Other Double Battle Spot Doubles

I have team I would like to get rated, or get suggestions.

First is my MGar team:

Gengar@Gengarite
Ability: Cursed body/Shadow tag
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, rest HP
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond

Gengar is my mega of choice, as is fast, strong and with large movepool. I opted for more ofensive variant, as it suits my playstyle more. Sludge Bomb bombs all Tapus (pun intended) and put a sizeable dent in most other non-resists, Shadow Ball is here for steels (i am looking at you, Megagross!). As every non-scarfed Tapu (except Koko, and Koko isn´t usually a problem - you see why later) is slower then Gengar, and with the exception of Fini OHKOed (and Fini is 2KOed and can´t OHKO MGengar), it is great Tapu check. The last move is for situations where Gengar is on his last legs or there is poke who rest of my team would struggle with. Plenty of people are suprised by this move. I can´t count how many Ferrothorns who hoped to kill Gengar and stall rest of my team went from full health straight to hell with Gengar.
Problems: Scarf Lele, Scarf Lando, Garchomp, Tailwind

Latios@Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, rest HP
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Definitely most questionable of my team, and I am thinking about replacing him. But when he gets going, he gets going. His prime job is to switch on Landorus-T or Garchomp EQ and KO with Ice Beam, as well as killing Terrakion in the Terracot teams and helping to deal with Amoonguss. My moves are from the time he wore a Choice Specs. I tought about replacing T-bolt with Protect, but T-bolt is usefull. My item of choice (again, put intended) may be questionable, but in this meta I don´t want to be locked into one move. Sould Dew powers his Psychic and D-Meteor. Other moves don´t exactly need this, as Ice Beam is mostly used against quad-weak poke and T-bolt is here mainly for Heatran and the odd Milotic.
Problems: Tailwind, Specs´d Fini, Scarf Lele, MegaMum

Zapdos@Leftovers
Ability: Static
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Attack, rest Defense
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Roost
Oh, i love this guy, saved me so many times. I opted for maximizing his HP for bulk instead of speed, and boy did this pay off. I mean, he survived Ghost Z-Move from Aegislash with 17 HP! But he is there again as my Lando and Chomp check, as neither can OHKO him without Z-move. His role is to switch on attack (preferably resisted) and fire a strong attack next turn. He serves as sort of tank. First three moves are self-explanatory, the fourth helps him with stalling. Slow, but strong. I have another Zapdos with Static and the same EVs, but he doesn´t have HP Ice, instead he has Roar. I thing tough that HP Ice is more usefull.
Problems: getting flinch-haxed by Rock Slide, Scarf Lele

Breloom@Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, rest HP
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Protect
Definitely second best poke on my team. Puts things to sleep. End of story. Well, there is more to it than that. His Mach Punch helps against normal types (PorygonZ, P2, MegaMum, Smeargle, to name a few), Spore helps prevent a Trick room. Helps with the scarf Lele, as Lele fires off Psychic, he hangs on his Sash and Spores in return. LiliTork is dealt with in the same manner. He doesn´t care about Fini either, as he simply at most 2HKOes with Bullet Seed. Helps with Lando-T, as Lando can´t do much to him and he simply Spores him for the next poke to kill. Is also immune to Rage Powder and Spore, which helps when dealing with Amoongus. Also it´s part of the combo that deals with MegaMum. Very, very underrated in my opinion.
Problems: Cresselia (can Spore it, but can´t do much else to it), Koko

Bisharp@Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, rest HP
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Protect

At first glance you may ask: why Jolly over Adamant? Well, this helped me in the ORAS times, when with Jolly he was able to outspeed every Sylveon (bar Scarf, of course) and kill it. His moves are pretty standard and self-explanatory. Definitely very usefull, especially when he gets Defiant boost. Helps Breloom to deal with Trick Roomers (Cresselia, Porygon). His best trick tough is OKHOing Orangurus.
Problems: Cresselia (can´t OHKO it, so Cress is free to set up Trick Room), Garchomp, Landorus-T (needs to be at +2 Attack to OHKO it with Sucker Punch). Also with Breloom check Poli-Ludi, as Sucker and Mach Punch KOes Ludicolo.

