SS RU Double LegenDogs (Peaked #1)

IMG_20220331_165545.jpg
INTRODUCTION:

After being out of the game for a couple of years, i returned last year, playing some tournaments with the community,
one of the last was the french premier league where i had to play RU, a tier that was new to me (except for some randoms game i played before the first DLC), so after some games i started to enjoy the tier and doing my own teams,

This was one special for me because it was the team i use to win finals, a balance around Suicune.
AT A GLANCE:

:suicune: :entei: :weezing_galar: :dhelmise: :umbreon: :rhyperior:

TEAMBUILD PROCESS:

:suicune:
As i told, i wanted to do the team around Suicune

:suicune: :weezing_galar:
I always found how hard to check are mons such as Obstagoon or Heracross, and Suicune is very hard to switch into, but bulky waters with Water Absorb (Namely Seismitoad/Gastrodon/Vaporeon) are a cold check for cune so i found in Toxic Spikes WeezingG the perfect partner

:suicune: :weezing_galar: :entei:
Entei share with Suicune the mentioned counters, so Toxic Entei can lure them for when Toxic Spikes are not on field/they carry HDB, also Entei brings wallbreaker support for the team as well as a nice speed control and priority move

:suicune: :weezing_galar: :entei: :umbreon:
Umbreon is a nice mon i love to use cause it checks a lot of dangerous sweepers, namely Polteageist, Flygon, Metagross, Chandelure or Nidoqueen, also it forms a nice defensive core with Weezing, providing a lot of value with its wishpassing ability as well as being the cleric of the team.

:suicune: :weezing_galar: :entei: :umbreon: :rhyperior:
Its impossible to play RU without a ground mon to check the 365723 electric mons of the tier, Rhyperior shuffer a lot from EnergyBall / Scald / Surf that Raikou / Xurkitree / Heliolisk have, but i need Rhyperior because he is the best for cheking Toxtricity, a the only electric type that can actually 2HKO Umbreon, as well as fire types such as Darmanitan. Also Rhyperior can bring Toxic wich is very valuable for Suicune.

:suicune: :weezing_galar: :entei: :umbreon: :rhyperior: :Dhelmise:
i choose Dhelmise because i found him the best rapid spinner for the team, making a FGW core, i didnt want to use Defog because it take out the Toxic Spikes i want to keep always, and thanks to his type, he is a nice Ground/Fight moves resist, as well as countering the other electric Mons that are not Toxtricity

SETS

Item: Leftovers
252 HP 40 Def 216 Speed
Timid (-Atk, + Spd)
Pressure

-Scald
-Substitute
-Protect
-Calm Mind

Explanation: Nothing much i can explain you that you will find on his article, Suicune is a monster, he can PP stall out the majority of the tier, bulky enought to survive hits and after a couple of boost being a monster.
Is the totem of the team and has to be played with warning, having Umbreon cleric allow you to send him on Scalds from the like of Milotic and proceed to set up, you will find a lot of opportunities to set up with it thanks to his several bulk and nice speed.

EVS and Nature: 216 speed Timid reachs 286, enought to outspeed 80+ such as Gardevoir or Chandelure, max HP for create 101HP subs so Seismic Toss Registeel wont break you, the rest for physical bulk.

Item: Rocky Helmet
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.Def
Bold Nature (-atk, +def)
Neutralizing Gas

-Strange Steam
-Toxic Spikes
-Pain Split
-Corrosive Gas

Explanation: Weezing-Galar is the physical wall of the team, countering a big part of the physical threat list of the tier, also he has to set up Toxic Spikes for allow Suicune to get pass his counters with ease,
Corrosive Gas is an awesome move, getting ride off HDB for the likes of Gastrodon or Vaporeon that want to sponge a posible Will O Wisp, as well as Leftovers on the like of Steelix, Pain Split for recovery and Strange Steam for atacking, keeping at bay Flygon or Sharpedo among others.
Rocky Helmet because Weezing is the Knock Off absorber of the team and also makes Heracross and Obstagoon shuffer a lot of damage if they go with Facade.

Evs and Nature: Nothing to add here, increase physical bulk as much as u can.

Item: Heavy Duty Boots
252 Atk. 4 Def. 252 Speed
Jolly (-Sp.Atk, + Speed)
Pressure

-Sacred Fire
-Stone Edge
-Extreme Speed
-Toxic

Explanation: Entei is the best partner for Suicune to wear down its checks, because Sacred Fire is a nuke that burns opponent, bring the bulky water is one of the best answer for him, so having Vaporeon / Seismitoad / Gastrodon etc intoxicated allows Suicune to have the late game sweep, also Extreme Speed allows entei to RK weakened opponents.
I prefer HDB over CB because Entei isnt supposed to be a wallbreaker at all, so you will prefer the HDB versatility to consistenly pressure with Entei, but also he can lure the CB, using Stone Edge on the like of Togekiss / Noivern / Chandelure, and, if opponent decides to switch into the Bulky Water, proceed to Toxic him, if you know / can deduce your rival hasnt got cleric, sacrifice Entei for Toxic them is mandatory (99% of the times)

Nature and Evs: Maximizing Atk and Speed are mandatory, to outspeed 95+ and low (the majority of the tier) and make as much damage as possible.

