NOC Don't Lose Yo Village - Postgame

Hello didja enjoy watching bulky men juggling balls for 4 hours straight?

vooper I am aware that goon tracker can still track, what matter is that if we can extract the result from the goon tracker.

HeaLnDeaL for what unholy reason do you think my brilliant tactical claiming order not making sense?

Oh yeah, this isn't standard NOC, I suggest y'all give the original setup a look before trying to do standard NOC stuffs.

and ask for extension

i just want to point out that tracker claiming gives us no alignment indicative information. If they're converted then it doesn't help us with the lynch anyway and given that both mafia died n1, any potentially useful info that a town!tracker has would be on other town that might've been converted. Cancerous how does the tracker claiming help town?

vooper have you played with heal before? what's his meta like?

HeaLnDeaL what's your take on SupremeFashion ? does smogon usually have inactive mafia teams?

SupremeFashion

Banned deucer.

vooper I am aware that goon tracker can still track, what matter is that if we can extract the result from the goon tracker.

HeaLnDeaL for what unholy reason do you think my brilliant tactical claiming order not making sense?

Oh yeah, this isn't standard NOC, I suggest y'all give the original setup a look before trying to do standard NOC stuffs.

and ask for extension
nobody cares about this setup stuff, omg. literally not important at all.

and ask for extension
if ur aware of that i dont understand the reasoning :eyes:

i just want to point out that tracker claiming gives us no alignment indicative information. If they're converted then it doesn't help us with the lynch anyway and given that both mafia died n1, any potentially useful info that a town!tracker has would be on other town that might've been converted. Cancerous how does the tracker claiming help town?

HeaLnDeaL what's your take on SupremeFashion ? does smogon usually have inactive mafia teams?
heal does exactly this in games, ive only seen his town meta but rn he is following it p clearly

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I've barely played smogon mafia so it's not like I'm the best person to answer your second question. As for my opinion on SupremeFashion, I haven't seen any particularly relevant posting from them in either direction. Not sure if supreme came from another mafia site or if they are just a mafia noob. Reading noobs is quite hard for me.

To sort of answer your question to vooper about me, I've only played a few mafia games and only NOC off the top of my head that I played with viper was https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/2d3-mafia-game-over-town-win-and-postgame-is-up.3641443/

and ask for extension
It's confirmed that the two original mafia killed themselves to convert townies to mafia. This means that claiming is sort of in a weird spot in general, and I think blue's above post addresses the tracker and viper's earlier post showed he showed skepticism with a hunter claim too.

Nobody care about setup?
You should really though

Unlike standard NOC, literally everyone have an ability of sort. This mean mafia take extra risks when they are forced to claim. They can't just go oh i'm just vanilla hey now how about we jump on this wagon it look comfy.

Our ultimate powerplay is a massclaim. The mafia dread mass claiming in this setup because they are forced to deal with unknown variables.

There's a reason the safest play for mafia is to double sudoku on n1. If they don't, we will all be forced to play thunderdome when the massclaim eventually come.

Now we already know they did the double songoku, and because goons lose their ability most of the time, the tracker is our most reliable tool to uncover them.
That mean top priority is to clean the tracker, it's bad if we don't get this over asap (Actually, having doc get gooned is worse but there not much we can do about it)

Still following me? I'm so proud of all of you.

The tracker must have done one of the following 3 last night:
a. tracked a goon
b. tracked some town, not converted goon
c. track some town, converted to goon

a shoulda claim like a thousand years ago
b is cool, once b claimed, shrink can follow up, if the result is favorable we go for mass claim immediately, if not we plan from there.
Now what about c?

We have to force goon tracker (if they exist) to either make uncertain claims or give up actual info to the village. vooper this is the part where shrink cannot claim before tracker. If goon tracker saw shrink's claim they can just said they tracked the shrink, thus denying us the actual track result on n1. That would be a big loss and there is no reason to allow the possibility.

If the goon tracker falsify result, we can counterclaim and lynch the goon.
If goon tracker give up their actual track result, we get a good piece of info. From there on, goon tracker can no longer track, we can force them to track shrink on n2, then if they doesn't get the shrink result right we gucci

Cool?
Are we doing that or nah? I need everyone on board for this to work.

Also, scumread on supremefashion, dissing setup analysis is retarded for town. Only dumbasses and scums want to people to not look at free given info.

And guyd ask for extension we are at pmylo, 18 hours into the game and only 3 pages of discussion

Unlike standard NOC, literally everyone have an ability of sort. This mean mafia take extra risks when they are forced to claim. They can't just go oh i'm just vanilla hey now how about we jump on this wagon it look comfy.

Our ultimate powerplay is a massclaim. The mafia dread mass claiming in this setup because they are forced to deal with unknown variables.

There's a reason the safest play for mafia is to double sudoku on n1. If they don't, we will all be forced to play thunderdome when the massclaim eventually come.

Now we already know they did the double songoku, and because goons lose their ability most of the time, the tracker is our most reliable tool to uncover them.
That mean top priority is to clean the tracker, it's bad if we don't get this over asap (Actually, having doc get gooned is worse but there not much we can do about it)
this is not true because the mafia members now know which roles they can safely claim (because they were converted)

why do we need tracker outed for this
couldnt we just hypo tracker and then have the real tracker claim if they get a good result
this also helps fight against a converted doc
hypos would help targetting members of the town clean the tracker and then if that gets hypod they can come out
we would have to all hypo tho which may be an issue with an afk pool

The tracker must have done one of the following 3 last night:
a. tracked a goon
b. tracked some town, not converted goon
c. track some town, converted to goon

a shoulda claim like a thousand years ago
b is cool, once b claimed, shrink can follow up, if the result is favorable we go for mass claim immediately, if not we plan from there.
Now what about c?

We have to force goon tracker (if they exist) to either make uncertain claims or give up actual info to the village. vooper this is the part where shrink cannot claim before tracker. If goon tracker saw shrink's claim they can just said they tracked the shrink, thus denying us the actual track result on n1. That would be a big loss and there is no reason to allow the possibility.

If the goon tracker falsify result, we can counterclaim and lynch the goon.
If goon tracker give up their actual track result, we get a good piece of info. From there on, goon tracker can no longer track, we can force them to track shrink on n2, then if they doesn't get the shrink result right we gucci
A : there is no way tracker could have tracked a goon and have had that been worth claiming, the yakuza did the kill not the goons

B : tracker is of no use on the first night because even if they do track a converted maf there are lots of roles (including maf goon) that would not have visited on that night and we run the risk of miss-clearing a converted shrink/doc or even outing a doctor right off the bat

instead we could just hypo tracker results here incase real tracker dies, and let them have more time to get the real info next night

C : There is no need for goon tracker to make false claims, their n1 track still works and they have the results from that
they either 1) give that result up clearing themselves to parts of the town and then get their partner cleared
or 2) clear their partner THEN the town person giving us even less info

there is no need for goon tracker to fake result on any1 but their partner, and their partner would not go against them

and to your last part what happens if doc is converted or dies and they just kill the shrink (who also could be converted) there is no need to risk all of our power roles rn

imo just have every1 hypo tracker here and MAYBE have the shrink claim as they are useless now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)