hello fellow young people
Welcome to the inaugural Doubles Classic! The commencement thread for this tour can be found here, with details on scoring and the playoffs that will follow the conclusion of these three cups.
- This is a standard USUM Doubles OU tournament.
- This tournament will be Single Elimination.
- Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
- To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. Only games shown in a replay will be counted.
- Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a TD / the other Grand Prix hosts. Coin flips will be done on PS!
- Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. Thus:
- A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
- A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling.
- Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
- Moody Clause: Players cannot use a Pokémon with the Moody ability.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
- Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team
- Necrozma-Dusk Mane
- Necrozma-Dawn Wings
- Dark Void
- Gravity and sleep moves with below one hundred percent accuracy
- Eevium Z
- Power Construct
IMPORTANT NOTE: We have a lot of subs for this tournament because we came just short of the threshold for a larger bracket. As such, I will be very aggressive in subbing people out. I will be doing an activity sweep on Thursday, July 2, at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT -4), and if there is no indication of a completed or scheduled match, you will be subbed out. If you schedule via public VMs on Smogon, you're safe. If you post in the thread that you have scheduled with your opponent, you are safe. If you attempt to schedule with your opponent in private and they do not answer but you post that you contacted them (with proof) in this thread, you are safe. If you schedule in private but don't post in the thread or on each other's walls to inform me, you are not safe. Make sure we know you have scheduled if you don't want to be removed! This is your official warning, don't get caught off guard.
If you are a sub, check back after this activity sweep to see if you were subbed in.
If you want to be added to the list of subs, post "in as sub" in this thread.
Round 1 Pairings:
Gatubraz vs raf
Amaranth vs tenzai
Sensei Axew vs Croven
Shadowmonstr4 vs papiloco
Frania vs deoxys speed
voltix31 vs Level 51
Yoda2798 vs Z Strats
marilli vs London13
Akaru Kokuyo vs KennyJ
Kiichikos vs ViktorKlassO_O
SingleThunder vs Paraplegic
AuraRayquaza vs CyndaKill-SH
LLiama vs YoBuddy
Gammie87 vs qsns
Memoric vs Nido-Rus
MXF vs shrop
Dr Nibs vs Arcticblast
Stratos vs JustKaiser JK
mc56556 vs Demantoid
tennisace vs ron...5
KyleCole vs Awing3382
umbreon098 vs talkingtree
MZB vs DLT JRL BELL
FairyJose vs Zigh
variationonatheme vs K3ppr
Sunrose vs duckpond
Luisin vs Ainzcrad
SMB vs fespy
Mishimono vs MajorBowman
Burt Jarvis vs Cheese5555
GenOne vs sawamura
n1n1 vs Ezrael
This is the list of substitutes in order of priority: