Project Doubles OU Next Best Thing: Cycle 13: Landorus-I (Submission)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think I could ever top ColeKyle, but here’s will-o-wisp Incineroar!
:Incineroar:
Incineroar @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 28 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Parting Shot
- Will-O-Wisp

This set drops knock off and instead replaces it with a new utility move in will-o-wisp. If you’re tired of stuff like Urshifu and Diancie switching in on your Incineroar and ignoring parting shot stat drops, make a read and will-o-wisp them instead! It’s also great against set up sweepers like dd kyurem-black/zygarde, or just physical attackers in general. The EVs and item are designed to be able to switch in on an Amoonguss’ spore and OHKO it back with Flare Blitz. It also outspeeds 8 speed Volcanion so that it can parting shot to get out, which is preferrable to taking a Steam Eruption. Spdef is a dump.

Mack Knife

Future 50th President
1632923258837.png

Incina ROAR (Incineroar) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 36 Def / 56 SpA / 168 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fake Out
- Overheat
- Roar
- parting shot

This is one of the dumb sets that I use. I think it is not a bad idea to have some sort of phasing on every team however. The whole "fake out, protect, set up, coaching, protect, eliminate mons, protect, switch, protect" type of teams rn can be quite annoying. Roar helps punish protects by ruining positioning (gone is the days when phasing is to prevent tr, still does this but not always). Even better is incin's ability to then pivot and ruin stuff further (not to mention people try to protect to avoid fake out hits).

Rocky helmet is for the lols and overheat bc we ain't getting any younger. EVS to survive Steam Eruption and stuff.

Last edited:

Meminger21

Lágrimas Ocultas
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:incineroar:
Incineroar @ Charcoal
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Bulldoze
- Parting Shot

Pair it with Moonblast Diancie, while Diancie deals with Urshifu and Zygarde, after WP is activated by Bulldoze, Incineroar can KO Rillaboom with Charcoal + some attack investment. The rest of the EVs are bumped into HP and Sp Def for more bulk (it has a 6% chance of being KOed by Volcanion).

Cycle 13: Landorus-I
:sm/landorus:
Landorus has been a amazing special attacker for some time now, with its extremely powerful Earth Power, and versatile options such as Psychic, Sludge Wave, Substitute, Rock Slide and more! So good luck figuring out how to use it!
Banned Sets
Offensive :life-orb:

Meminger21

Lágrimas Ocultas
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:landorus:
Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Imprison
- Protect

With Imprison as a 4th attack, Landorus can check other Landorus much better while protecting its teammates. It also locks the opponent's protect which can help Lando. If you face Psychic Landorus that'll be a big problem tho.

Defog Landorus-I
:landorus:
Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Defog
- Protect
Although it is a strange pick for Doubles, Defog has that nice effect ot lower the evasion of the opponent's threats, so your teammate can use reliably a move with middling accuracy such as Rock Slide/Muddy Water.
Don't forget the possibility to get rid of Screens and Terrains asap.

Last edited:

Candy Corn

Banned deucer.
Giga Chad Landorus-I
:Landorus:
Landorus (M) @ Protective Pads
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Attract
- Role Play
- Body Slam
- Rest

This set is awesome because it takes advantage of Landorus's big muscles and awesome stache and makes opponents feel nothing but love for him. Role play is cool. You can take things like intimidate and intimidate opponents, or clear body so you keep your attack stat super high. Body slam is the attack of choice here. Gets the damage buff with no chance of paralyzing your lover. Rest is for longevity. Protective pads are the item of choice so you don't lose to ferrothorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)