National Dex Don't Sleep On Togekiss: Screens Hyper Offense ft. Z-Yawn Togekiss and Mega-Garchomp

Are you a member of the Anti-Stall Movement?

• Yes, I'm a valid member of society :D

• No :D

Results are only viewable after voting.
Z-Yawn? Who has ever used that? Well, I was doing some research and found that Z-Yawn boosts speed by 1 stage and that Togekiss, a mon who needs a little boost in speed to go along with their hax gets that move. So without further ado, here's the team!
https://pokepast.es/13896c7312af7b9a

DSOT smogon.png

Zapdos

Zapdos @ Light Clay
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Defog

This bulky mon is almost always the lead. Getting up screens and pivoting out is its utmost priority. If an opponent gets rocks up or any other hazards, hit a defog before pivoting and your teammates will appreciate it. Really try not to pivot back into this too much unless you are getting value out of Static or rocks aren't set up, as this is your main wall against everything. Play around with SpDef and Def, in my experience, however, SpDef has greatly prolonged Zap's lifespan. This is the choice over Koko due to Electric Terrain preventing sleep, plus the bulk is enjoyable.

Togekiss

Togekiss @ Normalium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Yawn
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere

Crawling out of the depths of the Anti-Meta underworld, Z-Yawn Togekiss. There really is no set time for this mon to go in. Against setup sweepers that haven't been set up yet or stall mons like Clef, Ferro, Corv, etc are probably your safest bets. The first thing to do as soon as this mons drops onto the field is fire off the Z-Yawn. The next turn, always go for the Nasty Plot unless your rare situation calls for an attack. Nasty Plot puts turns this from a stick into a semi-truck. Your opponent will likely switch out giving you a free NP and your new lovely speed boost from Z-Yawn will put you at 426 Speed, making your only new threats Mega-Beedrill and terrible RNG. I feel comfortable switching in on Chansey/Blissey because they can't heal if they can't stop flinching. Aura Sphere is there to finish off whittled-down steel types, Chansey/Blissey, and to provide another valid option, should you feel abandoned by the RNG gods.

Now for the Togekiss reinforcements:

Hawlucha

Hawlucha @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch

On the off chance that your opponent stays in after the yawn effect sets in and KOs Togekiss, this is one of your backup options. They will be asleep meaning that you get either a free SD or an opportunity to predict a switch-in with Close Combat and remove your White Herb. Acrobatics is a no-brainer and hits like a truck after you lose the White Herb. Thunder Punch is there for coverage but really only makes a dent in Corv/Slowbro and such after a SD. I opted for Adamant Nature for the boost in Attack after realizing that not only are there no real threats to Lucha being outsped at 335 base speed, but also everyone expects 368 base speed and will switch if they can't take a hit from it, providing a free SD read.

Mega-Garchomp

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Another helpful option at ANY point in the match. Your local electric immunity and general tank. Behind screens, setting up is a breeze with SD and Scale shot. After an SD, Scale Shot is really your best answer to Lando-T and other non-steel, flying types. Fire Fang is your answer to mons like Corv, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Scizor who you want gone immediately against your team. Earthquake OHKOs so much of the meta after an SD, even a lot without an SD.

Serperior

Serperior @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

Your friendly neighborhood passive setup sweeper. The power of Leaf Storm Contrary Serperior is not to be taken lightly. Once you see an opportunity to blow through an entire team with Leaf Storm, you take it. I like the Scarf to get my threats like Greninja with Ice Beam, Mega-Swamp in rain, Scarf Lando-T, and any other possible threats that would otherwise out-speed you. HP Ground is to get through the Great Wall of Heatran should Garchomp be down. Dragon Pulse is for Mega-Zard-X pretty much, not much else. Glare is just an excellent utility move.

Blacephalon

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Trick

Your other friendly neighborhood passive setup sweeper. This slot was originally filled by Kartana, but it couldn't put in the work on the team and synergized very poorly. Fire Blast could be substituted for Flamethrower, but I prefer a steady slingshot over a wobbly cannon. Shadow Ball for anything flamethrower won't cover. Psyshock is here to deal with Blissey/Chansey and other various mons. Trick provides helpful utility against stall mons.

Threat List:

Scarf Kyurem- The team is a little ice weak so if you aren't careful you'll get wiped
Battle Bond Gren- Usually not a massive problem, but you can get caught off with an Ice Beam and it'll mean trouble. Water Shuriken is a much bigger threat, especially to Blace
Hail Teams- Ice is probably this team's biggest weakness so fast Ice is even scarier
Heatran- this can wall the team pretty hard if you play like a moron, you have many answers to it so use them.​

Last edited:
Cool team dude
I`d suggest changing zapdos to a dual screens tapu koko and changing your hawlucha`s set to a substitute electric seed set
Hawlucha has nice bulk with screens and a seed boost
And maybe add stone edge on ur chomp to get rid of zapdos, but I`m not so sure about that
Oh yea btw, ur also gonna wanna replace one of ur mons with a suicide lead like excadrill or lando-t
U could also replace ur blaceph with volcarona since HO appreciates set up sweepers more than scarfers

Cool team dude
I`d suggest changing zapdos to a dual screens tapu koko and changing your hawlucha`s set to a substitute electric seed set
Hawlucha has nice bulk with screens and a seed boost
And maybe add stone edge on ur chomp to get rid of zapdos, but I`m not so sure about that
Oh yea btw, ur also gonna wanna replace one of ur mons with a suicide lead like excadrill or lando-t
U could also replace ur blaceph with volcarona since HO appreciates set up sweepers more than scarfers
Good suggestions, one problem is that Tapu Koko prevents sleep with Electric Terrain making the featured pokemon useless for a large portion of the match. That's what it was before Zapdos.

Good suggestions, one problem is that Tapu Koko prevents sleep with Electric Terrain making the featured pokemon useless for a large portion of the match. That's what it was before Zapdos.
Ahh ic ic
honestly i`m not so sure about lucha on the team since it stacks Ice weaknesses with chomp, serp and toge, a fairy weakness with chomp, and an electric weakness with toge
buttt it does improve your odds of winning against offense and weather, so idk

btw, idt zap is the best call for a screens setter
Maybe replace it with grimm for a priority taunt and twave
Or regieleki for rapid spin and explosion
But the zap set might make do so idk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)