SV OU Double Regen Stall - Peaked #1, 2061, 86.7% GXE

to beat garg all you do is constantly switch between mola and pex, until they run out of salt cure PP. If either is knocked off, usually mola, use clodsire instead.

Man, this team is positively THICC. It’s infuriating. I love it. (I also certainly don’t have the patience to pilot it, haha.)

Breaking this team is beyond hard, and requires incredibly specific breakers. The few I can think of that could split this team are limited to those with offensive abilities Unaware can’t stop, like Guts, Mold Breaker (Haxorus) and maybe choice items on top of Protosynthesis / Quark Drive active with their respective field effects. An offensive Taunt user could work as well, such as Gyarados or Roaring Moon, as they freely set up on Clodsire and just wreck shop from there, especially if they have a ChestoRest, Lum Berry or Tera Fire for Flame Body borb.

You also mentioned physical Electric types as being an issue. I can see Iron Hands doing some work against you. Did you encounter any IH on your laddering? How did you deal with them, if so?

Last edited:
Congratulations (belated) on the peak.
I decided to try out his team during the suspect and after a 19-0 start rng took his smile off me and again lost interest in the game.
Btw, it's not the team's fault, so let's get down to business.
I'll just focus on Tera types and how I made slight changes;

1- :Clodsire: I only used it once against Espathra, nobody wants to lose their Ground immunity, but it works. It has 4 EVs in Atk, maybe reallocating them to Speed will help it beat other Clodsire.
2- :Dondozo: I rarely use Tera here, I understand Fairy as an alternative to Tera Dark Chien-Pao, but Tera Grass solves some problems like Breloom and Meowscarada. I loved Heavy Slam because f@ck Hat
3- :Alomomola: I never used Tera Flying, so I switched to Ghost, plus another pseudo spin-block, it combines very well with Whirlpool to eliminate elephants. 4EVs in SpA could go to SpD.
4- :Talonflame: One of my favorites, especially if you lose your boots and elephant reasons.
5 - :Toxapex: Switched to Tera Dark, keeps dark resistance and adds a Psychic immunity, Espathra is still horrible to deal with.
6- :Blissey: Almost 0 used but not changed to maintain a pseudo Dragon immunity.

First proper stall team I've played and it's definitely very enjoyable, so thank you for making this and good job on the guide. A lot of turns are interesting and require planning ahead. Losses often feel like my own fault, which is not always the case for other types of teams.

I've personally had a lot of troubles with :hatterene: (both psyshock and non psychock). Mainly due to my own inexperience, since keeping a healthy :dondozo: should be more than enough to stall out her draining kiss (bar para hax)

Rock tomb :breloom: can also be quite scary, has definitely stopped me from switching in :talonflame: or doing tera flying :alomomola: while it's on the field. This set often forces tera fairy :toxapex: or :dondozo: which can be a bit annoying

:orthworm: + :espathra: (or just sub set) also feel like a pain in the ass, if it can avoid being poisoned it feels impossible to take down.

Only thing I wish could fit into this team was a knock off user (just imagine of :wo-chien: had recover)

Anyways, thanks again for the team. I'm still making too many mistakes myself before I can even attempt to try to improve this.

Last edited:
I decided to try out his team during the suspect and after a 19-0 start rng took his smile off me and again lost interest in the game.

1- :Clodsire: I only used it once against Espathra, nobody wants to lose their Ground immunity, but it works. It has 4 EVs in Atk, maybe reallocating them to Speed will help it beat other Clodsire.
2- :Dondozo: I rarely use Tera here, I understand Fairy as an alternative to Tera Dark Chien-Pao, but Tera Grass solves some problems like Breloom and Meowscarada. I loved Heavy Slam because f@ck Hat
3- :Alomomola: I never used Tera Flying, so I switched to Ghost, plus another pseudo spin-block, it combines very well with Whirlpool to eliminate elephants. 4EVs in SpA could go to SpD.
4- :Talonflame: One of my favorites, especially if you lose your boots and elephant reasons.
5 - :Toxapex: Switched to Tera Dark, keeps dark resistance and adds a Psychic immunity, Espathra is still horrible to deal with.
6- :Blissey: Almost 0 used but not changed to maintain a pseudo Dragon immunity.

