I'd rather be sleeping
Doubles Achievements Tournament
For those of you already brainstorming potential teams to battle your way to victory, this is not your standard type of tournament. This tournament is instead based on an often-overlooked side of the tier, contributions. Each month, people will be able to compete for prizes with other users, with the 3 users with the highest point totals being eligible for a prize of their choice. The users will then be eligible to pick prizes in the order of their rank (1st place chooses first, 2nd place chooses 2nd, etc.). In order to earn points for this tournament, you have to complete achievements from those listed in the OP (see the rules for details). Keep in mind that repeated good performance in this tournament may also lead to badge consideration in the future.
- A bonus point will be given to 3 people at the end of the month in one of each of these categories:
- Most positive presence on the forum
- Most positive presence on IRC
- Most positive presence in the PS room
- First Taste - If you're new and play 20 games on the ladder, take a screenshot to earn 1 point.
- Graduating - Once you complete a tutoring round in Doubles, you earn 1 point.
- Endurance Run - Play 100 games on the ladder (with at least a 1:1 win ratio) and take a screenshot of it to earn 2 points.
- Top Dog - Get 1st place on the ladder and screenshot it for 3 points.
- King For a Day - Win a PS Room tournament and give proof to earn 1 point.
- Killer - Win a minitour and earn 2 points for it.
- Champion - Win a tournament and earn 3 points for it.
- Icebreaker - If you chat in #doubles or the PS Doubles Room and it's your first time, you can earn 1 point.
- Patent Pending - If you send in a cool project idea and it's used by us, we'll give you 1 point.
- 3x Your Mass - For hosting a successful forum tournament/project you get 3 points.
- Refining Fire - For giving a quality team rate you earn 1 point for each rate.
- Sharing The Wealth - If you have a team accepted into the Sample Team thread, you get 1 point.
- Master Craftsman - Making a great RMT earns you 2 points.
- Making History - If your RMT is accepted into the RMT Archive, you get 3 points.
- Mover and Shaker - For voting in a Doubles suspect test, you get 2 points.
- Spreading the Knowledge - For writing a Doubles analysis, you get 3 points.
- Flyswatter - For reporting Doubles related bugs on PS, you get 1 point for each one you report.
- Raconteur - For making a cool warstory, you can earn 2 points. Use this to get started.
- Ace Reporter - Make a Doubles related Smog article or Competitor article and you can earn 3 points for each one.
- Ponzi Scheme - If someone got you to join this tournament and you earn at least 3 points in a month, mention their name in the point sheet so they get 1 point.
- Master of Ceremonies - Being in a Doubles related Smogcast will get you 2 points.
- Picasso in Training - For making an art piece for a Doubles related project or article, you get 2 points.
- Helpful Critic - Give good feedback in the PS Doubles Room thread to earn 1 point.
- Each round lasts until the end of the month.
- In order to earn points, people must complete achievements out of those listed.
- To sign up, one must make a post stating that they wish to sign up for that month.
- Their signup post is also where they'll keep track of their points.
- IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR ONES POINTS, ONE MUST BE SURE TO ADD THEM TO THE POSTS THEMSELVES. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TABULATE & KEEP TRACK OF YOUR POSTS.
- Anything you're trying to claim points for must have been done in the month you're competing in (for example you can't claim points in June for a Smog article that was published in May)
- Be sure to try and link to some form of verification when reporting your achievements.
- Put your points sheet in hide tags please.
- The top 3 users on the leaderboard at the end of the month will be able to each choose a prize in order of their rank (person who's #1 picks first, etc.). Once a person has chosen a prize for the month, the remaining users who get to choose cannot also choose that prize for the month.
- If you need any help figuring out how you could go about accomplishing any of these achievements, feel free to pm/vm me or another mod for help.
- I reserve the right to deny a claim on points at my discretion.
Prizes (choose one of the following):i'm signing up (june)
total points - 7
first taste - 1
Ace Reporter x2 - 6
link for ace reporter
other link for ace reporter
- A $5 e-gift card to one of the following stores: Amazon, Applebee's, Starbucks, Burger King, GameStop, IHOP, Toys R Us
- Temporary hops on IRC & drivers on the PS Doubles Room*
- A flawless Pokemon of choice
- The ability to have a custom PS avatar**
** This prize is only available bimonthly from the time it is chosen, meaning that if it is selected one month, it will not be listed as an option the next month)
- Pinoy Pwnage - 34 points
- Audiosurfer - 24 points
- LightningLuxray- 22 points
- BLOOD TOTEM - 20 points
- AuraRayquaza - 18 points
- KyleCole - 10 points
- Lolk - 9 points
- Electrolyte - 8 points
- srk1214 - 7 points
- Blizzard, fangame10, finally, Level 51 - 5 points
- AegisCave, Krauersaut, Memoric, Steeljackal<3, Sunni. - 3 points
- Bazmur, Benja299, Vyrel - 2 points
- Dashspin, kiraryuk, WPE Sasiwa - 1 point