SS UU Double Fairies with SpdefMence

(I'll start with the importable bc I know that's why ur here) https://pokepast.es/f797da855106fc50

Ok so building this team I just wanted to make something that would do well against the meta without being extreme and dipping into lower tiers. With Chansey-Quagsire-Skarmory cores all the rage now, A pokemon that can beat all 3 is mandatory (in my opinion) and most of the mon on my team can handle at least one.

Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Mystical Fire
- Psychic
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave

Starting off, I really like using Hat, and i find it invaluable on this team. Magic Bounce is obviously the biggest drag towards Hat, but it has other qualities that are really nice as well. It's 57/95/108 bulk is surprisingly hard to OHKO without a stab super-effective move. It's a great abuser of twave, as offensive threats will often switch into hat like Scizor, Bisharp, Bulu, Victini and some defensive pieces like Tentacruel and hazards Niheligo. All of these mon get crippled on the switch, and all of them besides Victini take super-effective damage from Hat's offensive moves. Aromatherapy is an extremely underrated option in my opinion, as the rest of the team doesn't like chip, and the aforementioned stall core loves their toxic. Hat also deters hazards dimply by being on your team. Having Magic Bounce will influence the opponent's decision when clicking rocks, as removal I've found is hard in this tier where everything can switch in on Defog. I'd rather hav Hat than a better psychic on this team tbh.

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Draining Kiss

Primarina is, in my opinion, the best special attacking cleaner in the tier. Max defense prim with it's great special defense stat of 116 makes it very bulky, and with the new addition of Draining Kiss this gen it's longevity goes through the roof behind a sub, getting health off of even mon like av Tangrowth. Prim is great to clean up late game when mon like Rotom, Tentacruel and Tapu Bulu have been removed. It also greatly appreciates the twaves that Hatterene can throw out during a game, as Chansey gets pretty low by late game if it's running a cleric move at all. Setting up Calm Minds is actually pretty easy behind a sub because once you get to plus 1 Spdef not much can hurt you. Plus 1 scald deals really good damage to most of the tier with Tentacruel being the 1 mon that consistently walls this thing. After a plus 2 or 3, you can pretty much just click moves, as with the added recover of Draining Kiss, with threats removed Prim does not die. You do have to be careful to try to not bring out prim until you are confident you can sweep with it, as being below about 80% puts it in a not good position when faced with hard hitters from either side. Otherwise, it's amazing.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Krook in my opinion is the best pokemon in the tier. It really only has two sets, this one and the bulky leftys one, but that doesn't mean it's not good. The scarf set is absolutely amazing, as it can completely sweep an unprepared team with just a little bit of chip with just Knock Off. Forcing a mon out into SR is a great bluff as most common wallbreakers won't think about the possibility that Krook is scarfed until they see otherwise. CC is really only for Chansey, as with a scarf you can't exactly Knock into EQ, so CC is your best bet if you know you're going to hit it. Otherwise, there isn't really much to say about Krook, although because it's scarfed you do need a bit more chip than Prim does, so be cautious with that.

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 156 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Roost

Now for my absolute favorite competitive set ever. Mence is so good at baiting out walls to get free Wishes and Roosts on, and because Rotom-H is super popular and often the go-to Mence switch before it sets up DD, it can (try to) land a nasty Hydro Pump. Physically defensive Celesteela also takes about 45% from Fire Blast on the switch, and is good as scouting what kind of set it is. The speed is to ensure that it outspeeds adamant Bisharp, most Nidoqueen, most Rotom and (the albeit rare) offensive Grimmsnarl. Wish support is greatly appreciated on this team, with Rotom and Hat often being the recipients. Because of those two's low HP stats, the HP investment really shows as they get consistently 75% health recovery (you shouldn't let them get that low bc of the reliance on wish and leftys, but the number is impressive and it's good to know just in case). With the Spdef investment and Intimidate, Mence becomes pretty hard to take down, especially with instant recovery in Roost. Newer players looking for teams here might find it redundant to use two healing moves on the same pokemon, but Wish is never really used to heal Mence itself, and the instant recovery and the loss of flying type really helps Mence's defensive capability.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab
- Quick Attack

Terrakion is the quintessential fighting type in this tier. This thing with a choice band packs quite a punch, and stab rock coverage is amazing. Poison Jab is great for fairies like Bulu, Primarina and Hatterene, and Quick Attack is nice for picking off faster frail threats. Close Combat is clicked almost all of the time unless it's resisted, and even resists like the fairies mentioned above need to be invested significantly to not be put into Krook range. The lack of even a single ghost in the tier makes CC even more dangerous, as many teams lacking good responses will find themselves easily chipped down my CC and Rock Slide. This spot was originally a Conkeldurr, but i found that the speed makes so much of a difference even with the myriad of weaknesses that come with the rock typing. Terrak has a much easier time dealing damage with the great 108 speed stat, and it's legendary stats give it some decent bulk as well with 91/90/90. With the trouble that this team has with Bisharp, something that doesn't mind losing it's item and gets a boost from Knock Off is a great quality as well.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Rotom Heat is such an amazing pokemon. Fire-electric typing is so amazing with levitate and great stats to boot. The semistall teams that plague the UU tier absolutely despise being tricked specs, and throwing out Volt Switches and Overheats never hurts. It's defensive stats are great, with a very solid 50/107/107 that lets it take most moves pretty comfortably. It's a great recipient of Mence's Wish, as it lacks recovery, and it's pivoting potential with that and Trick and Volt Switch is great. The lack of boots can hurt, as it is the team's only form of hazard removal, but with the aforementioned pivoting potential finding opportunities to remove rocks and reflect them back with Hat isn't as hard as it sounds. It's a great balance mon that fits on most teams, and this one specifically helps tie the team's defensive core together even though it lacks significant types like steel.

I'm not that good so I've only peaked at about 1600, but hopefully somebody can take this team higher than I did. Thanks for reading!

(EDIT: YES I KNOW TERRAK IS NOW BANNED YOU CAN JUST REPLACE IT WITH ANY CONK SET WITH MACH PUNCH!!)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)