Tbh I think Tera flying alolamola is incredible, otherwise meow spike stack teams, which are very popular right now, become very tough to deal with, but you do you!

Last edited:
I've faced this team quite a few times on the ladder, it's certainly very tough to crack, and trying to break through makes for some interesting games, so well done on that

With that said, one Pokemon I've found to be particularly useful when facing this team is Slowking. The entire team sans Blissey takes ~40% or more from Future Sight, and it's pretty easy to have a Physical attacker in when the Future Sight is landing which means Blissey can't stay in. The players I've faced usually go to Alomomola and Protect as the Future Sight is landing, but if Mola gets Knocked Off then this method isn't all that sustainable, which is a problem since it is the Knock Off absorber after all.

This team also struggles to get rid of Slowking. Even if it gets Toxic'd Regenerator greatly offsets that, and the trapping moves are useless thanks to Chilly Reception.

With all that said, does anyone who's experienced with the team have any insight on how this team deals with Slowking?

I've faced this team quite a few times on the ladder, it's certainly very tough to crack, and trying to break through makes for some interesting games, so well done on that

With that said, one Pokemon I've found to be particularly useful when facing this team is Slowking. The entire team sans Blissey takes ~40% or more from Future Sight, and it's pretty easy to have a Physical attacker in when the Future Sight is landing which means Blissey can't stay in. The players I've faced usually go to Alomomola and Protect as the Future Sight is landing, but if Mola gets Knocked Off then this method isn't all that sustainable, which is a problem since it is the Knock Off absorber after all.

This team also struggles to get rid of Slowking. Even if it gets Toxic'd Regenerator greatly offsets that, and the trapping moves are useless thanks to Chilly Reception.

With all that said, does anyone who's experienced with the team have any insight on how this team deals with Slowking?
I think the best way to deal with it is get up rocks if it's not boots, toxic it, then spam s-ball / seismic toss on blissey to try to KO it. But I agree, it's very annoying to break with this team!

I'm glad you enjoy the team! Slowking can be tricky, but the team can trade wish for future sight by switching alomomola into slowking and using wish the turn after they future sight. You can then protect the following turn and guarantee not taking damage from future sight. Both moves have 16 PP so you need to play it carefully.

I think the best way to deal with it is get up rocks if it's not boots, toxic it, then spam s-ball / seismic toss on blissey to try to KO it. But I agree, it's very annoying to break with this team!

Slowking can be tricky, but the team can trade wish for future sight by switching alomomola into slowking and using wish the turn after they future sight. You can then protect the following turn and guarantee not taking damage from future sight. Both moves have 16 PP so you need to play it carefully.

Man, this team is positively THICC. It’s infuriating. I love it. (I also certainly don’t have the patience to pilot it, haha.)

Breaking this team is beyond hard, and requires incredibly specific breakers. The few I can think of that could split this team are limited to those with offensive abilities Unaware can’t stop, like Guts, Mold Breaker (Haxorus) and maybe choice items on top of Protosynthesis / Quark Drive active with their respective field effects. An offensive Taunt user could work as well, such as Gyarados or Roaring Moon, as they freely set up on Clodsire and just wreck shop from there, especially if they have a ChestoRest, Lum Berry or Tera Fire for Flame Body borb.

You also mentioned physical Electric types as being an issue. I can see Iron Hands doing some work against you. Did you encounter any IH on your laddering? How did you deal with them, if so?
I'm glad you enjoy the team! Offensive taunt users can only be beaten by alomomola's chilling water, talonflame's flame body, or one of our limited attacking moves. This makes some taunt users and some substitute users difficult to beat, primarily sub gyrados. These sets are very rare though. Iron Hands is definitely a threat as well. Burning it with talonflame is important (tera fairy on toxapex or dondozo help too), so lum berry sets can be difficult to beat, though you will still get a 30% chance to burn those after will-o-wisp is healed.

