Dogfish44 vs. Aquamarius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the wait, but I had some difficulties getting this up yesterday. First off, here are the basic rules of the match:

2 V 2 SINGLES
3 Day DQ, 7 day for Ref
No Recovery, Unlimited Chills.

Arena:

Mario Kart - Rainbow Road.

Situated amongst the stars, Rainbow Road is an amazing place. Walking across solid refracted light. Should you run down the track, you can find the following, which are added to your inventory to be used whenever (These appear randomely, and some are more likely than others):

(25%) Green Shell - Sacrifice an action to wear, grants a 10 HP shield to physical attacks (Useless against special attacks and status).

(25%) Red Shell - Sacrifice an action to wear, grants a 10 HP shield to special attacks (Useless against psysical attacks and status).

(20%) Bomb-Omb - Throw at your opponent for a Base 8 damage Special Attack (NORMAL) of **** Sp.ATK (Takes up an action).

(20%) Bullet Bill - A Base 8 damage Physical Attack (NORMAL) of **** ATK (Takes up an action).

(10%) Star - Boosts all stats by 1, can be used without using up an action.

Switch = KO
All Abilities
Items Disabled
Teams:

Dogfish44:

Archen [Rawk] (Male)
Nature: Adamant
Type: Rock/Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Whirlwind have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Faint-Hearted (English = Defeatist): The Pokemon tires from prolonged battles easily, and deals 3 less damage once below 50% of its maximum HP. Once Faint-Hearted is active, attacks cost two (2) less energy. If the Pokemon goes back above 50% of its maximum HP in battle, Faint-Hearted's effects will dissapear.
Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: ***** (Increased by Nature)
Def: **
SpA: ** (Decreased by Nature)
SpD: **
Spe: 70

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: N/A

Attacks:
Quick Attack
Leer
Wing Attack
Rock Throw
Double Team
Scary Face
Pluck
AncientPower
Quick Guard

Bite
Steel Wing
Head Smash

Smack Down
Earthquake
Hone Claws
RAWK (Archen)

Electrike [Sparky] (Male)
Nature: Lonely

Type:
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.

Stats:
Electrike
Atk: *** (+)
Def: * (-)
SpA: ***
Spe: 65

DC: 0

Abilities:
Static: [Innate] This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.
LightningRod: [Innate] These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they tranfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Minus (DW - Not Active): [Innate] This Pokemon possesses a negative electrical charge, when a Pokemon with Plus is on the field, this Pokemon’s special attacks increase their base damage by two (2). If this Pokemon also has Plus, the damage does not stack.

Attacks:
Tackle
Thunder Wave
Leer
Howl
Quick Attack
Spark

Ice Fang
Crunch
Discharge

Flamethrower
Volt Change
Hidden Power (Psychic - Power 7)

Electrike

Spheal (Snooker - Female)
Nature: Quiet

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: **
Def: **
SpA: *** (+)
Spe: 21 (-)

EC: 1/9
DC: 1

Type:
Water/Ice

Abilities:
Thick Fat
Ice Body
Oblivious (DW - NOT Activated)

Attacks:
Defense Curl
Powder Snow
Growl
Defense Curl
Water Gun
Encore
Ice Ball
Body Slam
Aurora Beam

Signal Beam
Rock Slide
Fissure

Earthquake
Ice Beam
Waterfall

Rest
Aquamarius:

Bronzor [Boomer] (Genderless) (*)
Nature: Brave

Type:
Steel/Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks, Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Stats:

Atk: **(+)
Def: ***
SpA: *
SpD: ***
Spe: 20(-)

DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Heatproof: (Innate) This Pokemon's mirror-like alloyed skin protects it from Fire-type attacks, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.) The damage inflicted by burns is also cut in half.
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Heavy Metal (DW - NOT ACTIVATED): (Innate) The Pokemon's body structure is immensely dense, doubling its weight. When it uses a full-body attack or a weight-based attack it will do more damage, and it will be much harder to lift, throw, or knock back.

