Resource DOU C&C Reservations Thread [READ POST #21]

Memoric

quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
WELCOME TO DOU C&C!

Important Resource Threads
Rules and Notes:
  • You may reserve only one analysis at a time. If you want to reserve more, run it by me or MajorBowman first, since we want to be sure that everyone who wants to gets a chance to try their hand at writing analyses.
    • Post here to reserve an analysis, and if the Pokemon in question requires approval, either MajorBowman or I will like your post + edit in an affirmation that you have the go-ahead to write the skeleton. To know what Pokemon require approval, read the section on available analyses below.
    • If you are a non-badgeholder, you will need approval to write an analysis on any Pokemon. Someone from the QC team should like your post to indicate approval. Badgeholders are free to go ahead with the writing process upon reservation (provided the Pokemon they are reserving doesn't need specific approval itself).
    • The approval on specific Pokemon is separate from the approval to write as non-badgeholders.
  • Don't edit your posts in this thread. Post again if you have to make an update, even if you have to double or triple post.
  • Analyses showing minimal activity can and will be re-assigned.
Deadlines:
  • You have 1 week to post a completed skeleton after you reserve it.
    • NOTE: After posting the reservation, please post the WIP thread immediately, before writing up the skeleton. This is so we can keep the analysis index up to date. It can include a lame joke, funny/cute picture of the Pokemon, or whatever, as long as the thread gets posted!
  • You have 5 days to implement any QC member's check after they post it.
  • You have 3 days to implement GP checks.
  • If you have any special reasons why you cannot make a certain deadline, just state so on the thread or DM me or MajorBowman and you should be fine.
If you're reserving an analysis that requires approval, please wait for me (Memoric) or MajorBowman to like your reservation post before starting out on working on the analysis. As much as possible, we don't want you to waste your time on working an analysis when we're not going to approve your reservation. By doing it this way, the process of approving reservations is much more consistent and avoids any miscommunication. If you want to know why I'm not approving, feel free to ask me privately!

If you're reserving an analysis that has regular priority, feel free to start working on it as soon as you reserve it! You don't have to wait on any of us!

Anyone who fails to meet deadlines opens the door for their work to be picked up by anyone else who wants the analysis. Punishments will typically be warnings or temporarily not being allowed to write anything, but for more egregious offenses like dropping an analysis for no good reason or refusing to listen to QC / GP members could lead to an infraction.

~~~~~​

Now that C&C work on DOU Analyses is now back in session, we are going to take it slow and work our way from the top. For now, we are only doing Pokemon that are on Tiers 1 and 2 of the viability rankings as of writing. Writing on Tier 1 Pokemon requires you to be vetted by the QC team.

Tier 2
  • Heatran
  • Zeraora
Tier 3
  • Tapu Lele
Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3

Last edited:
First-timer here! I have a Clefairy set I'd like to write about. It's been working well in OU so far. Could I write one up for Clefairy?

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending Smogon Snake Draft Champion
With the recent Dynamax ban, we're actually going to be closing down reservations and writing for the time being to give the metagame a chance to settle and people a chance to form educated opinions. That way we're more likely to be putting up lasting, quality analyses.

Memoric

quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
[DOU C&C: BACK IN BUSINESS]

That's right, we are now finally back on track with the analysis writing process for the SS Doubles OverUsed metagame! After what can be considered to be quite a while, we are now at a point where we can get to working on analyses again.

For now, we are making available for reservation only the Pokemon in Tiers 1 and 2 in the DOU Viability Rankings as of writing.

We are rolling with a new analysis format, so be sure to check out the thread on it here! Prospective writers, please take note!

Please make sure to read the OP of this thread to read up on the policy on the analysis process! In particular, please take note that non-badgeholders need approval to write on any one Pokemon. In addition, people who want to write on Tier 1 Pokemon have to be vetted by the QC team.

Last but not the least, please take note of the DOU QC team in this grand return. The DOU QC team is headed by myself and MajorBowman, and along with us are Yoda2798 and zeefable, the latter a new addition to the team! To be updated with the members of the DOU QC team at any time, refer to this thread here.

That's pretty much it! Let's get to work everyone, we have a lot ahead of ourselves here :bloblul:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)