I'm glad you enjoy the team! You don't want to use your clodsire against opposing clodsire, so the speed evs are uneeded. This team plays completely reactionary, so switching clodsire on opposing clodsire will eventually have you killed by earthquake and using valuable recovers. Use toxapex and dondozo to pp stall it instead (completely safe). Tera flying is very much needed on Alomomola. The team is designed to not rely on keeping hazards up to put a clock on the game, so a spinblocker isn't needed. Tera flying allows you to win against meowscarda, banded great tusk, and other spike stacking pokemon, which would be extremely difficult to defeat otherwise.

First proper stall team I've played and it's definitely very enjoyable, so thank you for making this and good job on the guide. A lot of turns are interesting and require planning ahead. Losses often feel like my own fault, which is not always the case for other types of teams.

I've personally had a lot of troubles with :hatterene: (both psyshock and non psychock). Mainly due to my own inexperience, since keeping a healthy :dondozo: should be more than enough to stall out her draining kiss (bar para hax)

Rock tomb :breloom: can also be quite scary, has definitely stopped me from switching in :talonflame: or doing tera flying :alomomola: while it's on the field. This set often forces tera fairy :toxapex: or :dondozo: which can be a bit annoying

:orthworm: + :espathra: (or just sub set) also feel like a pain in the ass, if it can avoid being poisoned it feels impossible to take down.

Only thing I wish could fit into this team was a knock off user (just imagine of :wo-chien: had recover)

Anyways, thanks again for the team. I'm still making too many mistakes myself before I can even attempt to try to improve this.
I'm glad you enjoy the team! Hatterene is always going to be very annoying for stall teams, but with heavy Slam you force it to Tera if it wants to attempt a sweep, which makes the rest of their team less threatening. Tera clodsire and/or dondozo can wall every set, but getting nuzzled on clodsire can make the battle very difficult. Rock tomb breloom and tera fire breloom are very scary, I was actually thinking about changing flamethrower to air slash on talonflame for the tera fire as this team should not rely on the opponent misplaying gholdengo (removing the need for flamethrower coverage). Shed tail espartha is easy for this team, you can remove the sub with seismic toss or tera clodsire and earthquake and then poison it. Calm mind should be used on blissey over shadow ball as an assurance for this and nasty plot gholdengo in the event you cannot tera clodsire. I also think knock off would be very useful, but there aren't any users that would work well with this team.

How do I beat non-choice special or mixed valiant? These valiant run psyshock, so it claps blissey and clod while others take big damage from other moves

How do I beat non-choice special or mixed valiant? These valiant run psyshock, so it claps blissey and clod while others take big damage from other moves
toxapex is generally the best switch-in for iron valiant. (do keep in mind though that non-choice special valiants are walled by tera steel clodsire, as non-mixed valiants are not running close combat)

mixed iron valiant generally runs two sets, one with life orb and one with booster energy.

best case scenario is if you run into one using booster energy, as pex isn't required to tera. so if it's booster energy, pex comes in and you click toxic or they switch out, simple as that. at most, they can get a lucky roll with thunderbolt and potentially 2hko, but even if this happens you can tera and click recover and toxic, but you will probably need to offset the damage by switching into clodsire, luring the psyshock, and then pivoting back into pex. (hopefully, you're not facing hazard stack, otherwise, alomomola would be tea flying, preventing pex from terastallizing).

the mixed life orb sets are harder to deal with. this almost always requires pex to be tera fairy to beat, but even then moonblast does 46.7 - 55.2%, so if you get a bad roll you will have to play around it switching out, or predicting them.

