TRUST THE FUNGUS!
God just how many viable sets does Dragonite have? I know this isn't even the last one we're likely to cover this season...
On a serious note: This is a pretty short set, I felt like what it does is pretty simple even if the set looks pretty weird to anyone not used to the current metagame, but let me know if there's any detail you think I'm missing!
name: Double Priority Lure
move 1: Tera Blast
move 2: Extreme Speed
move 3: Aqua Jet
move 4: Earthquake / Low Kick
item: Sharp Beak / Assault Vest
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
tera type: Flying
* With Flying-type Tera Blast OHKOing physically frail and Flying-weak Pokemon such as Flutter Mane and Annihilape, this set is effective at fooling opponents into thinking that it's Choice Band Dragonite, but it almost always needs to Terastallize to be effective.
* **Aqua Jet**: It may seem redundant with Extreme Speed, but Aqua Jet is a key move for picking off weakened Ghost-types, such as Flutter Mane, and surprising Focus Sash Pokemon that might use Tera Ghost to avoid being sniped by Extreme Speed, such as Iron Valiant.
* **Earthquake versus Low Kick**: Earthquake is the preferred coverage move for OHKOing Magnezone, a common response when thinking Dragonite is locked into Tera Blast. Low Kick trades that OHKO from full health for defeating Kingambit and revenge killing opposing Tera Normal Dragonite, assuming your Dragonite's Multiscale is still intact.
* **Adamant versus Jolly**: Adamant is the best nature for needing less chip damage to revenge kill weakened targets with priority attacks, but Jolly can make sense if outspeeding foes like Jolly Breloom, Modest Gholdengo, and Adamant Baxcalibur is appealing.
* **Sharp Beak**: Sharp Beak gives Dragonite the most offensive presence with the fewest drawbacks, giving Flying-type Tera Blast just enough of a boost to 3HKO Dondozo. This heavily pressures it to use Rest, or possibly Protect for Leftovers variants. In the latter case, Dragonite can switch to maintain offensive momentum.
* **Assault Vest**: Assault Vest vastly improves Dragonite's matchup against Iron Bundle and Flutter Mane, especially if Multiscale's protection has been lost.
* **Heavy-Duty Boots**: Heavy-Duty Boots means Stealth Rock will no longer remove this set's ability to trade blows with powerful threats.
- Written by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
- Quality checked by: [[DerpySuX, 528485]]]
- Grammar checked by: [[YashGreninja, 383911], [Adeleine, 517429]]