Project DOU Teambuilding Competition v3 Week 23 (Randpokes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
wow i suck at this lmfao
1658796556645.png

Since it was a tie, i used the /pick command on showdown and monothmallard wins! Congrats!

This week's pokemon is Tsareena

:xy/tsareena:

The main benefit of tsareena is queenly majesty, which blocks all priority moves when tsareena is on the field. Discouraging fake out and grassy glide in a tier where rillaboom is on 50% of teams is great for obvious reasons. It also has good coverage with triple axel and high jump kick as well as good support moves like taunt and feint. People's opinions on tsareena seem pretty mixed from what i can tell, so this should be fun :)

Building ends on July 31st and voting on the 33rd

Noelle

Trying my best
[Hyperlink Blocked]

Mystic Water Dracovish Sand
:dracovish: :tyranitar: :heatran: :mew: :tsareena: :zeraora:
https://pokepast.es/306d203d61b39ce0

I built this sometime last year iirc, and it's still one of my favorite teams now after no changes. Starting with vish and ttar, they're both running fairly uncommon sets rn (imo mystic water sub vish and band ttar are their best respective sets, sub vish is great for punishing switches which vish is very good at forcing bc funny fish move go brrr, and band ttar does so much damage and stone edge is extremely hard to switch into.) Heatran is the third pokemon bc vish and ttar both struggle to break rilla. It's running life orb flash cannon for the diancie matchup, which was also fairly uncommon when i built this but not unheard of. Mew improves a ton of matchups and provides tailwind support for ttar and heatran. Tsareena deters fake out which further helps with the rillaboom matchup and av lets it beat stuff like naga 1v1 which is cool. this spread is also great, i evd it to kill pult with triple axel and live incineroar's flare blitz but the extra physical bulk lets it stick around for much longer which is good because tsareena really just needs to be alive to do its job. Zeraora's fast taunt is great into a ton of matchups, and ebelt zera does a surprising amount of damage which can catch a lot of people off guard. Overall this team is really solid into pretty much everything, but it does have a ton of moves that can miss so use at your own risk :D
Replay vs Actuarily: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1585990726

Replay vs Yellow Paint: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1592855257 aaron zheng moment

https://pokepast.es/312fbd807419c8f7

This hard Trick Room team with White Herb Tsareena, Iron Defense Body Press Bronzong and AV Incineroar is an unorthodox way of using hard trick room The main idea of the team was an unkillable Calm Mind Fini next to Tsareena support so Fini would not get Faked Out or Grassy Glided, then next to Screens from Grimmsnarl and Intimidate spam with Incineroar, the support it provides to Tapu Fini is exponential. Bronzong and Porygon 2 as Trick Room sett ers were chosen because Porygon 2 with Screens dies to nearly nothing barring crits, and as most Taunt users are Prankster Pokemon, Tsareena defends against those very well too. The Bronzong is able to be the defensive wall for the team, and be a great Mon for an endgame once you eliminate all Special Attackers.

Double WP Bulldoze Bronzong

:Bronzong: :Volcanion: :Tapu Koko: :Tsareena: :Scrafty: :Diancie:
https://pokepast.es/3b3029378f881e75

The team is built around utilizing Bulldoze Bronzong to set TR then activate either Diancie or Volcanion’s Weakness Policy. Scrafty is also an option to set WP on diancie with grass knot. Koko is there firstly as a sleep blocker, but also as a fast pivot that can use eerie impulse to slow down fast attackers that would otherwise threaten Diancie and Volcanion. Lastly Tsareeena brings the team together, allowing your booster attackers to make the most of their TR turns by blocking priority Fake Outs and also by using feint to block protects - both of which are common methods to stall out TR turns. This is a really fun team to ladder with, so give it a shot.

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
Congrats to Actuarily for winning!

I would usually announce the next week or something here, but I'm starting school again so I won't be able to give this a ton of attention so unless it's updating the OP or announcing voting/winners I'm pretty much on hiatus for the time being (might come back once this gets goingi SV though so)

Noelle

Trying my best
This week's pokemon is Chansey!

:xy/chansey:

Chansey has been viable since the creation of dou due to its raw stats alone when combined with eviolite allowing it to become quite the persistent pink blob, its special bulk surpassing even the likes of Porygon2 and Tyranitar in sand. It's varied movepool has also contributed to its repeated success, with moves like Heal Pulse, Stealth Rock, Seismic Toss, Toxic, and even Ally Switch (if you want to watch the world burn). It's seen a good amount of use in osdt, so i think it's a good choice for the next week of the teambuiilding competition. Good luck, have Chansey :D

Building will last until the 25th and Voting will end on the 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)