some other options to beat valiant with more ease can be done by changing the team a bit, such as making pex's tera type poison or running t-spikes on clod/pex to limit the chances of valiant coming in, OR even changing clodsire's ev spread to be a bit more defensive, but even then it's not guaranteed and makes you weaker to things like pao or random nasty plot/calm mind users (from losing tera fairy on pex and haze on clodsire). the best check to valiant is gholdengo, and this team lacks that. valiant is prediction based for the most part, so if you play well against your opponent, you should be able to always beat it.

however, this set under electric terrain cannot be walled unless you have gholdengo or skeledirge as it 2hkos everything on this team:
Iron Valiant @ Life Orb
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Close Combat

Last edited:
toxapex is generally the best switch-in for iron valiant. (do keep in mind though that non-choice special valiants are walled by tera steel clodsire, as non-mixed valiants are not running close combat)

mixed iron valiant generally runs two sets, one with life orb and one with booster energy.

best case scenario is if you run into one using booster energy, as pex isn't required to tera. so if it's booster energy, pex comes in and you click toxic or they switch out, simple as that. at most, they can get a lucky roll with thunderbolt and potentially 2hko, but even if this happens you can tera and click recover and toxic, but you will probably need to offset the damage by switching into clodsire, luring the psyshock, and then pivoting back into pex. (hopefully, you're not facing hazard stack, otherwise, alomomola would be tea flying, preventing pex from terastallizing).

the mixed life orb sets are harder to deal with. this almost always requires pex to be tera fairy to beat, but even then moonblast does 46.7 - 55.2%, so if you get a bad roll you will have to play around it switching out, or predicting them.

some other options to beat valiant with more ease can be done by changing the team a bit, such as making pex's tera type poison or running t-spikes on clod/pex to limit the chances of valiant coming in, OR even changing clodsire's ev spread to be a bit more defensive, but even then it's not guaranteed and makes you weaker to things like pao or random nasty plot/calm mind users (from losing tera fairy on pex and haze on clodsire). the best check to valiant is gholdengo, and this team lacks that. valiant is prediction based for the most part, so if you play well against your opponent, you should be able to always beat it.

however, this set under electric terrain cannot be walled unless you have gholdengo or skeledirge as it 2hkos everything on this team:
Iron Valiant @ Life Orb
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Close Combat
Great analysis of the match-up! This team is weak to electric terrain (primarily electric terrain iron hands), but I didn't include that because I've never seen someone use it. Granted I haven't played in a little while so maybe the meta has changed?

I get that most threats Blissey handles are mono-special attacks but I'm still not sold on 4 def EVs. Just swapping HP EVs with Def gives you 91% Sp Def but literally 200% phys def. I feel like in most sp def vs it still functions but occasionally you can do things like eating a Dragapult or Pelipper U-turn, Hatterne Psyshock, or handling Knock Off Iron Valiant a little better.

Like, I get that most of what Blissey handles is raw sp attack but it seems like a tiny sp def loss when you get 2x phys def. Even just tanking a single Garchomp Earthquake to deploy Stealth Rocks seems worth it.

Does anyone have a replay of this team vs. the psychic terrain psychic spam team?
Armorouge just seems to be hitting too hard and I don’t really know what to do against that team.

I get that most threats Blissey handles are mono-special attacks but I'm still not sold on 4 def EVs. Just swapping HP EVs with Def gives you 91% Sp Def but literally 200% phys def. I feel like in most sp def vs it still functions but occasionally you can do things like eating a Dragapult or Pelipper U-turn, Hatterne Psyshock, or handling Knock Off Iron Valiant a little better.

Like, I get that most of what Blissey handles is raw sp attack but it seems like a tiny sp def loss when you get 2x phys def. Even just tanking a single Garchomp Earthquake to deploy Stealth Rocks seems worth it.
This might be better. I try to play the team in a way that if I'm using Blissey against physical moves I've messed up, but this could be too idealistic. There are no specific calcs that require Blissey to be full hp/spdef, so if you feel there are some games you would have won with defense evs it might be better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)