I'd rather be sleeping
Doubles Mini-Tournament #3
How to participate:
- The Standard Doubles Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
- The Rounds will last exactly 4 days from the second the round is posted here in the Other Metagames sub-forum. At the end of the 4 days, unfinished matches at the deadline will decided by coin flip. Exception: *If you contacted your opponent but they do not respond by the day before the deadline, then if that match does not get completed you will win by activity*
- Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, 32, 48 or even 64 participants. It will be first come first serve. Sign-ups will last for approximately 3 days unless the tournament reaches 64 participants, at which point sign-ups will finish.
I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.
As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Standard Doubles Mini-Tournaments Rules:
- Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.
- Standard Doubles. Refer to this page for more information on usable Pokemon.
- This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
- You may switch your team each round.
- Evasion Clause
- OHKO Clause
- Sleep Clause
- Species Clause
- Soul Dew Clause
- Timed Battle
- Team Preview
To challenge your opponent, click their name on the Showdown user list in the Lobby, then click "Challenge". Set the format to "Smogon Doubles" under the doubles category.
Other things to note about Standard Doubles Mini-Tournaments:
- There won't be more than one tournament running at a time.
- Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tournament at hand.
- The second post will always outline the special rules of the tournament.
- Please turn in a log or replay of your battle once it has been completed. This will ensure there is no drama, and select replays can be put up on the Standard Doubles thread once the tournament reaches a close.
- BLOOD TOTEM
- Cease Tick