Other Doubles LC Swiss #1: Semifinals

1649208373522.png

(Credits to Kiwi for the logo!)
Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Quarterfinals | Semifinals | Finals
SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard SWSH Doubles LC Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 8] Doubles LC".
  • This tournament will be in this format.
  • In the situation where both players end the game with no Pokémon left, a tie is declared.
  • All rounds will be First to 2 Wins. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokémon Showdown! or SmogTours.
Clauses:
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Gravity Sleep Clause: The combination of sleep-inducing moves with imperfect accuracy and Gravity or Gigantamax Orbeetle are banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  • Dynamax Clause: You cannot dynamax
  • Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep

General Tournament Rules:

• Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
This is a Type B tournament in the LC Doubles circuit. Doubles LC resource thread for resources. Doubles LC damage calculator for damage calcs.
Doubles LC Discord: https://discord.gg/s4YmmBxNZK

Pairings:

#2 Neblina
v. #5 Actuarily (Game 1 / Game 2 / Game 3)
#3 Paraplegic v. #4 GasaiYunoSan (Game 1 / Game 2 / Game 3)
#6 DuGuo v. #12 Akaru Kokuyo (Game 1 / Game 2 / Game 3)

Deadline:

June 5 at 9 PM EDT/UTC-4

MESSAGE TO ALL PLAYERS: PLEASE POST ALL REPLAYS IN YOUR WINPOSTS!!!

Last edited:

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
Back at it with more predictions. :quagchamppogsire: Coming from getting half the quarterfinals correct after some upsets let's hope for some more great games in this round.

#12 Akaru Kokuyo v. #6 DuGuo (49-51) - Starting off strong we have Akaru who comes from winning against ace and DuGuo who comes from beating hybone. Now Akaru's win is the most impressive one on paper as he won against one of the on paper disputant for winning it all, however he had some mistakes coming from basically not knowing the tier and got carried by those paralysis turns and a clutch muddy watee miss on the last turn of g3. DuGuo on the other hand still impresses me playing decent enough to find success by showing to know the tier more while still playing great. Akaru can easily win this as he is a good player just need to get more into the meta knowing the sets and strats (and prob rusting off some of those sets... regenerator mienfoo aint it); but i'm on the DuGuo hype train and i really think he's solid enough to take the dub.
#2 Neblina v. #5 Actuarily (45-55) - Next we have a banger here. Neblina won vs jrl very convincingly in a really cool set to watch. Actu on his end did as expected and won very comfortably but now faces an opp who is in to try and make him sweat it out if he wants to win here. With all this said is impossible to me to not bold actu with his historial at dlc despite that the jrl set surprised me for very good reasons on neblina's end. Excited to see this one and hoping to perhaps see some new and cool teams and/or strats.
#3 Paraplegic v. #4 GasaiYunoSan (60-40) - And to wrap the semis up we have para vs gasai. Para continues his havoc on the tier still being undefeated up to this point in tournament series. Gasai won in 2 good games against toadow, however i feel like people have gotten up to her builds and thus the number of loses that she collected lately (specially in LPL). She is a great player and will be interesting to see the outcome of this game but Para has been more solid as for recent times and i know he is goign to prep for whatever he sees from gasai which i dont think gasai can do back to para as much.

Hoping for some good games; i enjoyed watching all of the quarterfinals so i'm very excited for the semifinals ones too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)