Do you have the Guts?

Hi everyone!
I decided to make this team based around AV Conkeldurr, after facing one on the ladder. One of the best sets of Gen VI, AV Conkeldurr takes hits with ease, absorbs statuses and can easily cripple the opponent.
The team:

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

The star of the team, this is a set designed to maximize offensive and defensive potential. With 252 Atk and an Adamant Nature, Conkeldurr reaches a stellar 416 Atk, enough to obliterate most teams. With an AV equipped and 252 HP investment, Conkeldurr has no problems taking hits. The buff to Knock Off helps immensely as it can help get rid of Leftovers which can prove to be the difference between an OHKO and a 2HKO.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Spd / 172 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
While Conkeldurr faces no issues on the special side of things, there is always a need for assistance on the physical side. Enter Lando-T, the number 1 offensive pivot. The set is standard, with the exception of Stone Edge, allowing Lando-T to beat Charizard and co. Lando-T also acts as my SR setter and general lead, forcing switches due to Intimidate.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
Latios is my go-to nuke/revenge killer. With a LO equipped, Draco Meteor nukes most weakened pokemon and can quickly KO any pokemon giving my team problems. Thunderbolt helps deal with Togekiss and Azumarill, two common fairy-types that would otherwise give Latios problems. Latios also appreciates the support Conkeldurr gives it against Ttar and other Dark-types. The EV spread is pretty standard, and Psyshock helps against AV mons especially.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
Rotom-W is the second defensive pokemon of this team, taking care of threats Conkeldurr cannot handle such as Talonflame, etc. Rotom-W also helps against the odd rain team, sponging most boosted hits. The EV spread helps sponge hits, while Volt Switch helps gain momentum. Will-O-Wisp also helps beat out any physical attackers looking to setup and can wear out pokemon for Latios to sweep. Pain Split offers recovery and is more reliable than Rest in most situations.

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
Latios is fast, but with other Scarfers ever-present, every team needs a scarfer. Chandelure helps provide essential fire-type coverage while also providing a way to cripple most sweepers with Trick. Shadow Ball has good coverage with the loss of the Steel resist and Energy Ball helps beat Water-types looking to set-up. Flash Fire also helps against Heatran, who no longer resists Shadow Ball and thus has to switch out. The EV spread is fairly standard, as is the nature on the set.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Roost
The last(but not the least), Mega-Scizor provides another bulky attacker to the team, with U-Turn complementing Rotom-W's Volt Switch. Pursuit is something I'm not too sure about, although it can help beat annoying Psychic-types like Latios and helps play mind games. Bullet Punch is customary, while Superpower helps provide coverage. The EV spread helps increase bulk in order to take some hits endgame, while the Adamant nature helps maximize output, although the EV spread might need a little tweaking.

Any help is welcome and appreciated, since this is a team in the making and I'm sure there are lots of loopholes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)