DOU Doubles Ladder Tournament I 2018 (Won by Mint16)

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Drampa! Drampa! Burning bright,
On ladder room, half past midnight;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could guess thy one ability?

In what world and in what time
Would you need to run Cloud Nine?
Who would use a set like this?
Why'd my Ninetales' Blizzard miss?

And which user, and which donk,
Stays in on Fini with their Conk?
For when my Fini threatened harm,
What made your Conk click Hammer Arm?

Why the Hammer Arm, again?
In what dimension runs your brain?
Who clicks Protect in front of 'Cott?
Is that even a brain you've got?

When I claimed hax my enemy's fault
And shower'd Smogon with my salt:
Did I smile my reqs to see?
Do I qualify for TC?

Drampa! Drampa! Burning bright,
On ladder room, half past midnight;
What immortal mouth could tell,
How to escape from Elo hell?

Dust off your Zapdos and pitchforks! Ready your torches and your Prankster Taunts! It's time for an all-new Doubles Ladder Tournament, with your host Level 51! This will be the first of two Doubles Ladder tournaments happening this year, and only your best finish between the two will be counted for the Invitational. But before you get around to smashing Level 1 Bruxish and Oricorio and trampling down the ladder, here are a few specifics you should know. Please read every one of the rules; important information lies within. This is to prevent confusion, especially regarding the qualification process.

The Rules
  1. The engine of the tournament is the regular Pokemon Showdown Doubles OU ladder, not a new one. All normal Doubles Rules and Clauses apply. All qualification will be done on this ladder. The top 24 players (selected as described below) will be placed into a best of 3 single elimination bracket playoffs.
  2. You need to make a new alt account for this tournament. Your alt name must begin with "DLT" to make determining the top players for each cycle easier. To show that your account is clean please include in your sign-up post a picture of your laddering alt without a [Gen 7] Doubles OU rating (the screenshot should not include an entry for "[Gen 7] Doubles OU"). You are not required to make a new alt for each ladder cycle.
  3. In order to sign-up for the Doubles Ladder Tournament, please create post in this thread listing your alts. You are allowed an unlimited number of alts, so don't worry about starting over with a new one; just remember to keep to the format for each alt you create, and please update your post each time you create a new alt. Include in your post a picture of your "clean" alt (one that shows it didn't have games played previously).
  4. You must create and register a new alt before you play any battles on it. We will be checking the registration date of all alts; in order to qualify for this tournament, they must be registered on or after 6 March, 2018.
  5. The tournament lasts 4 weeks. The cutoff times for each week are listed below; at the cutoff time, one of the tournament hosts will take a screenshot of the ladder. In order to qualify for the playoffs, your alt must be among the top 6 newly made alts in this screenshot. Merely being among the top 6 unqualified alts some time during the week does not qualify you for playoffs. If a player is already qualified, their alt will be ignored when counting the top 6 alts in a week. The Top 2 Players each week will receive a bye in the first week of the playoff portion.
  6. During the playoffs stage, players will be seeded by their Elo at their respective screenshot time.
  7. Don't show unsportsmanlike behavior on the ladder. If we have a reason to believe you forfeited a game to boost a friend's account, you will be punished. If you try to prevent your opponent from joining the battle again after a disconnection, you will also be punished. There isn't even a trophy at stake here so I'm not sure why people would do these things, but just don't. Again, please please use your common sense.
  8. In your sign-up post, please include a line reflecting the fact that you have read and understand the rules. Your alt may not be considered eligible if your post does not contain this line.

Relevant Dates
(all times GMT-4)

Week 1 (DST starts near the end of this cycle, so take note!)
START | 6 March 2018, 12:01am​
END | 11 March 2018, 11:59pm​
Week 2
START | 12 March 2018, 12:01am​
END | 18 March 2018, 11:59pm​
Week 3
START | 19 March 2018, 12:01am​
END | 25 March 2018, 11:59pm​
Week 4
START | 26 March 2018, 12:01am​
END | 1 April 2018, 11:59pm​

Qualifiers
  1. [Cycle 4] Frania (1893) (+bye)
  2. [Cycle 3] AuraRayquaza (1873) (+bye)
  3. [Cycle 3] Demantoid (1867) (+bye)
  4. [Cycle 2] SMB (1858) (+bye)
  5. [Cycle 1] EmbCPT (1847) (+bye)
  6. [Cycle 2] Mr.GX (1847) (+bye)
  7. [Cycle 4] Croven (1839) (+bye)
  8. [Cycle 1] chan da lure (1776) (+bye)
  9. [Cycle 4] veristas (1817)
  10. [Cycle 4] Nido-Rus (1816)
  11. [Cycle 4] fespy (1804)
  12. [Cycle 4] Ann nonima (1793)
  13. [Cycle 1] miltankmilk (1772)
  14. [Cycle 1] emiforbes (1771)
  15. [Cycle 3] The Idiot Ninja (1763)
  16. [Cycle 2] Mint16 (1761)
  17. [Cycle 3] zaaya (1761)
  18. [Cycle 3] Mishimono (1759)
  19. [Cycle 2] Memoric (1756)
  20. [Cycle 3] GenOne (1752)
  21. [Cycle 2] stax (1744)
  22. [Cycle 2] nvakna (1738)
  23. [Cycle 1] zikam (1731)
  24. [Cycle 1] KyleCole (1721)

CP Payouts
  • 1st: 10 CP
  • 2nd: 8 CP
  • 3-4: 6 CP
  • 5-8: 4 CP
  • 9-16: 2 CP
  • 17-24: 1 CP
If a player qualifies for playoffs for both DLT I and DLT II, they will earn 1 CP as a bonus.

That's it! Good luck to all of our participants, and may the best ladderer win! :toast:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)