Doubles DOU Milotic

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Hypnosis
- Coil
- Recover

Milotic makes for quite the competitive choice in DOU, as both a dangerous wincon and a solid answer to top metagame threats! With both Coil and Hypnosis, Milotic can become an impenetrable wall capable of neutralizing foes on demand, giving its team free turns to work with. Its Water typing and respectable Defense, meanwhile, let it handily check common foes in Incineroar, Melmetal, and Excadrill; Milotic's Competitive ability even scares Incineroar from coming onto the field in fear of giving Milotic a boost. Entry hazards pair well with how Milotic can force switches; Mew is a stellar teammate, as it can set Stealth Rock as well as provide additional support in Pollen Puff healing. Watch out, though, as Milotic needs setup to get going and can find itself overwhelmed in faster-paced games, making offensive, aggressive teammates recommended. Coil boosts are also necessary for Milotic to reach its full potential, with Hypnosis still inaccurate with just a +1 boost to accuracy.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
"Milotic makes for quite the competitive choice in DOU" I hate you lmao
  • I'd mention something about the importance of having some offensive pressure, since Milo offers almost none.
  • "or else Milotic can punish it with a +2 Special Attack raise to itself" seems pretty clunky to me, there might be a way to say this quicker. With spotlights I usually leave out the obvious info in favor of brevity. Maybe something like "for fear of (Intimidate) giving Milotic a boost"?
  • This is a bit more nitpicky, but I don't really think of Hypnosis as contributing to the 'battle of attrition' side; to me its primary benefit is giving free turns to Milo's ally.
QC 1/1 but feel free to PM me on Discord about the above

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Muddy Water
- Hypnosis
- Coil
- Recover

Milotic makes for quite the competitive choice in DOU, as both a dangerous wincon and a solid answer to top metagame threats! With both Coil and Hypnosis, Milotic can become an impenetrable wall capable of neutralizing foes on demand, giving its team free turns to work with. Its Water typing (RH) and respectable Defense, meanwhile, lets let it handily check common foes in Incineroar, Melmetal, and Excadrill; Milotic's Competitive ability even scares Incineroar from coming onto the field in fear of giving Milotic a boost. Entry hazards pair well with how Milotic can force switches; Mew is a stellar teammate, (AC) as it can set Stealth Rock as well as provide additional support in Pollen Puff healing. Watch out, though, as Milotic needs set-up setup to get going and can find itself overwhelmed in faster-paced games, making offensive, aggressive teammates recommended. Coil boosts are also necessary for Milotic to reach its full potential, with Hypnosis still inaccurate with just a +1 boost to accuracy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)