Does anyone use one of those head camera thingies?

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Some people have expressed interest in watching me as I struggle through some amateur machining so I thought I might give it a try. The GoPros seem pretty damn overpriced though, and I have no idea if this class of camera is actually any good at all for perspective. My idea was to wear it as I did things recording pretty much constantly, and then cut the video down into a reasonable size and voice-over it.

Tory

Banned deucer.
Are you talking about the head mount kit or the camera?

HDCOOL 4K ACTION CAMERA — $50
YI DISCOVERY 4K ACTION CAMERA — $60
VTECH KIDIZOOM ACTION CAMERA — $35
INTOVA DUB ACTION CAMERA — $39
YUNTAB 1080P ACTION CAMERA — $24
SONY HDR-AS50 1080P ACTION CAMCORDER — $198
ION AIR PRO 2 ACTION CAMCORDER — $109
POLAROID CUBE ACTION CAMERA — $54

Tory

Banned deucer.
Here are some great head mount kits that can equip with those action cameras:

Sametop Replacement Chest Mount Harness Chesty Head Mount Strap Kit
$17.99 (best quality)
Jl supply Gopro accessories Head strap Chest strap Hand $17.95
VVHOOY 3 in 1 Universal Waterproof Action Camera Accessories Bundle Kit $14.99
Black Pro Basic Common Outdoor Sports Kit $13.99 (most popular)
SmilePowo GOPRO HERO Camera Accessories $16.99

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I can use Google to find things that go on my head just fine. I'm looking for someone who has actually used one of them and can discuss their experience using it and what they thought their strengths and weaknesses are.

Tory

Banned deucer.
Yes, I also would like everyone's review that ascertain on the latest action cameras and head mount kits. Narrate and communicate with us on the best, okay, and worst ones. Let me hear you guys experience.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
From my experience the video can come out shaky because your head is moving so it would probably be better to use a tripod or something unless you're moving between machines a lot

Surgo

goes to eleven
Is that shakiness something that can come out via post-processing? I always thought that would be the case, but if it's not very good at doing that that's good to know.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Is that shakiness something that can come out via post-processing? I always thought that would be the case, but if it's not very good at doing that that's good to know.
It's terrible at it, the go pros are meant for "being there in the action" kind of thing so any steadiness goes right out the window. My dad got one to try and film some hiking stuff in colorado so he could show it to my grandma without having to lug a camera around. even when he was walking on flat terrain the bouncing and shaking can make you nauseous looking at it. Not gonna pretend like we're editing pros but I highly doubt you can stabilize it very well. Maybe you could considering the background isn't going to change much if at all if you're machining, but I don't think a go pro is what you're looking for unless you're trying to get some really difficult angles

Surgo

goes to eleven
Thanks, that's very good to know.

The reason I was looking into the head-camera in the first place is because I didn't want my body to block the view of what I was doing. Maybe I can rig up some kind of top-view camera facing downward to get the same effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)