are graph theorists edgelords?
Hi everyone! With all the serious battling going on in Doubles recently—Seasonals, Snake Draft, even monied DUU tournaments—it's easy to forget what we're all here for in the first place. We haven't had mini-tours in a while, but now it's time to revisit the zany side of Doubles! For those unfamiliar with the concept of minitours, each minitour has a different twist placed on it, whether it's a different tier, some sort of teambuilding restriction, or something else entirely. All information for the current minitour can be found at the bottom of this post.
- This tournament will be Single Elimination
- Rounds will be best of one.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
- If you are found signing up under more than one alt, I'll be very sad! :(
- Don't cheat! Why would you cheat? There's nothing at stake here!
- Activity calls will be made by me. Coin flips will be done on PS!.
- Don't be rude or disrespectful to your opponent!
- Have fun!
- The winner of the minitour will win a custom role in the DOU Discord, with a color of their choice. They may choose to override their pre-existing role colors with this color, if they like. The role will last until the next DOU minitour is won, though if minitours cease the role may be removed after an indeterminate amount of time.
Minitour #1: Partners in CrimeThough it's been around for almost a year, Partners in Crime has only recently come into the spotlight in the ongoing OM Snake Draft. It's almost identical to standard DOU, but with one key twist—every Pokemon gains access to the moves and the ability of the allied Pokemon next to them! You can find out more about the format here.
Additional bans: Huge Power, Mawilite, Medichamite, Pure Power, Wonder Guard, Normalize
Additional clauses: Sleep Clause
- Level 51
- Yellow Paint
- Z Strats
- So Noisy