DOU Doubles Classic II - BW Cup Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Welcome to the second Doubles Classic! See the Doubles Classic II commencement thread for details on scoring and the playoffs that will follow the conclusion of BW, XY, and SM Cups.

Tournament-specific rules
  • This is a standard BW Doubles OU tournament. (see the BW DOU metagame thread for various resources)
  • This tournament will be single elimination.
  • Rounds will be best-of-three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown.
  • Replays must be saved. Any match win reported without replays will not count. This is to promote the development of the BW DOU metagame and ensure players are on an equal playing field with regard to replay access.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a TD / other Doubles Classic hosts. Coin flips will be done publicly in the Smogon Doubles room.
  • If you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
Play Restrictions
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Evasion Abilities Clause: Players cannot use a Pokemon with the Sand Veil or Snow Cloak Ability.
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
  • Moody Clause: Players cannot use a Pokemon with the Moody Ability.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure.
  • Sleep Clause: Players cannot put two Pokemon on the opposing team to sleep.
  • Species Clause: Players cannot use two Pokemon with the same Pokedex number on the same team.
  • Swagger Clause: Players cannot use the move Swagger.
Pokemon Restrictions
Players cannot use the following Pokemon:
  • Mewtwo
  • Lugia
  • Ho-Oh
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Arceus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem-White
Move Restrictions
In addition to the moves restricted in the above clauses, players cannot use the following moves:
  • Dark Void
  • Gravity
Item Restrictions
Players cannot use the following item:
  • Soul Dew
HOW TO SCHEDULE

We received 74 total signups for BW Cup. By Smogon tournament convention, to make an even bracket of 64 players, 10 players will be relegated to substitutes and will be subbed in should activity concerns arise early in the first round. The first 5/8 of 64 are locked in and cannot be made substitutes (64*5/8 = 40), which means the remaining 3/8 (64 * 3/8 = 24) slots will be determined via lottery from the remaining signups, with ten players relegated as substitutes. Choices were randomly generated on Pokemon Showdown:

[00:02] &DaWoblefet: .js Math.floor(Math.random() * (24 + 10)) + 40
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 42
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 53
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 57
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 62
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 57
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 60
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 66
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 41
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 53
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 60
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 50
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 49
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 41
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 42
[00:02] *BoTTT III: 47

Therefore, players Human, Far too complex, MXF, Amaranth, xXCloutGod42069, blueebee, Sagdiyev V2, Hys, SingleThunder, and Decem as the 42nd, 53rd, 57th, 62th, 60th, 66th, 41st, 50th, 49th, and 47th players to sign up, respectively, will be held as substitutes for the first round. If you did not sign up initially but also wish to play, you may have a chance to do so by posting in as sub in this thread, where priority to substitutes will be given on a first come, first served basis.

Current priority for subs:
DONE

**IMPORTANT**
To maximize the number of completed matches, in round one only, I will be checking for activity to determine substitutes on Thursday, June 3rd by 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT-4). Please schedule publicly so I can verify if contact has been established. If you have not established scheduling by that time, or you have scheduled privately (e.g. via Discord or Smogon PM) and not mentioned it to me or on either player's wall, you risk being subbed out by a player waiting to play.

PAIRINGS
Level 51 vs. Mishimono
YoBuddy vs. dnagerbadger
zeefable vs. MZB
GenOne vs. RKD
fespy
vs. Psych^^
CyndaKill-SH vs. JRL
Grandmas Cookin vs. Spurrific
Z Strats
vs. Yuichi
Toxigen vs. Hockey1
MADARAAAA vs. Arcticblast
Gatubraz
vs. Mizuhime
Curly Brace vs. The_Bandit
KyleCole vs. Crunchman
Voltix vs. MXF
Ron...5 vs. KennyJ
Cubic Skunk
vs. Mr.Bossaru
Shadowmonstr7 vs. YoriichiMaster
Human vs. umbry
AuraRayquaza vs. Yoda2798
Memoric vs. Far too complex
papiloco vs. Sunrose
Trognon vs. Eisenherz
txitxas vs. Raineko
Frania vs. tqew
Nido-Rus vs. n1n1
SMB
vs. emma
Demantoid vs. qsns
LightScreener vs. Meminger21
Yellow Paint vs. Mack Knife
DaWoblefet
vs. sawamura
IMT vs. Drivetacos
Jomatoes vs. Clemens

The complete bracket may be viewed at your leisure at https://challonge.com/nobodyrememberssleepclause.

The deadline for round one is Sunday, June 6th at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT-4).

Last edited:
Contacted but waiting for a response to finalize what time we play at

(Edit made on 5/31/21 at 6:19 PM EST, GMT - 4). We were able to get scheduled and we played our matches

Last edited:
This is a reminder that on Thursday, June 3rd at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT-4) I will be checking for activity. You will be subbed out if contact has not been made with your opponent by that time. I have not seen any public attempt at scheduling (or notified of a private attempt) from the following players:

MADARAAAA
Arcticblast
Curly Brace
TutuKun
sonidude
I know it's a bit confusing since they posted on my wall as well as I have on theirs but we were scheduling the time on their wall (The_Bandit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)