Tournament Doubles Premier League 4 - Week 5

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

>>Match Times<<
>>Spreadsheet<<
>>Information Megathread and Schedule<<

Mossdeep City Space Jams (5) vs Melemele Sea Mantines (1)
SM Doubles OU
Spurrific vs tennisace
Frania vs FlamingVictini
EmbCPT vs Sabella
SM Doubles UU
nvakna vs talkingtree
XY Doubles OU
emiforbes vs DaWoblefet
BW Doubles OU
Biosci vs deoxys speed

Hoenn Heroes (4) vs Rustboro Baptist Church (2)
SM Doubles OU
SMB vs Finchinator
Mint16 vs Void
Pigeons vs The Idiot Ninja
SM Doubles UU
Nido-Rus vs Level 51
XY Doubles OU
DragonWhale vs I Am a Rookie
BW Doubles OU
AuraRayquaza vs Lunar.

Santalune Storms (2) vs Hungry Hungry Hippowdons (4)
SM Doubles OU
stax vs Croven
fespy
vs miltankmilk
Hashtag vs Vallex
SM Doubles UU
Arcticblast vs Akaru Kokuyo
XY Doubles OU
qsns vs DaAwesomeDude1
BW Doubles OU
Yellow Paint vs Memoric

The deadline is Sunday, May 13, at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT -4).
A few quick notes/reminders:
  • Follow Smogon's Tournament rules (no ghosting, no leaking teams/sets in chat, etc)
  • All matches are Best of 1
  • All replays must be posted - the same policy regarding replays used in Seasonals will be used here. All matches without a replay will be treated as a double game loss.
  • I will grant activity wins or extensions if I have to, but only as a last resort. Do your best to get your games done on time!
  • Substitutions are allowed, but be sure to let the host, opposing player, and opposing manager know ASAP if one needs to happen. If both managers agree to switching matchups around in the same tier to accomodate timezone issues that is fine, but send me a PM on Smogon including both managers so that I know it's legit.
Have fun!

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mossdeep City Space Jams vs Melemele Sea Mantines
SM Doubles OU
Spurrific vs tennisace
Frania vs FlamingVictini
EmbCPT vs Sabella
SM Doubles UU
nvakna vs talkingtree
XY Doubles OU
emiforbes vs DaWoblefet
BW Doubles OU
Biosci vs deoxys speed

Hoenn Heroes
vs Rustboro Baptist Church
SM Doubles OU
SMB vs Finchinator
Mint16 vs Void
Pigeons vs The Idiot Ninja
SM Doubles UU
Nido-Rus vs Level 51
XY Doubles OU
DragonWhale vs I Am a Rookie
BW Doubles OU
AuraRayquaza vs Lunar.

Santalune Storms vs Hungry Hungry Hippowdons

vamos hippos

I decided to make a list of all the ways each team can/not make playoffs since its quite close in the middle of the standings:

Storms: Guaranteed playoffs. Also guaranteed 1st seed as they are 2-0 up currently vs. the Hippos.

Hippos: A win vs. the Storms this week guarantees playoffs, cannot be 1st seed as they are losing 2-0 currently. A Jams or Heroes loss also guarantees playoffs. Should Jams and Heroes both win while Hippos draw/lose, they are out of playoffs. Similarly, if the Jams and Heroes both draw and Hippos lose, they are out of playoffs.

Jams: Getting more wins than the Heroes this week guarantees playoffs. Should Hippos lose/draw while Jams win, guaranteed playoffs. Similarly, should Hippos lose while Jams draw, guaranteed playoffs. Getting fewer wins than the Heroes this week will knock Jams out of playoffs.

Heroes: Getting more wins than the Jams this week guarantees playoffs. Should Hippos lose/draw while Heroes win, guaranteed playoffs. Similarly, should Hippos lose while Heroes draw, guaranteed playoffs. Getting fewer wins than the Jams this week will knock Heroes out of playoffs.

Church: Need to beat Heroes 5-1 or 6-0 (1-0 up currently) while Jams lose 6-0 or 5-1, respectively, to make playoffs.

Mantines: Out of playoffs :(

I don't think I missed anything out. Interestingly, should Jams and Heroes get the same number of wins this week, they will be exactly tied. Their matchup in week 2 resulted in a 3-3 tie.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I decided to make a list of all the ways each team can/not make playoffs since its quite close in the middle of the standings:

Storms: Guaranteed playoffs. Also guaranteed 1st seed as they are 2-0 up currently vs. the Hippos.

Hippos: A win vs. the Storms this week guarantees playoffs, cannot be 1st seed as they are losing 2-0 currently. A Jams or Heroes loss also guarantees playoffs. Should Jams and Heroes both win while Hippos draw/lose, they are out of playoffs. Similarly, if the Jams and Heroes both draw and Hippos lose, they are out of playoffs.

Jams: Getting more wins than the Heroes this week guarantees playoffs. Should Hippos lose/draw while Jams win, guaranteed playoffs. Similarly, should Hippos lose while Jams draw, guaranteed playoffs. Getting fewer wins than the Heroes this week will knock Jams out of playoffs.

Heroes: Getting more wins than the Jams this week guarantees playoffs. Should Hippos lose/draw while Heroes win, guaranteed playoffs. Similarly, should Hippos lose while Heroes draw, guaranteed playoffs. Getting fewer wins than the Jams this week will knock Heroes out of playoffs.

Church: Need to beat Heroes 5-1 or 6-0 (1-0 up currently) while Jams lose 6-0 or 5-1, respectively, to make playoffs.

Mantines: Out of playoffs :(

I don't think I missed anything out. Interestingly, should Jams and Heroes get the same number of wins this week, they will be exactly tied. Their matchup in week 2 resulted in a 3-3 tie.
The DPL sheet wasn't updated with the last result of Week 4, so Church had 2 less points than it should have (should have been 3). I've updated it now.

Hippos can obtain playoffs if:
  • They win
  • They tie, and at least one of Jams / Heroes do not win
Jams / Heroes can obtain playoffs if:
  • They win and get more game wins than the other team
  • They win and Hippos do not
  • They draw and Hippos lose
Church can obtain playoffs if:
  • Church wins, Jams lose
  • Church wins 6-0 / 5-1 / 4-2, Hippos lose 2-4 / 1-5 / 0-6 (respectively) --> this causes a tie between the teams and I have no idea what the tertiary tiebreaker is after # wins and head-to-head
  • Church wins 6-0 / 5-1, Hippos lose 1-5 / 0-6
Mantines can obtain playoffs if:
  • Severe ghosting allegations are launched against 3 of the other teams, are found to be true, and those teams are disqualified

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)