Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Trick Room / Stealth Rock
- Protect

Necrozma has found viability as both a Stealth Rock and Trick Room setter. Its great Ground- and Psychic-type coverage in Earth Power and Photon Geyser helps versus common Pokemon such as Melmetal, Incineroar, Hitmontop, and Terrakion. Prism Armor in tandem with Weakness Policy makes Necrozma one of the best offensive Trick Room users in the tier. If you're not a fan of Trick Room, Stealth Rock helps chip down the many Fire-types in Charizard and Incineroar. What you want to pair Necrozma with depends on your team composition. Slower Pokemon such as Melmetal appreciate its Trick Room, and Melmetal also helps it with Dark-types such as Tyranitar and Grimmsnarl. Faster builds appreciate the Stealth Rock it sets chipping down common Fire-types such as Charizard and Incineroar. Incineroar is a great partner that can work with both variants, facilitating its setup with Fake Out and helping trigger its Weakness Policy with U-turn.

Last edited:

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
  • I wouldn't call Conkeldurr a common Pokemon, if you're looking for another Psychic weak I'd mention Terrakion
  • Rain is super uncommon and not very good, I wouldn't include it as a good partner for Necrozma
  • If you aren't running Trick Room, Necrozma has decent base speed that you could easily invest in to hit certain benchmarks
Work on these and I'll check again!

Edit: QC 1/1

Last edited:

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (RC) = Remove Comma
Sooo I'm noticing now that I'm not sure if this ever received a proper QC check, as I originally saw the (GP 0/1) and assumed this was ready for GP. Is this in the GP stage or not?... I am posting my check anyways since I did it and I don't want it to go to waste, but make sure that QC has actually given you their approval.

:ss/necrozma:
Modest Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Protect

Necrozma, dropping recently with the release of Pokemon Home, has found viability as both a Stealth Rocker Stealth Rock and a Trick Room setter. It's Its great Ground- and Psychic-type coverage in Earth Power and Photon Geyser helps versus common Pokemon such as Melmetal, Incineroar, Hitmontop, and Terrakion. Prism Armor in tandem with Weakness Policy makes Necrozma one of the best offensive Dynamax users in the tier, especially with speed control in Trick Room. If you’re you're (Use ASCII apostrophes, not the curly ones) not a fan of Trick Room, Stealth Rock helps chip down the many Fire-types in Charizard and Incineroar. What you want to pair Necrozma with depends on your team composition. Slower Pokemon, (RC) such as Melmetal, (RC) appreciate its Trick Room, along with helping it with Dark-types such as Tyranitar and Grimmsnarl. Faster builds appreciate its Stealth Rock’s ability to chip the Stealth Rock it sets chipping down common Fire-types such as Charizard and Incineroar. Incineroar is a great partner that can work in both modes of play, facilitating its setup with Fake Out and helping proc its Weakness Policy with U-Turn U-turn.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
:ss/necrozma:
Modest Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Protect

Necrozma has found viability as both a Stealth Rock and Trick Room setter. Its great Ground- and Psychic-type coverage in Earth Power and Photon Geyser helps versus common Pokemon such as Melmetal, Incineroar, Hitmontop, and Terrakion. Prism Armor in tandem with Weakness Policy makes Necrozma one of the best offensive Trick Room users in the tier. If you're not a fan of Trick Room, Stealth Rock helps chip down the many Fire-types in Charizard and Incineroar. What you want to pair Necrozma with depends on your team composition. Slower Pokemon such as Melmetal appreciate its Trick Room, along with helping and Melmetal also helps it with Dark-types such as Tyranitar and Grimmsnarl. Faster builds appreciate the Stealth Rock it sets chipping down common Fire-types such as Charizard and Incineroar. Incineroar is a great partner that can work in both modes of play with both variants, facilitating its setup with Fake Out and helping proc trigger its Weakness Policy with U-turn.

colors self-explanatory
gp 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)