DOU Doubles Circuit 1st Spring Seasonal - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sign Up / Round 1 / Round 2 / Round 3 / Round 4 / Round 5 / Round 6 / Round 7 / Quarterfinals

Doubles Circuit 1st Spring Seasonal
Semifinals

Introduction:

As you may or may not know, the XY Doubles team is hosting its 1st Doubles Circuit tournament (click the link for more information)! There are 2 seasonals in every circuit, and this is a sign up thread for the Spring Seasonal! Rack some massive circuit points by doing well in this tournament! The winner of this tour earns 100 Circuit points, which is enough to participate in the Doubles Circuit Invitational, where the top Doubles players will face off for the title of the Doubles Champion (who is awarded with his or her very own custom banner).

Note that this tournament format is Swiss (top 8 cutoff) - meaning that everybody has a chance to play through the entire length of the tournament until the playoffs; no players will be eliminated in any of the pre-playoffs rounds! This allows for more games to be played and better measure the player's skill than the conventional single elimination style tournaments.

Circuit Points Breakdown:

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard XY Doubles tournament.
  • The tournament will be Swiss format (top 8 cutoff).
  • Players will play a best of three series of games each round.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • NO Sleep Clause: A player can put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's Doubles banlist. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.
Pokemon Bans
  • Mewtwo
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina, Giratina-O
  • Arceus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem-White
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
Move Bans
  • Dark Void

Activity Calls:

There will be no timer enforced, but timer loss will count as a loss (even if it's a disconnect).

Contact your players via VM so I can better determine your activity level. Multiple activity losses (aka 2 activity losses) will be subject to disqualification / elimination from the tournament.

Playoff Match Ups (Player's Standings)
PLEASE GET YOUR MATCHES DONE - DONT MAKE ME DECIDE

Pinoy Pwnage vs 7.
TheFourthChaser (2:1)
srk1214 vs 4.
makiri (1:2)​

Deadline for Signups:
Semifinals: May 24th - May 29th May 30th (Friday 11:59 PM EDT)
Swiss Round 1: April 14th - April 18th
Swiss Round 2: April 19th - April 23rd
Swiss Round 3: April 24th - April 28th
Swiss Round 4: April 29th - May 3rd
Swiss Round 5: May 4th - May 8th
Swiss Round 6: May 9th - May 13th
Swiss Round 7: May 14th - May 18th

Top 8: May 19th - May 23rd
Top 4: May 24th - May 28th
Finals: May 29th - June 2nd
Note the very short deadlines - make sure you get your matches done quickly!

Thanks to Seaco for the lovely logo!

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So it looks like we're gonna need some more time... I'll be at work tomorrow when the deadline passes. It's not like we haven't seen each other... just somehow hasn't worked out to get our games in, I guess.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
stop being lame johns

i will give you two till Friday night (11:59 PM EDT) to get your matches done, but after that I will coinflip.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
G1 was mine thanks to some stupid help from RNG though I had a great matchup. Just sped it up a ton.
G2 was just bad for me haha... let's not talk about it
G3 came down to the wire, but ultimately lost when my Jellicent couldn't clutch the end vs his Heatran. Paralysis + Earth Power drops killed me.

Good luck in finals, makiri and pinoy.

G1 was mine thanks to some stupid help from RNG though I had a great matchup. Just sped it up a ton.
G2 was just bad for me haha... let's not talk about it
G3 came down to the wire, but ultimately lost when my Jellicent couldn't clutch the end vs his Heatran. Paralysis + Earth Power drops killed me.

Good luck in finals, makiri and pinoy.
Good luck to you in the rest of the Doubles Circuit, srk. You'll make the Invitational for sure :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)