scarf/specs/band (therefore no speedties with other scarfed pokemon)
-The hidden power wasn't copied, but so you had to choose Ditto's hidden power blindly (either fire or ice usually)
-When you copied arceus, you stayed normal typing because you didn't have a plate
-Even when ditto is transformed into a poison type, it is affected by poison via toxic spikes. T-spikes do not clear up.

And I'm sure there are a few more

These mechanics are not on the Smogon server (for ex, ghost arceus KO'd by ditto with judgment when I switched in expecting to be normal typing). Is it supposed to be this way, or is there a problem?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
When an Imposter user copies Arceus, it copies Arceus's typing regardless of the Imposter user's item. Its Judgment, however, depends on its own Plate and not the plate the Arceus is holding.

Imposter has been researched thoroughly and should be correct in every aspect on Pokemon Showdown.

Next time you have a question such as this, use the Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread or the B&W Research thread.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Like Arcticblast said, Imposter and Transform mechanics are correct on Pokemon Showdown for Gen 5. Some of what you mentioned is actually part of the Gen 4 Transform mechanics, and if PO is in fact using those mechanics for Gen 5 as you say, then PO is wrong.

-Choice scarf boost stacked if you copied opposing pokemon with scarf/specs/band (therefore no speedties with other scarfed pokemon)
Choice Scarf boosts have never stacked with use of Transform; I'm pretty sure PO is not doing it this way either, as it would be ridiculous.

-The hidden power wasn't copied, but so you had to choose Ditto's hidden power blindly (either fire or ice usually)
The Hidden Power type was copied in Gen 4 because Transform copied IVs; in Gen 5 IVs are no longer copied and so the Transform user can use whatever Hidden Power type it wants and keep it through the Transformation.

-When you copied arceus, you stayed normal typing because you didn't have a plate
In Gen 4, Transform also copied species, so Transforming into, say, Arceus-Ghost would cause a transformation into Arceus-Normal if the Transform user wasn't holding a Plate itself. (if it was holding a Plate, say Icicle, it would Transform into Arceus-Normal first, then change form to Arceus-Ice). Anyway, in Gen 5 species is not copied and so Transform copies Arceus exactly as it is (sprite and typing), but like Arcticblast mentioned Judgment will depend on your own Plate.

-Even when ditto is transformed into a poison type, it is affected by poison via toxic spikes. T-spikes do not clear up.
Finally, Toxic Spikes, like all hazards, take effect before Abilities activate, so Ditto will become poisoned and then Transform. Toxic Spikes are never removed when an active Pokemon turns into a Poison-type or "lands on the ground" if it happens to be a levitating Poison-type.

BUMP: I recently sent in my ditto on a gyarados with intimidate, expecting my ditto to intimidate it back, but nothing happened. Is this supposed to happen?

jrp

Banned deucer.
from what I understand about imposter, it transforms after the check for intimidate would go through. It's the same reason that Ditto takes neutral damage from SR/Spikes if it switches in on a flying pokemon.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
BUMP: I recently sent in my ditto on a gyarados with intimidate, expecting my ditto to intimidate it back, but nothing happened. Is this supposed to happen?
This is a bug report, it goes in the bug report thread, in which case you would have seen the part where it says "Save a replay".

Save a replay, or else there's practically nothing I can do about this. :/

I'm closing this thread because bugs should be reported in the bug report thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)