SM OU Double Psychic Squad! (Z Reuni + Mega Zam)

Introduction

Hello! I just wanted to start this off by saying that this team was originally built around Porygon-Z. However, I quickly realized it is still pretty bad even with a couple of things in the meta going for it. Rather than scrapping the team I realized that Reuniclus fit really well on it. So now that that's out of the way let's get into the team!

The Team

@

Ability- Magic Guard
EVs- 252 HP | 212 Def | 44 Spe
IVs- 0 Atk
Nature- Bold

Psyshock | Calm Mind | Acid Armor | Recover​
Like I said in the introduction Reuniclus was not originally on the team, but once it replaced P-Z it quickly became the star of the show. With my z user gone I decided to make reuniclus my z user instead. Z is great as knock off does very little damage to it and it can setup on dark types like Weavile and Mega Sableye and procede to PP stall them. The other change I made to the standard set was Psyshock over Psychic. This is necessary in order to beat Chansey and other CM users like Mega Latias because all of my offensive threats are special attackers. Reuniclus also provides me with a check to Mega Medicham which I could not switch into otherwise. On top of that I can use Ferrothorn as setup bait as my only way to deal with it is coverage from Celesteela and Mega Alakazam.

@

Ability- Sand Stream
EVs- 252 HP | 116 Def | 140 SpD
Nature- Impish

Earthquake | Slack Off | Stealth Rock | Whirlwind​
Hippowdon is a great partner to Reuni because it provides both stealth rock and sand support to it. Rocks and sand help to wear down Ash Greninja which is a massive threat to Reuni. Hippowdon also provides a check to Tyranitar which can still be a threat to Reuni even with Acid Armor. The 140 SpD EVs allow Hippo to take 2 HP Ices from specs Tapu Koko after rocks as well as living a Modest Z Magma Storm from Heatran (from full). The rest is put into HP and Defense in order to check physical Pokemon as well as possible. I chose Whirlwind over toxic on this set in order to get rid of setup sweepers like Zygarde and Hawlucha which my team would struggle with otherwise.

@

Ability- Regenerator
EVs- 248 HP | 8 Def | 252 SpD
IVs- 0 Atk
Nature- Calm

Scald | Haze | Recover | Toxic Spikes​
Toxapex has great synergy with both Hippo and Reuni. It provides the team with a great Ash Gren switchin and also gives the team Toxic Spikes. Toxic Spikes are crucial when facing teams with TTar or Weavile as it allows Reuni to setup on the and stall them out. Pex also deals with rising HO threats like Serperior and Blacephalon as it can haze away their boosts and damage Blace with scald or stall Serp out of its Leaf Storms. Its poison typing also helps by absorbing T Spikes from opposing Pexs which is a huge help to Hippo.

@

Ability- Beast Boost
EVs- 248 HP | 104 Def | 156 SpD
Nature- Relaxed

Flamethrower | Heavy Slam | Leech Seed | Protect​
Celesteela rounds out my defensive core and has great synergy with my other 2 walls. It gives me a great psychic resist as Reuni gets blown back by shadow ball coverage from Mega Zam. Cele gives me a ground immunity which is great so I'm not overly reliant on Hippo to check Landorus. Its steel typing also gives me a much needed resistance to flying as Megas Pinsir would destroy my team otherwise as well as a great answer to Clef specifically unaware which is a pain for Reuni. Its fire coverage is super important as it is my best way of dealing with Ferro and Scizor outside of setting up on them with Reuni. Leech seed is great for wearing down switchins and adds to the chip provided by Sand and hazards.

@

Ability- Magic Guard
EVs- 252 SpA | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
IVs- 0 Atk
Nature- Modest

Recover | Psychic | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast​
So far my team lacked 2 big things: speed and a mega. Mega Alakazam fit these criterias perfectly and although it gives me a second psychic type, it still fits well on the team. The second dark weakness isn't an issue as Mega Zam OHKOs all relevant darks with Focus Blast and outspeeds them unboosted. Mega Zam also deals with ghost types that can threaten out unboosted reuniclus. Mega Zam also shreads through common unaware pokemon like Clef and Quag which once again hinder Reuni's sweeping abilities. Zam even provides me with a switchin to annoying taunt users like Heatran (not steel z) and the less common Tapu Fini.

@

Ability- Electric Surge
EVs- 104 HP | 12 Def | 176 SpA | 216 Spe
Nature- Timid

Thunderbolt | U-turn | Hidden Power [Ice] | Defog​
Tapu Koko was a great last edition to the team providing me with another speedy mon and a pivot. Koko often forces in things like Ferro allowing me to pivot into Reuni and setup. Koko also provides me with an offensive check to celesteela which my team lacked. I chose to run shuca berry as it gives me another way of beating setup Zygarde sets. Koko also provides me with a decent check to Gyarados which my team has trouble against otherwise if taunt or substitute. Although I rarely click defog as my team loves hazard wars, it is still important in order to beat webs which I lose to otherwise. (Although roost would be nice against most other teams)

Threats

Heatran- Heatran is very annoying for this team if it is Steel Z with taunt. Taunt stop Reuni in its tracks and forces a switch. Hippo can't switch into a magma storm as it has a 46% chance to 2HKO although it does fine against heatran with lava plume. Mega Zam is generally a good switchin, but does not want to take a Steel Z so I often have to scout for it.

Volcarona- Volcarona can be a huge problem for this team if running Psychium Z. Luckily, Volcarona use is pretty low right now and most Volcarona tend to run Bug Z + HP Ground to deal with the very common Heatran.

Gyarados- Gyarados with Taunt is very difficult for this team to deal with as it can prevent Pex from hazing and Celesteela from wearing it down with leech seed. Koko does a decent job of dealing with regular Gyara (lives +2 EQ and can live +2 waterfall and KOs back), but can't OHKO Mega. However, it will kill Mega if it came in on rocks in base form.

Conclusion

Thanks for for reading! If you have any suggestions for the teams please let me know as although this team has been doing very well for me, I'd still love to improve it.

Reuniclus @ Psychium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor
- Recover

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)