DLC2 Crown Tundra Speculation Thread [SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe transistor makes it so it can hit ground types with electric moves or something. Idk, that doesn't really make any sense, but im trying to be optimistic. Regieleki's only utility seems like it will come from being able to trap things with its signature move, so it could have some good uses.

Last edited:
Lele's gonna be great, at least.

Koko will at least be an Electric Terrain enabler that isn't complete dogshit, Bulu might offer something for defensively-oriented teams since Rilla is waaaaaaay better offensively, and Fini... well, I don't know what Fini really does besides click Defog.
I'm honestly glad they didn't get the terrain moves cuz that could have pushed Lele and Koko into ubers, but I wanted Koko to get close combat and play rough to give it some more versatility and help it keep up with power creep.

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say- what the f*** just happened?!?!?!?!?!?!

Just- there's no way this can be the complete moveset list, right? (Honestly, I think this list probably is incomplete since, as several others have pointed out, new move Steel Beam is nowhere to be found on this list). But if this is it- wow, this is not looking good for the newcomers.

Galarian Birbs: Not getting Roost is obviously a big shock; I mean, I can theoretically get it for Gapdos, who looks to still be decent at least, but for the other two it comes as a big surprise.

Goltres: Today has been a never-ending series of disappointment for Goltres. First, it gets stuck as the defensive mon with a base 100 attacking stat. Second, it apparently doesn't get Roost, which turns fact #1 into an outright liability. And, while this isn't as big of a deal- why the actual f*** does this thing not get Heat Wave? I mean, Heat Wave is a pretty standard coverage option for Flying types, and the base form of this guy is a FIRE type. This is honestly the biggest red flag for me in terms of this list being incomplete.

Koko & Lele: Low key kind of relieved these guys might not be getting their respective terrain moves, but it's still weird. Not getting Expanding Force should make Lele less broken, but still at least A or B+ tier. Koko is a sorrier case; if this leak is to be believed, it not only doesn't get Voltage, but also gets denied Play Rough and CC (so I'm told. For some reason my computer won't load the list that far), which is a huge blow for prospective physical and mixed sets. Still, its support options and ability to support Hawlucha should ensure Zeraora doesn't overshadow.

Tapu Bulu: Game Freak should call itself Sephiroth, because Bulu just got impaled through the goddamn spine. No Grassy Glide, No Play Rough, No CC- yeesh! While I was relieved that Koko and Lele are apparently not getting the super buffs we feared, I was really looking forward to Bulu's buffs. Rillaboom already has better Speed and support thanks to KnockTurn; extra power from a secondary STAB and CC being generally superior to Superpower was all Bulu had going for it. If this is true, there will basically be no reason to use Bulu over Rillaboom. It might even get the boot down to UU- eh, at least it'd be in a tier I actually play.

Regieleki: This boy was poised to tear through OU with naturally unmatched speed- and it turns out he gets literally no coverage. Sorry, but a Magma Storm clone and 200 Speed will only get you so far when you can be completely neutered by a niche mon like Golurk. I really hope this leak isn't complete for Eleki's sake; at least Drago actually got some coverage.

Glastrier: 30 Speed. It's a pure ICE type. With 3 0 S P E E D.
1603422906606.png

Just- why? (Well, at least it actually gets a movepool with Swords Dance and Superpower and stuff).

Spectrier: This thing was looking hype as hell- and then we see that it's special coverage apparently consists of Dark Pulse, which is completely repetitive on a Ghost type, and Mud Shot. MUD SHOT. You've gotta be kidding me, right? .. Right?

Calyrex: Well, this isn't quite what I was expecting. What I was expecting was theoretically usable in a serious tier. For as much as we agree base Calyrex's movepool looks to be thoroughly underwhelming, I notice we're not talking about how this thing has one of the lamest stat spread I've ever seen on a mon that wasn't specifically designed to be useless past the early game. With 100 in HP and a paltry 80 in everything else, I honestly think this thing is gonna be sinking all the way to PU, if it's even good there. Awful stats, awful typing, awful ability, and seemingly awful movepool- this is basically just Phione 2.0. Forget competing with Celebi, even if this thing actually gets a good movepool I frankly don't see any reason any tier above PU would want this weak-ass rabbit.

So, a lot of things just got screwed over, although I doubt the movepool leak is the final picture, especially since it contradicts some info in the earlier leak pre-Isle, which was otherwise fairly accurate. Still, I'd be lying if I didn't admit the doubt was also partially me praying this isn't the full picture.