Attacks:
Tackle (*)
Confusion (*)
Hypnosis (*)
Imprison (*)
Confuse Ray (*)
Extrasensory (*)
Safeguard (*)
Gyro Ball (*)
Payback (*)

Light Screen (*)
Reflect (*)
Trick Room (*)

Bronzor (*)

Slowpoke [Poker King] (Male) (*)
Nature: Sassy

Type:
Water/Psychic: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1), Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

Atk: ***
Def: ***
SpA: **
SpD: ***(+)
Spe: 13(-)

DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Oblivious: (Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being effected by Attract or Cute Charm.
Own Tempo: (Innate) This Pokemon moves at its own pace and cannot be confused by any method.
Regeneration (DW - NOT ACTIVATED): (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and 10 HP is restored.

Attacks:
Curse (*)
Yawn (*)
Tackle (*)
Growl (*)
Water Gun (*)
Confusion (*)
Disable (*)
Headbutt (*)

Mud Sport (*)
Safeguard (*)
Wonder Room (*)

Light Screen (*)
Flamethrower (*)
Trick Room (*)
Dogfish sends out his Pokemon, Aqua sends out Pokemon and orders, Dogfish orders, I ref, Aqua orders, Dogfish orders, I ref, rinse and repeat.

I send in Boomer the Bronzor.
Start off the battle with Confuse Ray, hopefully Confusing him. Follow up with double Gyro Ball. If he uses Double Team and 2 or more of the clones are in range, replace appropiate action with spread Confuse Ray. If he flies out of the range of your attacks, hit him with Extrasensory.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Let's Rawk!

Quick Attack down rainbow road, I want you to not be on the recieving end of that Confuse Ray, so don't look back!

Now, you've got one very wierd looking coin spinning after you, so I want you to stop that spinning attack and bring it down with a Smack Down.

Finish up with an Earthquake! See if you can also break a patch of rainbow road into fragments along the path it's gonna be going down, that should knock the second Gyro Ball off course.

Archen [Rawk] (Male)
Energy: 100

Energy: 100

The first Pokemon of the match are unleashed at the starting line of Rainbow Road, the scenic and perilous path through the stars. Our contestants this round are Archen, a fierce, if somewhat faint-hearted, pterodactyl, and Bronzor, a steel disk... thing. The two stare each other down as the flags are dropped. Three. Two. One. Go!

Faster than most of the cars on the track, Archen runs away towards the item blocks further down the road, not bothering to look back. Apparently he forgot that this is a BATTLE and not a race, but whatever. Bronzor starts to make strange metal screeching sounds about how back in his day whipper-snappers didn't just run away from a fight, and that the early civilizations could do it right, all of which is quite confusing to Archen, who is actually older than Bronzor. Regarless, he just shakes off the attempt at confusion as he plows through an item box, the mysterious illusion being replaced by a Green Shell that he picks up in his claws.

Bronzor starts to spin, making his center of gravity grow heavier and heavier before he bolts down the track, just a blurry metal vortex to the average observer. Archen seems terrifed of the impending Super Effective attack, but quickly gets over his shock and knocks Bronzor out of his rotation, and slams him to the ground, greatly reducing the amount of damage taken.

Needless to say, Bronzor is not happy and starts to spin again in hopes of a better outcome. Archen, on the other hand, has other plans and slams down on top of Bronzor, taking reduced damage due to the lack of a charging time. As he collides with the ground, parts of the rainbow start to vibrate and a massive hole opens beneath the combatants, dropping both of them thousands of feet to the ground... or not. Archen breaks out of the dive and resumes flight, while Bronzor starts to hover in midair. It looks as if the next round will be fought under the road.

Archen [Rawk] (Male)
HP: 80
Energy: 84
Stats and Status: Holding a Green Shell

HP: 71
Energy: 82
Stats and Status: Ground immunity removed, but... there's no ground to work with.

Arena: Both Pokemon are located under Rainbow Road, suspended in midair about five feet from each other.

