Monotype Double dance Landorus flying BO

Double dance Lando is a really fun sweeper. Landorus is fast enough to outspeed most scarfers after a rock polish and most offensive mons and chipped walls get murdered by EdgeQuake coverage from a +2 Landorus. As someone who will never use defensive Landorus in a million years, this is my favourite Landorus set by far and for my monotype team, I tried to make the best double dance Landorus team I could build.
:ss/zapdos-galar::ss/mantine::ss/dragonite::ss/thundurus-therian::ss/corviknight::ss/landorus-therian:
Team Link: https://pokepast.es/4b515d5f74e0b27f

:ss/zapdos-galar:
Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Blaze Kick
- U-turn

Galarian Zapdos is a very strong wallbreaker in mono flying. Banded close combat and brave bird can deal serious damage to a team's defensive core. I've messed around with scarfed Galarian Zapdos before and it also works as a valuable revenge killer, but for this team, I prefer stronger firepower to poke holes in the opponent's team so other pokemon can come in and finish the job. I don't find myself using the 3rd move much so I put blaze kick there because might as well.

:ss/mantine:
Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Roost

Mantine is used as a tank that can shut down set up sweepers with haze and cripple other tanks with toxic. I originally had defog over toxic, but Corviknight also runs defog and I can never get the right opportunity to defog with Mantine. It's also a decent way to beat rain. Mantine can tank water moves with water absorb then cripple them with toxic. Overall, it's a fun tank that can forego defog to better deal with tanks not immune to toxic.

:ss/dragonite:
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

I put Dragonite here because it's ability multiscale lets it tank the first hit and safely set up dragon dance. The bulky dragon dance set didn't work as well because it doesn't outspeed Tapu Koko after a dragon dance. Dragonite doesn't get OHKO'd by Tapu Koko and can threaten a kill in it with earthquake. Ice punch also improves your matchup against other mono flyings but dual wingbeat is always an option if you just want powerful stab.

:ss/thundurus-therian:
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic

I'm kind of conflicted whether I should run banded Galarian Zapdos and scarfed Thundurus or scarfed Galarian Zapdos and specs Thundurus. For now, I've decided on banded Galarian Zapdos and scarfed Thundurus but that could potentially change later. Focus miss is for stuff like Tyranitar and Ferrothorn, sludge wave is for fairies, while psychic is for bulky poisons like Nidoking or Amogus. No matter what item I run on Thundurus, it's still a mandatory flying type with a great electric immunity and even better coverage.
:ss/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

This team slot is where most people would run Celesteela. Celesteela is very good on mono flying, but I prefer Corviknight because it has an actual recovery move, it can pivot with u turn and access to defog allows Mantine to forego defog for a way to cripple walls with toxic. Rocky helmet can also punish Weavile's triple axel. I just think Corviknight is better for what my team wants to accomplish (and it's more fun than defensive celesteela anyway).

:ss/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

The star of the team. Most people tend to just see Landorus as a defensive tank and the only offensive sets are scarfed Lando and once in a blue moon you'll see swords dance Lando. Double dance Lando fixes the issue of swords dance Lando's not great speed, allowing it to outspeed most forms of speed control while dealing a ton of damage in return. EdgeQuake coverage helps against many matchups and it's one of my team's main win cons.​
:zapdos-galar:: Stomping Tantrum / Throat Chop / Thunderous Kick over Blaze Kick, Choice Scarf over Choice Band (if you're running specs thundurus)
:mantine:: Defog over Haze / Toxic
:dragonite:: Dual Wingbeat over Ice Punch
:thundurus-therian:: Grass Knot over Sludge Wave / Psychic, Choice Specs over Choice Scarf (if you're running scarfed gapdos)
:corviknight:: Leftovers over Rocky Helmet
If you've made it this far, thanks for reading! I could honestly use feedback on what I should change. Mainly, the items on Galarian Zapdos and Thundurus since I'm still torn on what fits the best. If you also have other feedback, feel free to suggest ways I can improve my team.

Hello from one Double Dance Landorus fan to another! The team looks pretty good but I have some ideas that might help make it better.

:Mantine:
First there is a small EV update. By changing the EVs to 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe you outspeed Adamant Azumarill so you can Haze away Belly Drum boosts since that can be a major threat to Flying. By changing the HP EVs to 248 it makes the final stat an odd number which means if you get Knocked Off, you only take 24% from SR when you switch in, instead of 25%. I’ll also mention that I wouldn’t ever drop Haze otherwise your team is extremely weak to opposing set up sweepers. You may want Defog more than Toxic depending on what sets the rest of the team uses and how much hazard chip they make take. Having two defoggers with different defensive bias’ is always good.

:Dragonite: -> :Moltres-Galar:
Dragonite is a little redundant in this team is two ways. First, the bulky DD set is built for Electric and Water but since you have Mantine that isn’t necessary. Second, with the coverage you’ve opted for (or even if you went DWB or Dragon Claw), Dragonite and Landorus cover similar things. Something that might help spread coverage and is (in my opinion) a staple on Flying is Moltres-Galar. With great stats and a wide variety of set options it’s completely unpredictable and can win games single handed. There are a ton of set options so feel free to take your pick for which ever you like best. There are even more set options than this as well.

:Thundurus-Therian:
There are 2 options here:
  1. :Choice Scarf: If you stick with Choice Scarf I’d add Volt Switch. It gives you amazing momentum and helps bring in your threats more easily to set up. You could drop Focus Blast (covered by both Zapdos and Moltres) or even Thunderbolt
  2. :Heavy-Duty Boots: Much like Moltres, Thundurus has a wide variety of set options. Nasty Plot is a popular one to take advantage of the great speed tier and large coverage. There are also more utility sets that’s feature Knock Off and/or Toxic (for opposing Electric immunities). Flying has a strong defensive back bone and can get away without a Choice Scarf user
:Corviknight:
I always love to see more people taking advantage of IV techs but to be honest you don’t need to go to 0. I use 16 IVs which allows me to keep some speed but under speed defensive Celesteela so you U-turn after they click Leech Seed. As you know Leftovers is a viable item option as well. Sometimes being that slow can be a hindrance when you are tanking and U-turning a lot and your health gets low so the passive recovery helps mitigate that a bit.

