ORAS UU Double Dogz (Hit #1 on Ladder)

Double Dogz

Introduction
This team is composed of three water types, two fire, and one clump of grass. I wanted to make a two choice banded dogs viable in the uu meta. Turns out the water grass fire combo is one of the best things in the uu ladder. First RMT so if I'm doing something wrong please let me know!

Team

Dogs (Arcanine) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat

Arcanine: This dog was part of a gimick trying to replicate the power of Entei. It turned out pretty well as E speed hurts a lot and wild charge does 50% to a suicune. Close Combat is a nice moddle ground and allows me to one shot Def Empoleons. It also relieves me of a small snorlax weakness. Crunch may be added in the future due to my chandy weakness. In that case I might take out close combat as wild charge works wonders on this team. Intimidate is great as a middle ground between walls. Double espeed makes HO tremble!

Dogz (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Entei: Standard CB set that breaks through most things and unlike arcanine can take on fire types. Hes my fastest member on my team and helps a lot with choice specs chandy. It can also out speed jolly hera which makes it a great revenge killer. A lot of teams dont have solid answers to Entei making it able to burn swamperts and Hydregions allowing something to open up as a win condition. Flare is if I need to KO something. E speed is my savior as my entire team is pretty slow and bulk.

Weed (Tangrowth) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

Tangrowth: I put the dogs on my team and I knew i needed something to counter feraligatr and sallamence. Tangrowth has hp ice and leaf storm KOs ferg while being able to take a +2 ice punch from gatr. Regenerator is so useful as I can take hits, fire off a sleep powder, and switch out to get my health back. No turns are wasted but sometimes i get forced to switch. Knock off is great because i can always hurt something.

Fishes (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Slowking: I needed something special as a set up sweeper and can be able to take hits as well as status. Slowking was an obvious choice having regenerator, nice defenses, great typing and scald. It also can win a calm mind war with Suicune. I usually like to switch in arcanine into entei but when i fear the stone edge I choose Slowking. Its a nice middle ground that helps me read my opponent and allows me to make much safer plays.

Fish (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Empoleon: My team was looking very weak to mega pidgeot and I need hazards so I slapped on Empoleon. This has got to be my favorite competitive poke in UU because it has so many jobs to do and can come in on lots of common pokemon such as crobat, florges, and suicune. It has roar for suicune and snorlax. Scald is the best move in the game and I can't have mono attack without status. Hazards and hazard control are always awesome because I get a lot of free turns with empoleon.

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rain Dance

Swampert: I was looking tentacruel weak and I didnt have a mega slot yet so I chose swampert. It hits really hard and hits nearly everything. Rain dance is cool but I rarely get to use it effectively because usually my other team mates become win conditions before swampert gets it chance. Great offensive pressure and I love it as a lead as well.

Dogs (Arcanine) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat

Dogz (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Weed (Tangrowth) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

Fishes (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Fish (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rain Dance

I hope you enjoy the team. It takes some getting use to but the pay off is worth it. I have never lost a room tour match with it. If you have any critisms please share. Even though it hit number one it's not perfect. My biggest threat is chandelure. Better descriptions coming soon so admins please dont take down.

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Not gonna lie, this team looks extremely unique. I don't want to change up the substance too much, so I'll only pick at the basics.

First and foremost, you should replace Swampert with the standard Black Glasses Stealth Rock Krookodile lead. This'll will at the very least give you a the opportunity to pursuit trap a couple mons like Chandelure, which otherwise causes a huge problem for your team. Using Stealth Rock on Krook will let Empoleon have a free slot, using Ice Beam, Grass Knot, or even Yawn/Toxic as another support option. Lastsly, since Swampert isn't going to be using Rain Dance often (due to your two dogs), Krook is better as a faster and powerful STAB EQ Lead, with access to Pursuit on the good matchup. This also retains Knock Off for your team, which helps in every capacity. Another option is using Stone Edge instead of Pursuit in order to retain the ability to take on Mega Aero. In general, however, having another Intimidate user will help this team. Another option instead of Krook is using Choice Scarf Salamence, which takes away some Shaymin pressure from your team (YES I SAID SHAYMIN - LO SET OUTSPEEDS YOUR WHOLE TEAM) from the clutch Seed Flare + Earth Power combo. Moxie Outrage will definitely assist in cleaning up.

The Tangrowth set looks a little odd. It seems likes it's better off running AV versus defense, but at the very least, you'll want to fit leech or giga drain on there somewhere. In general, however, Roserade or Amoonguss are definitely superior options. Amoonguss is better if you want defensive pressure, and it'll also immensely help against any choice locked fighting type move from Pokemon such as Mienshao, Hera, Machamp, etc.

Get rid of Slowking's Attack IVs.

Wanka

a suh
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yea to piggy back on kink I find it kind of weird that you have rain dance on pert with two choice banded fire types. If you really do not want to switch pert out I would at least put rocks on it to free up a slot for empoleon so it can run beam which is always nice to have. That being said though krookodile is a very good option for swamperts slot, especially the pursuit set which can take care of chandelure in a pinch.

Otherwise its a pretty original team that seems unorthodox but obviously works well so kudos for that, thats all I got n_n.

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Not gonna lie, this team looks extremely unique. I don't want to change up the substance too much, so I'll only pick at the basics.

First and foremost, you should replace Swampert with the standard Black Glasses Stealth Rock Krookodile lead. This'll will at the very least give you a the opportunity to pursuit trap a couple mons like Chandelure, which otherwise causes a huge problem for your team. Using Stealth Rock on Krook will let Empoleon have a free slot, using Ice Beam, Grass Knot, or even Yawn/Toxic as another support option. Lastsly, since Swampert isn't going to be using Rain Dance often (due to your two dogs), Krook is better as a faster and powerful STAB EQ Lead, with access to Pursuit on the good matchup. This also retains Knock Off for your team, which helps in every capacity. Another option is using Stone Edge instead of Pursuit in order to retain the ability to take on Mega Aero. In general, however, having another Intimidate user will help this team. Another option instead of Krook is using Choice Scarf Salamence, which takes away some Shaymin pressure from your team (YES I SAID SHAYMIN - LO SET OUTSPEEDS YOUR WHOLE TEAM) from the clutch Seed Flare + Earth Power combo. Moxie Outrage will definitely assist in cleaning up.

The Tangrowth set looks a little odd. It seems likes it's better off running AV versus defense, but at the very least, you'll want to fit leech or giga drain on there somewhere. In general, however, Roserade or Amoonguss are definitely superior options. Amoonguss is better if you want defensive pressure, and it'll also immensely help against any choice locked fighting type move from Pokemon such as Mienshao, Hera, Machamp, etc.

Get rid of Slowking's Attack IVs.
Great stuff. I like the idea of Krook replacing swampert as it tends to be the sixth man. That eliminates some chandy pressure as well as gives my empoleon grass knot as aura sphere blastoise is a threat to my team.

It may seem wierd to run rain dance with entei and arcanine but I never use rain dance unless im sweeping because that should be the only time to use rain dance. The sweep comes late game after my opponents are widdled. At this point if my dogs are still alive, they will be using e speed over fire move to clean up. Ive never ran into a rain dance fire stab problem once in my 150 battles with this team.

Im ganna have to dissagree with changing anything with tangrowth. Running leaf storm over gigdrain means i can one shot ferg guarenteeing a solid switch in at full health. I like knock off and powerful attacks too much to relace it with amoongus. Sleep powder misses are unfortunate but I dont think its ever cost me a game. AV would be silly as it would go against why I chose tangrowth in the first place; counters ferg and checks salamence.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)