Dogfish, you're up. Once again, I sincerely apologize, but my life has been very busy, and will be busy for a little while.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Umm.... did a super-effective EQ and a Smack down only do 6 damage? From ***** ATK to *** DEF?

Yeah, I didn't know Smack Down's Japanese name, so I didn't exactly know what it did in ASB. I'll redo the round later, but I need to know what name tHe attack has in the Data Audit thread first.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
*punt*

Rediamond, tell us if you're working on it or not. If you are, take your time, just keeping this off page 4 aand beyond.

Smack Down isn't in the Data Audit thread, and I have no idea what to ref it by. If you want to get a better ref, or just post orders and say it did an additional 12 damage, be my guest, but I have no idea how it works in ASB.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
OK, you're alive. I was only checking that (And heh, you're probably the best ref here).

Also, I believe the move is called Knock down in data audit thread.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
It would be a green shell.

Archen, I want you to Hone Claws, then Bite. FInish up by Quick attacking your way back above onto the road (I'm happy for no damage here, this is tactical o_O).

Eh, sorry for delays, but I'm on vacation. Therefore, I have to do all reffing from my phone. I'll try to ref daily after this trip to make up for it.

Archen, perfectly at home in midair, takes some time to scrape his claws against each other, sharpening them and increasing his aim and attack power. Bronzor continues to show no expression, and rotates in the air, using the centrifugal force to help raise him slightly. The coin suddenly races forwards, and smacks into Archen for major damage.

Enraged, Archen flies back towards the Bronzor, and slams his mouth shut over the steel type, trapping him with a Bite Attack. Unfortunately, Bronzor shrugs it off and continues to rotate straight out of his predicament, hurting Archen in the process.

Bloodied but not beaten, Archen decides to take a break from the fight, and quickly flies back onto the road. Bronzor watches on with a calculating gaze, and the air around him starts to shimmer in an effect similar to the rainbow above him. Eventually the light show starts to materialize into a solid, protective box around the Bronzor.

Archen
HP: 50
Energy: 70
Other: Holding a Green Shell

Bronzor
HP: 60
Energy: 65
Other: Relect for two more rounds.

Arena: Bronzor is directly underneath the hole in the rainbow, while Archen is safely on the road.

Aquamarius, you're up.

Triple Gyro Ball. If he's out of range for Gyro Ball or you have to go above the road to hit him with it, use Extrasensory instead of current action. At all costs, stay under the road!

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
OK then, incoming Gyro Ball. Or not. Rawk, I want you to bite down on it and clamp hard beefore that gyro ball can begin - I think it's somewhat hard to spin whilst you're stuck in a bite. Then, I want you to, still clamped down on it, Smack Down it right onto rainbow road. Finish by earthquaking it.

Yet another mobile reffing, so bear with me.

Despite the effort exerted to get back on the road, Archen is perfectly happy to get back down. Seeing no rush to get to it's opponent, Bronzor lazily starts to spin around. Suddenly, Archen swoops down through the hole in the rainbow (possible song title?) and clamps it's jaws down on Bronzor, although the box of light around the shield greatly reduces the damage done. While Bronzor could normally spin free, the dark energy released in the attack causes it to flinch, leaving it unable to move. Taking advantage of the situation, Archen swoops back onto the road, dragging the irritated Bronzor with him.

Seeing no reason to break from old tactics, Archen slams Bronzor back onto the road, where it's fall is broken by the box around him, although it loses some of it's mobility in the air. Annoyed, the Bronzor uses the momentum to spin faster and faster, and eventually slams back up and deals nasty damage to Archen.

Archen roars loudly, and the rainbow beneath the Bronzor starts to shake and fall apart, with shards of tangible light striking Bronzor in the face for critical damage. Enraged, Bronzor starts to spin yet again, gatherig chunks of rainbow around him. As the gravity around it increases, more and more pieces of light are sucked up, dragging entire sections of the already damaged road into him. As a massive ball of light starts to form arous his for, Archen's expression can only be interpreted as "Oh s***," before the massive orb slams into him, dealing obviously critical damage. As te light starts to clear, the destruction brought upon the road and combatants starts to become clear.

