Tournament Doubles Premier League 4: Captain Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the 4th edition of the Doubles Premier League!​

How does DPL work?

There will be 6 teams, each with their own captain. Captains will do a snake draft on Pokemon Showdown, where they will take turns nominating and bidding in an auction for players who signed up to assemble their teams with limited credits available. The teams will then play one another for 5 weeks, with a new opponent each week. This will culminate with a Playoffs week consisting of the Top 2 teams overall from the 5-week main season.

How does one signup as a player?

Player signups will begin on Tuesday, March 27, and will run until the draft. Watch the forum for the thread to sign up.

How does one signup as a Captain?

To sign up as a captain, post in this thread with the following information and fill out the questionnaire below. Posts in this thread other than manager signups will be deleted and possibly infracted. Signups will be open until Monday, March 26 at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT -4).
Name:
Timezone:

Questionnaire:
1. If you were to create a new team for DPL, what would be its name and mascot?
2. Pineapple on pizza?
3. What is your favorite Pokemon and why? Please include a cute gif as part of your answer.
4. Why did my wife leave me?
5. Why should you be chosen to be a captain in DPL?

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
DPL Champion
Name: jeff
Timezone: -4

Questionnaire:
1. If you were to create a new team for DPL, what would be its name and mascot? RUSTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH BACK TO PURGE THE SINNERS
2. Pineapple on pizza? goat topping
3. What is your favorite Pokemon and why? Please include a cute gif as part of your answer.

4. Why did my wife leave me? the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell

Name: Connor
Timezone: United States Central Time, gmt -5

Questionnaire:
The KoniKoni 2012's

Joseph Kony would be the mascot

2. Pineapple on pizza? no
My favorite pokemon is alakazam because I always thought it looked very intelligent and powerful

Because of our very popular OTP
I have been a devoted member of the doubles community for quite some time and think it's time to try my hand at managing a tournament when I've played in many before. I am also knowledgeable in good discord emotes and have had temporary success in winning Team Tournaments

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Name: marilli
Timezone: -4

Questionnaire:
1. If you were to create a new team for DPL, what would be its name and mascot? Dewford Dewgongs
2. Pineapple on pizza? i prefer cheese pizza

4. Why did my wife leave me? to travel across the world and achieve her dreams
5. Why should you be chosen to be a captain in DPL? So nobody has to watch me play

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Name: Cliff
Timezone: EDT (GMT -4)

Questionnaire:

if not the storms then here is a list of other ideas (pls pick storms though):
- Malie Mighty - mascot Hariyama
- Cianwood Mystics - mascot Lugia
- Anistar Aegislash
- Whirl Island World Eaters - mascot Guzzlord
- Aether Avengers - based on Aether Paradise, mascot probably Nihilego
- Pyrite Primeapes
- Po Town Drampas
- Dabbing Duskulls
- Mt. Silver Scrapes

2. Pineapple on pizza?
It goes well with ham (and bacon, as I'm told), but it's not an every pizza kind of deal; only on rare occasions should one consider pineapple.

I gambled away our life savings betting on the wrong SPL teams

I won last year with my terrible drafting skills and general inability to help my team. Just imagine how I'd do with mediocre drafting skills instead!
Also I've been in the community pretty much since day 1 and I love it and want to give back to it

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
名称: 阳泽
时区: +8 (新加坡)
  1. 假如你会组织 DPL的团队之一,你会利用什么名称、哪一个吉祥物?:《毛泽东大跃进》。 吉祥物大概会是海星星吧。
  2. 披萨上放菠萝?:习近平肯定不会批准这样的怪念头。希望日本快点向夏威夷投弹。
  3. 你最喜欢的精灵宝可梦是谁?请附上一个可爱的GIF。:大概是耿鬼吧。请看看我国制造的耿鬼玩具:
  4. 我的老婆为什么离开我?: 她大概是要去追取共产主义,所以没有时间陪你。
  5. 你凭什么要被选为成 DPL 队长之一?: 中国第一,美国第二!

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Name: n10sit
Timezone: cst (cdt)? fuck timezones

Questionnaire:
1. If you were to create a new team for DPL, what would be its name and mascot? Rustboro Rhydons or Hoenn Heroes
2. Pineapple on pizza? are you fucking kidding me hell no
3. What is your favorite Pokemon and why? Please include a cute gif as part of your answer. hoopa can do anything

4. Why did my wife leave me? uh oh u friccin moron
5. Why should you be chosen to be a captain in DPL? while i am not the most accomplished tour player or player in general, i think people know that i take this tier and community, and therefore this tour, very seriously. i would be an active and engaged manager whos goal would be to not only win the tour but make sure my teammates have fun doing it

Name: AuraRayquaza
Timezone: GMT+0/1

Questionnaire:
Malie City Marshadows
2. Pineapple on pizza?
Yeah thats fine
3. What is your favorite Pokemon and why?
mudkip with aron a close second
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_3s1mgk96lmw4k88088s80k8ws_640.gif

She was pro-ban for the marsh suspect test
I've been around for pretty much forever (probs too long :I) and would love to give back and try my hand at managing. I've been in the last 3 dpls and seen how to manage a team (DPL 3) and how not to (DPL 2 sp_ndas). I hope that some of my more recent results would suggest that i could actively help the whole team test and build to a competitive standard as much so as anyone, I think I know most of the community pretty well and believe highly in my ability to draft a good, strong, cohesive team.

Last edited:

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am Mizuhime from the eastern time zone

1 - Melemele Sea Mantines

2 - People can eat whatever they want on pizza

3 - he's not exactly a cutie pie, but he's my favourite because he's a very big boy who's very strong and is a water type

4 - you got mished

5 - i got snubbed last time i tried for n1n1 :( but in all seriousness i've been around forever, hosted many things, ran the tier, know the player base, am still the only doubles player to manage in SPL and wcop and every time I managed in DPL my team does pretty good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)