Resource Doubles OU EV Spread Compendium (Speed Tiers link in OP)

EmbCPT

VGC 2022 Masters Champion
A few optimizations I noticed could be made a few months ago:

the berry lando spread accomplishes the same goals with 248 HP;

+1 252 SpA Genesect Ice Beam vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Yache Berry Landorus-Therian: 334-394 (89 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Ice Beam vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Yache Berry Landorus-Therian: 332-392 (88.5 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

you labeled these as guaranteed survivals. I know 252 SpA Gene isn't standard, but +SpA Deoxys is a legit set imo.

92 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Kommo-o: 288-340 (98.9 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
labeled as guaranteed KO;

The Gastrodon set can get 4 extra EVs by changing the HP to 248. Also, if you dont care about the special bulk, Quiet can give you 3 total stat points extra with 248 HP/228 Def, sacrificing 10 SpDef for 13 more SpA. Another option is going Sassy and 32 SpA, which makes the roll on Inci a mere 99.2% chance of KO'ing, but gives you the same stats everywhere else with 2 extra points in SpDef;

252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Superpower vs. 252 HP / 16 Def Incineroar: 334-394 (84.7 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
This calc could be an issue on the Inci spreads;

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 32+ Def Tapu Fini: 144-171 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
As you can see, you don't need as much defense on the Fini for the benchmarks you mentioned and, since SpA is just a dump, you can go Calm 252 HP/140 Def and give Fini a net gain of 10 extra points.

The banded Zygarde spread can accomplish the same defensive goal with 24 HP/ 56 SpDef, while also allowing you to max out on its Attack.

The berry Zapdos set can accomplish the same goals with 244 HP/56 Def/56 SpDef, but gives you 8 extra EVs.

These are the only ones I can spot right now, I hope it was helpful.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Thank you! Really nice to have someone going through and checking me on these, I definitely make mistakes and I know sifting through the sheer number of spreads is a lot. Implemented all of those shifts aside from the ones I wanted to comment on here:

Whenever I have a Berry or Roost/Recover set, I personally prefer to have an even HP stat for one extra HP of recovery from that. It's a pretty minor thing, but lowering HP just for one extra point somewhere else almost never comes into play and getting one extra HP is always nice when that's going to happen most games. The one exception is if the HP makes a multiple of 16 (or Berry Volcarona in general).

For +1 Genesect against Yache Lando-T, I put in as much SpA as possible while retaining the ability to outspeed and OHKO Scarf Lele, which gives you this: +1 172 SpA Genesect Ice Beam vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Yache Berry Landorus-Therian: 316-372 (84.2 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. +SpA is a legit set so I'll clarify that in the benchmarks, but I personally wouldn't use +SpA because then you're slower than Mega Manectric and Zeraora.

I'm going to make this the Gastrodon spread: 236 HP / 152 Def / 36 SpA / 84 SpD | Relaxed. Turns out I was 1 away from a Defense jump point and taking advantage of that meant you can run the same SpA benchmark but also hit this: 144 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 236 HP / 84 SpD Gastrodon: 177-211 (41.9 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO, so you can always Recover off the damage.

PikachuVincent

Banned deucer.
Raichu-A
EV's: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed/4 def
-Maximizes it's speed under electric surge. having almost untouchable speed stat if you run timid with 252 speed. Electro ball is going to hurt. Also works well with Tailwind.
-Special attack is to max out it's offensive power. almost killing fini with one thunderbolt under electric terrain with thunderbolt. 1 hit KO if using electro ball. keep in mind if you check this out for yourself with electro ball. Use +2 since surge DOUBLES it's speed stat to 700. under tailwind is 1400.
- dump into 4 def since that's it's most weakest defense and it needs all it can get

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
| Kingdra
I can stay in vs a Fini!
EVs: 88 HP / 168 SpA / 252 Spe | Modest Nature
  • Always lives a CM Tapu Fini Moonblast from full HP
    156+ SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 88 HP / 0 SpD Kingdra: 264-312 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Max Spe for the Kingdra Speed tie
  • Dump in SpA to hit hard

GenOne

is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1549037386346.png
| Camerupt

I can also stay in vs a Fini!
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 96 SpA / 156 SpD | Quiet Nature

Scales back the SpA a bit so it always lives one Muddy Water from a standard Tapu Fini -- or, two inside of Torkoal sunroom :)

Otherwise, just hits the same benchmarks as the more offensive spread.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 36 SpA / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Protect

The last set posted was like... really old (it had surviving spectral thief as a benchmark)... so I made a new, much more defensive set.
- survives Mence double edge (mixed set)
-survives zard overheat in sun
-survives 2 goth psychic
-2hko Fini with sludge bomb
-outspeeds Fini with no investment

What exactly does it mean when a Pokemon hits a jump point, such as Amoonguss with it's Sp Def? Is it a general number that takes some amount of hits from other calcs or what?