:Landorus-Therian:
Just a couple small notes here. Leftovers is great but if you find yourself struggling with status spammers (Burn or Toxic), Lum Berry is a great way to ensure you can set up with less risk. The other thing is that Landorus doesn’t need full speed, just enough to outpace Nidoking which affords you 48 free EVs you can dump into HP to help with some random rolls and possibly keep you alive a tiny bit better.

Here is the final team with my edits:
:Zapdos-Galar::Mantine::Moltres-Galar::Thundurus-Therian::Corviknight::Landorus-Therian:
Like I said though, there are plenty of set options for a couple of your team members so experiment and find what you like most! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or anything else.

Last edited:
Hello from one Double Dance Landorus fan to another! The team looks pretty good but I have some ideas that might help make it better.

:Mantine:
First there is a small EV update. By changing the EVs to 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe you outspeed Adamant Azumarill so you can Haze away Belly Drum boosts since that can be a major threat to Flying. By changing the HP EVs to 248 it makes the final stat an odd number which means if you get Knocked Off, you only take 24% from SR when you switch in, instead of 25%. I’ll also mention that I wouldn’t ever drop Haze otherwise your team is extremely weak to opposing set up sweepers. You may want Defog more than Toxic depending on what sets the rest of the team uses and how much hazard chip they make take. Having two defoggers with different defensive bias’ is always good.

:Dragonite: -> :Moltres-Galar:
Dragonite is a little redundant in this team is two ways. First, the bulky DD set is built for Electric and Water but since you have Mantine that isn’t necessary. Second, with the coverage you’ve opted for (or even if you went DWB or Dragon Claw), Dragonite and Landorus cover similar things. Something that might help spread coverage and is (in my opinion) a staple on Flying is Moltres-Galar. With great stats and a wide variety of set options it’s completely unpredictable and can win games single handed. There are a ton of set options so feel free to take your pick for which ever you like best. There are even more set options than this as well.

:Thundurus-Therian:
There are 2 options here:
  1. :Choice Scarf: If you stick with Choice Scarf I’d add Volt Switch. It gives you amazing momentum and helps bring in your threats more easily to set up. You could drop Focus Blast (covered by both Zapdos and Moltres) or even Thunderbolt
  2. :Heavy-Duty Boots: Much like Moltres, Thundurus has a wide variety of set options. Nasty Plot is a popular one to take advantage of the great speed tier and large coverage. There are also more utility sets that’s feature Knock Off and/or Toxic (for opposing Electric immunities). Flying has a strong defensive back bone and can get away without a Choice Scarf user
:Corviknight:
I always love to see more people taking advantage of IV techs but to be honest you don’t need to go to 0. I use 16 IVs which allows me to keep some speed but under speed defensive Celesteela so you U-turn after they click Leech Seed. As you know Leftovers is a viable item option as well. Sometimes being that slow can be a hindrance when you are tanking and U-turning a lot and your health gets low so the passive recovery helps mitigate that a bit.

:Landorus-Therian:
Just a couple small notes here. Leftovers is great but if you find yourself struggling with status spammers (Burn or Toxic), Lum Berry is a great way to ensure you can set up with less risk. The other thing is that Landorus doesn’t need full speed, just enough to outpace Nidoking which affords you 48 free EVs you can dump into HP to help with some random rolls and possibly keep you alive a tiny bit better.

Here is the final team with my edits:
:Zapdos-Galar::Mantine::Moltres-Galar::Thundurus-Therian::Corviknight::Landorus-Therian:
Like I said though, there are plenty of set options for a couple of your team members so experiment and find what you like most! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or anything else.
Quick question, what are the speed investments for the Moltres sets for? Also is it better ev my Landorus to outspeed sand rush Excadrill?

Quick question, what are the speed investments for the Moltres sets for? Also is it better ev my Landorus to outspeed sand rush Excadrill?
188 Spe puts Moltres at 263 Spe. This is faster than positive base 70s and at +2 Spe you are faster than positive Scarf base 110s like Latios.

216 Spe puts Moltres at 297 to be faster than Nidoking which is a big threat to Flying.

Yeah, going 303 or just max Spe for Sand Rush Excadrill is fine too.

188 Spe puts Moltres at 263 Spe. This is faster than positive base 70s and at +2 Spe you are faster than positive Scarf base 110s like Latios.

216 Spe puts Moltres at 297 to be faster than Nidoking which is a big threat to Flying.

Yeah, going 303 or just max Spe for Sand Rush Excadrill is fine too.
One more thing, what hit is the weakness policy Moltres set supposed to live with that spread?

One more thing, what hit is the weakness policy Moltres set supposed to live with that spread?
Actually that spread is for Screens Dark. This one would work better for Flying:
Code:
Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy 
Ability: Berserk 
EVs: 248 HP / 72 SpD / 188 Spe 
Calm Nature 
- Fiery Wrath 
- Hurricane 
- Agility 
- Nasty Plot
Spread breakdown:
  • 3KO from utility Clef Moonblast
  • 6.3% chance to die to Specs Koko TBolt (from full)
  • 12.5% chance to die to Specs Lele Moonblast (from full)
  • Lives both CC and Surging from CB Urshifu (from full)
  • Faster than positive base 70s with no boost
  • Faster than Scarf base 110s at +2 Spe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)