SV OU Double sire exists, death toll is in the millions

Or, for a shorter name, double unaware balance. I’ve had a lot of success for this team, figured I would show it

The team building process

:quagsire: :clodsire:
I wanted to start a team based around these 2, they complement each other well, and I like them.
:quagsire: :clodsire: :scizor:
I always loved scizor, and its double resistance to grass complements quagsire well. Along with being priority.
:quagsire: :clodsire: :scizor: :cyclizar:
I’ve always not liked scissors weak defensive stats, especially its 4x weakness to fire being an OHKO even when I use occa berry. Cyclizar allows scizor the ability to switch in it so desperately needs against any non grass or poison move.

:quagsire: :clodsire: :scizor: :cyclizar: :gholdengo:

What’s that, a special attacker capable of blocking status moves and he looks cool, give it to me now. Plus it also benefits from cyclizar giving it a free substitute.

:quagsire: :clodsire: :scizor: :cyclizar: :gholdengo: :ditto:
ditto to round out the team, they also, maybe a bit less so, benefit from cyclizar passing a sub. Ditto also can just steal games if played right.

Team analysis

Quagsire (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Yawn
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Liquidation
With scald taken away between the transition of generations, and with no pokemon home to give it back, quagsire is now left without a staple status inducing move. Which is where yawn comes in, making it even more threatening against set up sweepers than it already is and often forcing a switch. Recover is there for longevity and rocky helmet is great against Pokémon like maushold and corviknight who spam low damage contact moves. It even only takes 50-65 from maushold’s population bomb before rocky helmet kills it from full health. Round it out with some stab, invest into defense and hp and you have a mon that can out stall a lot of physical threats in the meta game. The grass weakness still sucks but forcing a grass type mon out is great for the other mons on the team that mostly resist grass. No use in talking about the Tera I never use it anyways

Clodsire (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Liquidation
- Gunk Shot
The boy again, this time with a grass neutrality and never miss toxic, this one is a bit more balanced as a mon, being really good at dealing with fairies with gunk shot, and keeping the other 2 stabs from OG quag. I gave it leftovers to add a bit extra longevity, and here you have a mon that can very often switch in on attacks, soak them up, and threaten a toxic. Similar to OG quagsire, I almost never Tera this, so no use discussing that, and the double unaware was

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Head
- Brick Break

Scizor has always been good in my opinion, so this set up was mainly what I used last generation. Now, however, it has access to steel terastalization, adding extra strength to its stab base 60 priority bullet punch. Giving U-turn to it is a no brainer, and iron head and brick break are just nice alternative coverage.
Cyclizar (F) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shed Tail
- U-turn
- Protect
- Rapid Spin
Cyclizar, my beloved, who was 1 vote from a quick ban. I don’t only use it for shed tail, u turn regenerator is also really good, and it’s my rapid spinner. Aguav berry adds longevity, giving it essentially an extra switch in, and just like quag, I never Tera this.

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Tera Blast
- Thunderbolt
The new guy on the block, gholdengo Carries fighting Tera blast for chein pao and other fighting weak threats, air ballon to have a switch in for ground attacks, make it rain and shadow ball as they are good stabs, and thunderbolt for its remaining coverage.
Ditto @ White Herb
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform
I’ve always loved using ditto, specifically white herb sticky web, but with this new meta, white herb on non sticky web teams works fine too, because of all the close combat alikes that lower health, plus, all ditto run choice scarf so it is never expected

I got a replay for this team, be warned, I play a bit stupid, and end up losing, but it still shows off things like white herb ditto and rocky helmet quagsire being useful. Don’t let me being dumb deter you from trying this team out

Last edited:

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
Oh man, i just want to say, cool team man, i was also thinking about double sire but i was beat to it, one thing that seems to be missing is hazzards, both have access to rocks while Clodsire also has access to both spikes and toxic spikes, and since your using gholdengo, you have a good chance to keep them on the field, what kind of hazzards you would rather run its up to you, but in my opinion, rocks + Toxic spikes seem solid

also i think Gholdengo should run a more standard Air balloon set

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball

this ensure you can take a hit and do a NP while the opponent switches, one its good, make it rain + shadow balls just desintegrates everything, and recover to lol whoever though you were cornered

I also want to say that im not a good player by any means but i hope it helps, and once again, cool team, 10/10

Very interesting team! I would recommend a few changes. First of all, a more defensive set with hazards on clodsire seems to be better for your team, considering that Gholdengo can protect them and scizor can abuse the constant chip. Something like recover, spikes, toxic, and earthquake seems strong. Take out some attack Evs to go full defensive. Add stealth rock over liquidation on Quagsire, for the same reasons. Also, ditto is very matchup dependent, and your team does not have a high damage output, so I suggest I strong sweeper that can abuse shed tail and hazards. Dragon dance roaring moon is my recommendation, because it can use spikes well, set up behind shed tail, and decimate the walls scizor struggles with breaking through. Also, scizor can deal with the fairy types it hates. Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)