be the upgraded version of me
Doubles Circuit 1st Spring Seasonal
As you may or may not know, the XY Doubles team is hosting its 1st Doubles Circuit tournament (click the link for more information)! There are 2 seasonals in every circuit, and this is a sign up thread for the Spring Seasonal! Rack some massive circuit points by doing well in this tournament! The winner of this tour earns 100 Circuit points, which is enough to participate in the Doubles Circuit Invitational, where the top Doubles players will face off for the title of the Doubles Champion (who is awarded with his or her very own custom banner).
Note that this tournament format is Swiss (top 8-16 cutoff) - meaning that everybody has a chance to play through the entire length of the tournament until the playoffs; no players will be eliminated in any of the pre-playoffs rounds! This allows for more games to be played and better measure the player's skill than the conventional single elimination style tournaments.
Circuit Points Breakdown:
- This is a standard XY Doubles tournament.
- The tournament will be Swiss format (top 8-16 cutoff).
- Players will play a best of three series of games each round.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
- NO Sleep Clause: A player can put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
- Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
- Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's Doubles banlist. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.
- Giratina, Giratina-O
- Dark Void
- Robert Alfons
- Metal Sonic
- U-turn Out
- Lost Soul
- Level 51
- Max Carvalho
- BLOOD TOTEM
- tm69 genesect
- The Shellder Smuggler
- Dr Ciel
- The Leprechaun
- papai noel
- Pinoy Pwnage
- The Unlucky one
Deadline for Signups:
Sunday April 13th, 11:59 PM EDT (GMT -4)
Swiss Round 1: April 14th - April 18th
Swiss Round 2: April 19th - April 23rd
Swiss Round 3: April 24th - April 28th
Swiss Round 4: April 29th - May 3rd
Swiss Round 5: May 4th - May 8th
Swiss Round 6: May 9th - May 13th
Swiss Round 7: May 14th - May 18th
Top 8: May 19th - May 23rd
Top 4: May 24th - May 28th
Finals: May 29th - June 2nd
Thanks to Seaco for the lovely logo!