252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Sp.Def
Calm Nature (-atk, +sp.def)
Synchronise

-Foul Play
-Wish
-Protect
-Heal Bell

Explanation: Since Bw, this has been the Umbreon bread and butter set and there is little i can add to him: Umbreon is a pain in the ass if you havent got a strong Megahorn / Close Combat to destroy him Wish allows Umbreon to constantely heal Rhyperior / Entei / Weezing as well as Heal Bell heal scald burns and random Toxics,
Foul Play is an awesome move to keep Flygon as well as other physical attackers outside of the field

Evs and Nature: Maximum Special defense to better counter Chandelure, Nidoqueen and Electric types as well as passing bigger wishes with max HP.

Item: Heavy Duty Boots
192 Hp. 216 Atk 100 Speed
Adamant Nature (-sp.Atk, + Atk)
SteelWorker

-Power Whip
-Poltergeist
-Rapid Spin
-Synthesis

Explanation: Dhelmise is the spinner of the team and also, has a surpresively nice wallbreaker ability, getting pass thypical defensive cores such as Bulky Waters + Bronzong, Rhyperior, Reuniclus etc
Thanks to Umbreon Heal Bell, Dhelmise can come with impunity agains Rockers such as Rhyperior Steelix Bronzong Cobalion or Klefki without fearing a status, so you can keep rocks outside of the field all the time,
Poltergeist + Power Whip hit like a truck thanks to their stab and great power, and also after 1 or 2 Rapid Spin you can even late game sweep with it.
Outside that, Dhelmise is a nice check to electric types (not Toxtricity) such as Raikou, Heliolisk or Xurkitree so you dont get Umbreon weakened for constantely switching into Volt Switch

Nature and Evs: 100 Speed evs allow you to outspeed Golurk at +1, where the HP bulk allow him to soft check electric types as well as Cobalion Iron Head, the remaining evs are setted in Atk to increase damage output.

252 Hp. 4 Def, 252 Sp.Def
Nature: Careful (-Sp.Atk, + Sp.Def)
Solid Rock

-Earthquake
-Rock Blast
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic

Explanation: Rhyperior is the Stealth Rock setter of the team, the Toxtricity and Togekiss check and the electric inmunity of the team.
also, is an awesome lead against suicide leads such as Ribombee or Aerodactyl, avoiding Focus Sash thanks to Rock Blast (Is awesome to absorb Taunt at turn 1 from Aerodactyl and kill him before he can set SR)
``QuakeEdge´´ Combo is only reliable checked by Bronzong, and are your best option for STAB.
I prefer Toxic over SD because if opponent hasnt got Bronzong, BulkyGrass/Water mons are the best option for Rhyperior, so having them intoxicated as i said, is the best thing that can happen for Suicune

Evs and Nature: Max Sp.Def and HP are mandatory for reliable check Toxtricity, as well as a possible Aura Sphere from a +2 Togekiss, while also absorbing a possible Scald if absorb that damage for use Toxic against the bulky water is mandatory.

Threat List:
:lucario: Lucario is a pain in the ass as he can breaks throught the 2 walls of the team as well as Rhyperior, he can only come safely against Umbreon, so CB version can be scouted with Protect but SD one becomes very threatening, as you can only RK with Entei (be sure to keep 70% health with Entei if you dont want to get GGed)

:gardevoir: SpecsGardevoir is very threating too, trying to keep Toxic Spikes on the field are mandatory, Entei and Weezing can only come once on a Moonblast

:cobalion:(Outdated because this is UU) SD Cobalion works similar to Lucario, with the difference that Entei cannot RK him, however, Rhyperior can survive a +2CC (Wish for not a Shuca Berry) as well as Dhelmise can do a lot of damage with Poltergeist, but this mon forces you to sacrifice 70% of your Suicune if not, so its very hard to Wish it with Umbreon after that.

IMPORTABLE https://pokepast.es/ad4b2a731770bce2

Last edited:
Your team is solid and well builded. Is not perfect but the work is pretty obvious.
Seems that you initially use syncronize umbreon but in the pokepaste you are using inner focus. To be honest, both habilities are a little situational, not sure what is better. The only flinch user worth mentioning is scarf or suport togekiss (nasty plot destroys umbreon if stays). Otherwise, syncronize better.

Congrats for the peak. Good team¡¡

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)