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
DPL Champion
What exactly does it mean when a Pokemon hits a jump point, such as Amoonguss with it's Sp Def? Is it a general number that takes some amount of hits from other calcs or what?
Normally, when you add 4 EVs to a stat, that stat increases by 1 point. Jump points are certain points where adding 4 EVs increases the stat by 2 points, so it's almost always advantageous to hit them when possible. Taking the Amoonguss example, a Sassy Amoonguss with 52 EVs in SpDef hits 229 SpDef, whereas a Sassy 56 EV in SpDef Amoong hits 231. Therefore, we consider 56 EVs on Sassy Amoonguss to hit a jump point.

Arctic edit: jump points are only possible in stats that are being boosted by your chosen nature

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally, when you add 4 EVs to a stat, that stat increases by 1 point. Jump points are certain points where adding 4 EVs increases the stat by 2 points, so it's almost always advantageous to hit them when possible. Taking the Amoonguss example, a Sassy Amoonguss with 52 EVs in SpDef hits 229 SpDef, whereas a Sassy 56 EV in SpDef Amoong hits 231. Therefore, we consider 56 EVs on Sassy Amoonguss to hit a jump point.
I see, thank you very much for the information. I knew EVs worked that way but I didn't know the term for it. I appreciate the help

New porygon2 set
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 224 HP / 104 SpA / 40 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe

-guarantees OHKO on bulky lando-T with pinch berry
-survives kartana max attack all out pummeling
-avoids 2HKO from LO koko thunderbolt

hits every benchmark the other set hits, except it can’t guarantee avoiding kartana 2hko from sacred sword (close though), and it’s able to do a lot more with ice beam

So here’s a much bulkier Diancie set
Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP / 84 Atk / 112 Def / 96 SpA / 12 SpD
Relaxed Nature

-avoids the OHKO at +2 def from metagross
-avoids OHKO from +2 muddy water fini, and 2hko from neutral
-ohko +1 kommo-o (same mark as standard set)
-2hkos hoopa-U
-rest is dumped into attack

GenOne

So here’s a much bulkier Diancie set
EVs: 204 HP / 84 Atk / 112 Def / 96 SpA / 12 SpD
Relaxed Nature

-avoids the OHKO at +2 def from metagross
-avoids OHKO from +2 muddy water fini, and 2hko from neutral
-ohko +1 kommo-o (same mark as standard set)
-2hkos hoopa-U
-rest is dumped into attack
I like those benchmarks, but your HP-to-defense ratio is inefficient; you save substantial amounts of EV points if you max out the HP first, then add to Defense to hit the Metagross benchmark.

Here's my take on a super bulky spread:

Diancie @ Weakness Policy / Rockium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 96 SpA / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe

Benchmarks
  • Avoids an OHKO from Mega Metagross Iron Head after a +2 defense boost from Diamond Storm. (220 Def, or 80 Def + Relaxed nature, would be needed to live Meteor Mash, which feels unworthwhile.)
  • Avoids an OHKO from Modest Volcanion's Steam Eruption.
    • If you don't care about this benchmark, you can move the SpD into Atk; you already live a +2 Tapu Fini Muddy Water simply by having 252 HP EVs.
  • OHKO +1 Kommo-o with Moonblast.
  • Brave nature as a dump into attack.

Brave Nature
I hate to nitpick but isn't this set suboptimal as well? Maybe I'm missing something but by using a sassy nature you achieve more spdef and attack:

Diancie @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 44 Def / 96 SpA
Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Trick Room

This set has 304/265/347/260/369/94, while yours has 304/259/347/365/94

GenOne

I hate to nitpick but isn't this set suboptimal as well? Maybe I'm missing something but by using a sassy nature you achieve more spdef and attack:

Diancie @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 44 Def / 96 SpA
Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Trick Room

This set has 304/265/347/260/369/94, while yours has 304/259/347/365/94
Nah, nitpicking is good. You're right :I

Boosting the base 150 stat is more efficient than boosting the base 100 stat -- durr!

Thanks man.

I like those benchmarks, but your HP-to-defense ratio is inefficient; you save substantial amounts of EV points if you max out the HP first, then add to Defense to hit the Metagross benchmark.

Here's my take on a super bulky spread:

Brave Nature

Benchmarks
  • Avoids an OHKO from Mega Metagross Iron Head after a +2 defense boost from Diamond Storm. (220 Def, or 80 Def + Relaxed nature, would be needed to live Meteor Mash, which feels unworthwhile.)
  • Avoids an OHKO from Modest Volcanion's Steam Eruption.
    • If you don't care about this benchmark, you can move the SpD into Atk; you already live a +2 Tapu Fini Muddy Water simply by having 252 HP EVs.
  • OHKO +1 Kommo-o with Moonblast.
  • Brave nature as a dump into attack.
Sorry for the shitty ratios, was trying to meet a couple other benchmarks and that ended up getting me closer but wasn’t possible to hit em all at the same time, so went with the ones I had and it didn’t occur to me to change it back to the more efficient ones

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 20 SpA / 72 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Snarl
- Toxic
- Protect

So this set (with toxic) is very very niche, but the evs do pretty much all the same things defensively as the standard set, plus it survives ohko from lando-t earth power, which could make HP ice way more viable.
Dumped the extra 20 evs into spatk, doesn’t meet any new specific marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)