DOU WCoP suspended due to Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i was going to cancel anime vr this yr because:
1) i don't want to deal with people who make fun of ppl of anime because "it looks weird" and then turn around and binge 3 seasons of big mouth
2) i don't want to deal w/ self-deprecating weebs who think its funny to make posts like "maybe we need a "no weebs allowed" sign" while you're just reinforcing the wall between 'normal' society and ppl who just like a form of film. you contribute to the hate, and don't tell me it's ironic or 'not that hurtful' when Stratos literally quit because he thought the stigma strongly affected him socially. fuck u take some pride in ur anime pfps
3) everybody died, but just to spite 1 & 2 here's the list:

Tier 1
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ping Pong the Animation
3-gatsu no Lion
The Tatami Galaxy
FLCL
Spirited Away
Demon Slayer

Tier 2
Madoka Magica
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (Girl's Last Tour)
Mononoke Hime & much rest of the Ghibli repertoire (Spirited Away & Takahata films could be argued for tier 1)
Samurai Champloo / Cowboy Bebop
Miru Tights
Haikyuu!!
Kill la Kill
Precure franchise
Little Witch Academia
Symphogear

Tier 3
Monogatari series
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventures
New Game!
Mob Psycho 100 S1
Made in Abyss
Steins;Gate
Demon Slayer
Your Name
The Idolm@ster
Attack on Titan

Tier 4
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Boku no Hero Academia
One Punch Man S1
Fate/Zero
Bleach

Tier DaAwesomeDude1
Shokugeki no Souma
Keijo!!!
KonoSuba
Kakegurui
Eromanga-sensei, Oreimo, Kiss x Sis, Imouto Sae Ireba Ii. and whatever other siscon romcoms are out there
other ecchi romcoms
Sword Art Online
Oregairu and by extent Bunnygirl-senpai (the 'i am literally hachiman/azusawa' will be pissed off)

Tier 6
Elfen Lied
Goblin Slayer
No Game No Life
your favorite anime

Tier Koe no Katachi
A Silent Voice
the annual luckypiper posters who've never made a post in doubles except to shit post about an anime vr

dont discuss this list, fuck you

Last edited:

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Since MajorBowman unceremoniously took my captain signup post out back by the wood shed and gave it the ol' ruskie 2 barrel salute, I am posting it here to appeal to the masses as an esteemed captain of many semi-successful premier league team (singular).

Name: tennisace
Timezone: EST

Questionnaire:

1. If you were to create a new team for DPL, what would be its name and mascot? If you have artwork, please post it!

YAMSING YAMPERS, lead by our glorious mascot THOR THE CORGI

2. Why do you love DUU?

I've never lost a game of SS DUU. I've also never played a game of SS DUU but given my current win% it's impossible for me to lose. Given my current win% though it's also impossible for me to win. Impossible tier, DRU when??

3. Do you ever feel, like a plastic bag?

You mean like an empty husk? Filled once, serving a purpose elatedly, living out your life's dream, full of joy and devoid of fear? Then suddenly emptied, callously, having your heart and soul and gallbladder and spleen torn out of you, leaving you to be tossed aside in a dark side cabinet next to the brooms and dustpans, hoping some day, ONE DAY, to feel that high again, to feel wanted? No, can't say I do ever feel that.

4. Why should you be chosen to be a captain in DPL?

After the fifth skin graft, my doctor told me to find something else to do with my hands or they're going to remove them and donate them to starving children. I asked them why they couldn't just take a foot instead, but the doctor insisted "if you give those little shits a foot, they'll take a mile, and you're roughly 5,278 feet short for that". Fair point I suppose, and after last year's incident at the NYC marathon it's probably for the best. So I need to come up with a new way to keep the nasty little voices at bay, and since I'm banned from purchasing knitting needles at every Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnn's in a 300 mile radius due to an unfortunate misunderstabbing, it's either captain a DPL team or perfect my illusionary skills to simultaneously fool Penn & Teller and steal their wallets in the same trick. As captain, you can rest assured this season will not go nearly as well as the Tigers' did; Circus Maximus, Detroit, or Clemson. I communicate solely through the abstract concept of Discord instead of the computer program; if I need to make a subsitiute I start feeding the local pigeons laxitive infused breadcrumbs and hope that a chain of shitheads bring word through the grapevine. In conclusion, I am woefully unqualified to captain a DPL team and I'm really only posting this so I can get a small shred of joy back in my heart seeing that little corgi go round and round in my signature; a ray of sunshine in these dark days before we all die from CORVID-19 and the rest of the robotic ravens.

I hope this appeal will show MajorBowman the error of his ways and get him to please text me back, I know I took all the batteries out of the remotes and smoke detectors when I left but I swear I've changed :(

Last edited:
I don't appreciate you goblins (havens especially) having my name in your mouth. We all know I have the superior Anime taste, however even users like Bunnyy are allowed to have opinions however wrong they may be. Please don't tag me again.

Last edited:
give n1n1 a manager spot.

i have known n1n1 for a year now, and we became friends during my time on The Church last DPL. n1n1 is an enthusiastic teammate, an excellent player, and a mastermind when it comes to knowing who is good and who isn't in the doubles community. n1n1 did not pay me to make this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)