My conclusion is that gf messed up somewhere. Sure, bad movepools are one thing, but to have SO MANY POKEMON with this miserable of movepools, especially even the Tapus not getting their terrain moves, something is awry. Take a minute to think of this from gf's perspective. They want to get the most amount of hype and cool with the least amount of work. You know what the first videos to come out on youtube will be about? TAPU KOKO IS BROKEN!! SPECS TAPU LELE KILLS EVERYTHING!!1!! YOU CAN'T STOP TAPU BULU!!!1! Everyone loves the Tapus. I, for one, think that they are a cool addition and a great way to make terrain mainstream. Then why would they not add this? It's not like it's incredibly difficult. Adding these moves for the Tapus probably takes around 1 day at most (im not familiar with programming btw so correct me if im wrong). Think of the noobs! When you are new to pokemon, adding rising voltage on tapu koko feels so cool! You find a way to use a lesser-used move in synergy with Tapu Koko's ability! It's a strat that as far as you are aware, is not used. Wielding this great power feels great. Why would they then not add it?

Watch out, in a couple days, they're not gonna release a bug fix that "mysteriously" fixes this. You know what's gonna happen? Ultra Sword and Ultra Shield, with every single pokemon in the dex and terrain move tapus. Anything for more money. Or it could be intentional, which would be dumb and a huge waste of opportunity.

Sorry for gf-hating on the Crown Tundra Speculation thread, i just feel like something is going on here that is more than meets the eye. This many mons with so shallow movepools? Something is goofed up, whether it be gf or Leaks or information-gatherers.

You know I tried really hard to think of set that horse could possible use, like really hard and well..... this is what i got:

Leftovers 4Def 252 SpA 252SPE
Will-O-Wisp
Hex
Taunt
Swift/Mud Bomb/Hyper Beam

I gave up on nasty plot, at 2+ plus the ghost stab hurts yeah but even at 2+ if something resists ghost types they can turn you into ghost type glue because your coverage sucks so I went a stallbreaker set with a Wisp-Hex, taunt and the last slot is for what you want be helpess against, MBomb makes you mandy bait even harder than normal and Swift you auto loses against TTar and Sharp, Hyper beam if you want a nuke which makes you helpless even resisted its stronger than neutral swift so it's something I guess...

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Okay so I cant play showdown because Uni, pc broke and life is stresfull, but I wanted to at least see this, ive been soooo out of the meta, and with the dlc, i though i would see changes

And then it turns out, everything went from hype to utter depresion

Rillaboom is unironically the ultimate winner from this shitstorm, rillachads be spamming adamant CB Grassy Glide because they CAN

Oh well, does someone wanna revive gen 4 uu? Or something?

How you guys feel about koko vs zeraora? Last season zeraora had almost no use tnks to koko but now some things changed like the lack of hp ice and zeraora being really popular because of the utility provided by knock off and his coverage moves

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Holy shit he do be talking tho!!!!

On a serious note, how are you guys feeling about the tapus now, with no good movepool additions? Do you still think they'll be good in the meta game, or be less dominant than gen 7?
The Tapus overall got fucked.

:sm/tapu-bulu:
Tapu Bulu missing out on Grassy Glide and Play Rough basically erases any chance of it being used as a CB breaker or Offensive SD set like its companion Rillaboom. Quite frankly its only niche resides in its classic SpD Bulu sets that it ran back in SM, and I am not sure if that's enough. I expect it to be good but ultimately drop to UU, where its its brokenness will be ultimately determined by what drops with it.

:sm/tapu-lele:
Tapu Lele HATES that it did not get Expanding Force, because now its just very much just worst than its previous state last generation. Specs doesn't 3HKO Steels just by clicking its STABs anymore, CM sets got hit with a double whammy because their Psychic STAB is weaker and they lost that crucial Fightinium Z. That being said, Lele is still a good breaker and shouldn't drop to UU, but its a lot more manageable than last time around.

:sm/tapu-koko:
Tapu Koko feels very weird. ALL of its hyped up moves have been revealed to be a farce, and it lost HP Ice and its Thunderbolt is a bit weaker, all while Electric types around it get buffs (Scald Raikou and Hurricane Zapdos). Even its classic screens set faces comp from new guy Regieleki, who trades terrain and Taunt for Rapid Spin, Explosion and MUCH higher speed. I really have no idea what to expect from Tapu Koko moving forward.

:sm/tapu-fini:
Tapu Fini is relatively unchanged for the most part, sure losing Misty Terrain when it Defogs sucks, but otherwise it plays exactly like it would last generation. Kartana being strictly worse this generation, the disappearance of Z-Moves and the addition of Draining Kiss may even prop Tapu Fini to be in an overall better place this time around. Flip Turn + Boots would have been SICK though ngl.

My conclusion is that gf messed up somewhere. Sure, bad movepools are one thing, but to have SO MANY POKEMON with this miserable of movepools, especially even the Tapus not getting their terrain moves, something is awry. Take a minute to think of this from gf's perspective. They want to get the most amount of hype and cool with the least amount of work. You know what the first videos to come out on youtube will be about? TAPU KOKO IS BROKEN!! SPECS TAPU LELE KILLS EVERYTHING!!1!! YOU CAN'T STOP TAPU BULU!!!1! Everyone loves the Tapus. I, for one, think that they are a cool addition and a great way to make terrain mainstream. Then why would they not add this? It's not like it's incredibly difficult. Adding these moves for the Tapus probably takes around 1 day at most (im not familiar with programming btw so correct me if im wrong). Think of the noobs! When you are new to pokemon, adding rising voltage on tapu koko feels so cool! You find a way to use a lesser-used move in synergy with Tapu Koko's ability! It's a strat that as far as you are aware, is not used. Wielding this great power feels great. Why would they then not add it?