Raichu@Electrium Z
Ability: Lightingrod
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, rest HP
- Protect
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Thunderbolt

Definitely my MVP. With the help of Breloom deals with MegaMum, and it´s also the reason why Koko isn´t problem for Gengar, as even Specs´d Dazzling Gleam from Koko is 2HKO on Raichu. Also works with MGar, as Encore+Shadow Tag means that opponent can´t protect, or he will have this mon neutralized for the rest of the match practically. Also helps Breloom with Smearlges or Togekisses, who would like to Fake out/Follow me while setting trick room with the second mon. With Breloom works on stopping Peli-Ludi, from Tailwinding. Protect may seem odd, but one of his roles is to prevent any electric attack, especially from koko, so he needs to stay alive as long as possible. Of course this means he can´t do nothing to Lando-T, Thundy-T or Chomp, but that´s what his teammates are for. Also helps to stop Scarf Lando with Bisharp, as he Fakes out and Bisharp KOes with Knock Off. Oh, you may wonder about the item. Well, two things. OHKOes Fini. OHKOes ZardY. Puts sizeable dent into everything else that doesn´t resist. And in electric terrain, it is some firepower.
Problems: Scarf Lele, Landorus-T, Garchomp, Trick Room

Problems of this team overall: Scarf Lele, Scarf Lando-T (three of my poke are weak to EQ, and all are OHKOed by Lando-T, Scarf means Gengar can´t set up Destiny Bond), Trick Room Cresselia, MegaSwampert (on rain teams), Tailwind Hydregion (can´t OHKO him, so he usually sets the Tailwind), Minimize Chansey+Guard Split Shuckle in Trick Room

Peaked: 1815

Wanted: Suggestions on improving team, maybe some speed control. If you suggest Latios or Zapdos get Tailwind, remember those are Tutor moves from ORAS, so can´t have them. I tried Scarfed Lando-T, and was quite good, but susceptible to Tailwind, Trick Room, Poli-or-Peli-Ludi, Amoongus and Ferrothorn. Now thinking about replacing Latios with Dakinium Z Hydreigon, as it OHKOs Cresselia. Need a way to stop Cresselia from setting Trick Room and Hydreigon from Tailwinding. Also something that can deal with scarf Lando, as Latios is OHKOed by U-Turn/Knock Off and Zapdos 2HKOed by Rock Slide (flinches)

Edit:

I got rid of Latios for Suicune. Figured I need support mon with speed control.

Suicune@Sitrus berry
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, rest split equally between defense and special defense
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Sheer Cold

This Suicune is another great catch of mine, as his IVs are 31/30/31/29/31/29. No need for hyper training, which makes me very happy. You may notice the strange EVs. His role is to be defensive monster, who can support his teammates, and boy did it pay off. Tailwind is self-explanatory, Scald is there for STAB and the burn chance, Icy Wind allows me to maintain speed control even when Taunted. Sheer Cold is for those instances when either situation is desperate or just using it off chance of catching something with it when Suicune doesn´t have other things to do. I don´t need to worry about Koko, as Raichu is effectively blocking all electric attacks, so he is free to set up Tailwind in it´s face. Had several battles with him, and he was awesome. In my last match I pitied my opponent. It was the endgame. On his side full HP Celesteela with +1 special defense (after killing my Bisharp with Flamethrower), with Lefties, on my side Seeded Suicune with very little HP and full HP Gengar. I mega evolved, used Shadow ball, hoping for the special defense drop. Chips little bit of HP from Celesteela, Suicune uses Sheer Cold, misses. Celesteela uses Leech Seed on Gengar, misses. Lefties + LS from Suicune heal half the damage caused by Shadow Ball. Next turn I go for the same attack, he Protects. Celesteela is almost fully healed. Suicune is on his last legs, next turn will be his last. Next turn, I use Shadow ball. Deals a little to Celesteela, no SpD drop. Suicune uses Sheer cold. It´s one-hit KO! I could imagine my opponent screaming in frustration. I mean he could outstall my Gengar pretty easily. He had it in the bag. But then Suicune came. To his credit, he didn´t ragequit, so I have the video saved. In other words, I love Suicune.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)