Serious Does anyone else suddenly think about their own mortality at random and get super fucking depressed because of it.

• Thread starter Deleted member 503163
  • Start date

Deleted member 503163

It's been a reoccurring problem for me the past few weeks, and I'm seeing a therapist, but it would help to know I'm not alone in this right now.

No. While in the future we may be able to live a lot longer, and I hate the fact that I was born in the current era, there's no guarantee that the future would be much better than it is now. If my estimates are correct, then by the time that happens, the resources on Earth would be much too scarce. A capitalist economy would be unsustainable and we would be much more communist - having to ration out everything basically. Well, that's just a personal theory. At any rate, the living conditions we have now are much better than it was in the past, and for that I'm grateful. Also...

No matter what the era, I am determined to shine the brightest!

i use to a lot more until [and perhaps this is normal, perhaps its odd] i lost some key people in my life which kind of made me realize how fleeting it all is, really. ive always battled bi polar depression so to say mortality was always a fear of mine would be insincere to save going to deep into "how dark it can get" but there is certainly times i fear say.... not getting to have a family and be a father/husband [i already lost out on dreams of my grandpa at my wedding, father as a grandpa (actively) to my children, sadly], or if ill ever get things in order before some random thing be it a depression, time, or accident taking me out. its scary, but in a way after losing those key people it empowered me in a way like realizing the time you have is the time you have, if i wanna be the quality of person i upheld them to be i need to act, not fear.

6th grade to 9th grade i use to think about it alot and got really depressed because of it , it affected my grades and my parents started to notice but didn’t understand why i was being so sad and i didnt want to explain to them either. Thankfully i found some friends and i owe them the world for helping me. Sometimes i do think about it still but i just distract myself with video games and talking to friends in discord or irl friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)