Archen
HP: 17
Energy: 58
Stats and Status: Holding a Green Shell

Bronzor
HP: 40
Energy: 51
Stats and Status: Relect for one more round, grounded

Arena: The road in either direction from the combatants is utterly destroyed. Shards of rainbow float around in the air aimlessly, forming a dangerous zone that is dangerous to fly in. Both combatants are suspended in the air. For the purposes of this match, Bronzor not having Levitate does not mean it will plummet to the ground, as the round wasn't really... orthodox.

Dogfish, you're up.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Unorthodox or not, that's a very good reffing.

Now then Archen, I want you to green shell. Then, Earthquake *2.

Mobile reffing tres redux. Sorry, but the last one soft deleted due to annoying circumstances, so I'm doing this again.

Finally abusing his item, Archen slips into his Green Shell, coming out looking like a paratroopa. Sort of, anyways. Colors off... and fangs... anyways... Bronzor starts to spin once more, and collides with Archen head on, causing the shell to shatter and Archen goes flying back on to the road.

Realizing his time is short (for the second time, being a fossil and all), Archen unleashes an Archaic screech and soars out over the shattered rainbow (another song title?). The shattered rainbow starts to form into a huge wave of glorious, multicolored, siezure inducing, hksowhxbejdockk. Bbsbjsosos

Back.

Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah, there. -beauty. Bronzor doesn't seem to care, and slams directly into the wave while spinning rapidly, creating a huge explosion o

Sorry about that. Anyways, there's a light show you don't want to miss over the Mushroom Kingdom tonight. But up in space, Archen finally falls in defeat during the explosion, while Bronzor stands ready to face his next foe.

Archen: Fainted

Bronzor
HP: 29
Energy: 37
Stats and Status: No reflect, levitating freely.

Arena: Large gap in the middle of the road, in which Bronzor floats. Next Pokemon may choose to appear in the gap or on the road.

Dogfish44 sends out his Pokemon, Aquamarius gives orders, Dogfish gives orders.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
You can easily outpace it the first time with a Flamethrower.

Then whilst it Safeguards, leap at it with a combo of Quick Attack & Crunch

Mobile reffing 4:

Eager to go, Electrike appears on the road in a flash of light. Bronzor simply stares him down in a calculated manner, attempting to figure out the best possible strategy. Before he gets much time to think, Electrike shoots out a steady stream of flames, engulfing the metal shield and burning Bronzor. Thankfully for it, it's Heatproof nature reduces the extent of both the attack and the burn. Wishing to avoid future problems, Bronzor erects a massive rainbow wall of light, forming a shield around it to protect from future ranged attacks. However, the formation of rainbows creates a distinct aura around the broken track as the Light Screen forms. While a Pokemon could easily slip through it, it forms a usable floor.

Eager to exploit this, Electrike rushes forwards in a lightning fast tackle and deals some trivial damage to Bronzor. Bronzor takes advantage of this light blow to set up another shield of light, this one a Safegaurd against status.

Seeing a window of opportunity, Electrike slams his jaws down upon Bronzor and crunches violently. While shaken fairly badly and afflicted by his burn, Bronzor fires off a beam of strange light that causes several flashing, multi-colore

Once again, I give my apologies. Stupid epilepsy. Anyways, Electrike has moderate confusion about his surroundings, and releases a damaged Bronzor from his jaws.

Electrike
Energy: 84
Stats and Status: Moderate Confusion (4 actions)

Bronzor
HP: 5
Energy: 17
Stats and Status: Burned, Safegaurd (4 rounds), Light Screen (1 round)

Arena: Middle of a partial road. While you can fall through, or be pushed through, it I'd sturdy. My justification is that the former destruction of the road wasn't actually justified by the actions given, and Bronzor created a rainbow. The road is a rainbow. Therefore, he fixed the road.

Dogfish, you're up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)