Watch out, in a couple days, they're not gonna release a bug fix that "mysteriously" fixes this. You know what's gonna happen? Ultra Sword and Ultra Shield, with every single pokemon in the dex and terrain move tapus. Anything for more money. Or it could be intentional, which would be dumb and a huge waste of opportunity.

Sorry for gf-hating on the Crown Tundra Speculation thread, i just feel like something is going on here that is more than meets the eye. This many mons with so shallow movepools? Something is goofed up, whether it be gf or Leaks or information-gatherers.
Gamefreak is just flat out incompetent. They can't generate hype for the dlc from the casual player, SwSh were garbage, VGC is literally just 50/50s the game, 6v6 is impossible due to a mandatory timer, and finally they manage to pull together some hype with DLC2 and they absolutely ruin it by destroying almost every single new Pokémon by giving them comically shallow movepools.

The best part of DLC2 is just returning Pokémon aka cut content returning. Sorry but if that's all Gamefreak can offer then they can go fuck themselves. I do not appreciate having cut content sold back to me.

Oh well at least Trick Room gets that ice horse to try and squeeze some value out of. GZapdos should be a decent Bander. Uhh... I guess that's it for OU?

Gamefreak is just flat out incompetent. They can't generate hype for the dlc from the casual player, SwSh were garbage, VGC is literally just 50/50s the game, 6v6 is impossible due to a mandatory timer, and finally they manage to pull together some hype with DLC2 and they absolutely ruin it by destroying almost every single new Pokémon by giving them comically shallow movepools.

The best part of DLC2 is just returning Pokémon aka cut content returning. Sorry but if that's all Gamefreak can offer then they can go fuck themselves. I do not appreciate having cut content sold back to me.

Oh well at least Trick Room gets that ice horse to try and squeeze some value out of. GZapdos should be a decent Bander. Uhh... I guess that's it for OU?
Thank God showdown exists so I don't have to waste money on this garbage. They could go for a good finisher with the new mons and new additions to movepools and they ruined it. How could things go that bad? IoA did it with Urshifu and the tutors how did they drop the ball that hard?

Hay, at least chomp got scale shot lol.
And I have no idea why why gamefreak is so allergic to making legendary pokemon good. Ghost horse should be easy uber material but it can't touch any moderately bulky dark type. Maybe sub cm taunt could do some work, but with dark pulse instead of shadow ball so you can touch blissey after reaching +6

clean

is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion

Once more, it is ridiculous that they are incapable of making this DLC hype. All they had to do was give returning mons new shiny moves, and they couldn't even do that.

Not only that, they made all the new mons pretty garbage. None of them have any sort of coverage, and the lack of KEY moves like roost on the G-birds makes them way less viable. Giving Regieleki literally no coverage makes it a boring mon that will be unviable. Why did they even bother if this was going to be the end result? I really wish I knew.

Gapdos is still an elite top 15 Pokémon in the game, not having roost sucks because it always had an extra move slot but it’s still a bisharp landorus T fusion.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Calyrex Ice Rider on a critical hit: 320-378 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

For the people who think this mon is definitely an OU level mon, it has enough physical bulk to dodge a Ursh kill if you invest there.

Now, obviously the calc itself is not practical, no way this thing is gonna invest in its defense like that, but even without investment, this thing is BARELY killed by Wicked Blow. Even with its ass typing, the mon has too much bulk and power for it to reasonably be running around OU, as eseentially without an Urshifu level breaker you aren't killing this thing physically.

Once more, it is ridiculous that they are incapable of making this DLC hype. All they had to do was give returning mons new shiny moves, and they couldn't even do that.

Not only that, they made all the new mons pretty garbage. None of them have any sort of coverage, and the lack of KEY moves like roost on the G-birds makes them way less viable. Giving Regieleki literally no coverage makes it a boring mon that will be unviable. Why did they even bother if this was going to be the end result? I really wish I knew.
But doesn't G-Articuno learn Recover? I looked this up on serebii

The shallow movepools are for the same reason Hidden Power was removed. They no longer want an Electric type beating a Ground type with a coverage move. They're trying to promote the use of different Pokemon or promote switching idk lol. I think this is also the reason Heavy Duty Boots was created as well so you can switch in and out easier.

Last edited:
In brighter news for gapdos, thunderous kick is 90 BP which makes it way better than close combat. And it's been confirmed that drops from mirror armor activate defiant, so gapdos just destroys corviknight no matter what set its running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)