Tournament Doubles Premier League 5: Captain Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to the 5th edition of the Doubles Premier League!
How does DPL work?

There will be 6 teams, each with their own captain. Captains will do a snake draft on Pokemon Showdown, where they will take turns nominating and bidding in an auction for players who signed up to assemble their teams with limited credits available. The teams will then play one another for 5 weeks, with a new opponent each week. This will culminate with a Playoffs week consisting of the Top 2 teams overall from the 5-week main season.

How does one signup as a player?

Player signups will begin later, and will run until the draft. Watch the forum for the thread to sign up.

How does one signup as a Captain?

To sign up as a captain, post in this thread with the following information and fill out the questionnaire below. Posts in this thread other than manager signups will be deleted and possibly infracted. Signups will be open until Monday, March 25 at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT -4).

Name:
Timezone:

Questionnaire:
1. If you were to create a new team for DPL, what would be its name and mascot? Bonus points for complete artwork that doesn't suck
2. Pineapple on pizza?
3. What is your favorite Water Pokemon and why? Please include a cute gif as part of your answer this part is important.
4. What's the most overrated DOU Pokemon?
5. Why should you be chosen to be a captain in DPL? Please give some actual reasoning for this part

Attachments

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Name: n10sit
Timezone: gmt-5 (whatever central time zone is who am i sir sandford fleming

Questionnaire:
1. HOENN HEROES

2. Pineapple belongs in the trash

4. Most overrated mon in DOU is easily mega salamence
5. I was a game away from making the playoffs in my managerial debut last year. I take my role in the DOU community very seriously and I prep extremely thoroughly for DPL. It's my favorite event that we do and I am very excited for the chance to manage again.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
name: n1n1
timezone: gmt-5

1. If you were to create a new team for DPL, what would be its name and mascot? Bonus points for complete artwork that doesn't suck
Magma Hideout Mutant Ninja Torkoals (copyright n1n1 2019, do not steal name)

2. Pineapple on pizza?
yes, with Jalapenos

3. What is your favorite Water Pokemon and why? Please include a cute gif as part of your answer this part is important.
Pellipepper because rain gets me wet

Mega Metagross

5. Why should you be chosen to be a captain in DPL? Please give some actual reasoning for this part
someone needs to draft Pwndkthnx, right?

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Name: Stratos
Timezone: GMT-5 (Central Daylight Time)

Questionnaire:

2. Pineapple on pizza?

Pineapple and pizza are two wonderful foods, best enjoyed separately.

I'm still not convinced Bulu is real.

I've got a great track record as a DPL manager. My team won DPL in my one previous appearance as manager of the DPL2 Shitposters, and I think everyone who was on that team can vouch that we had a really fun and supportive atmosphere. I also unofficially assmanned the DPL3/4 Jams and we made playoffs both years, so I'm kinda 3 for 3. Despite being somewhat out of the scene, I have kept tabs on the playerbase.

There are understandably probably concerns about letting me manage considering the circumstances, but if you do, I promise the Shitposters will have a great time and make another strong showing. Plus it's the only way to make sure that kami and totem sign up.

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
MajorBowman
US Central / GMT-5

1. Veilstone Victory Stars and it would *obviously* be Victini (but I'd be happy taking over an existing team too)
2. Unapologetically
3. Politoed because it's so adorable how can you not love Politoed he's so happy!!!

4. Coil Milotic
5. DPL is easily the most fun DOU event of the year and I'd love to try my hand at managing this time around. Playing for a couple years was a lot of fun and hosting was great too, but I've had the itch to manage a draft tournament for a little while and I think DPL would be a great place to start. Obviously being a tourneybro and TL I keep an eye on who's doing well and I want to see if I can put together a winning team. Plus someone has to keep n1n1 from drafting pwndkthnx right?

Last edited:
Name: AuraRayquaza
Timezone: GMT+0/1

Questionnaire:
1. Geosenge Gloomdwellers, have a guess at the mascot :x

2. Absolutely

4. Araquanid - Sticky webs suck and so does this mon

5. I've played in every DPL and its almost always been the highlight of my year in DOU, I have wanted to give managing a go for some time now. Since being passed over last year, I've tried my hardest to contribute to all areas of DOU and I hope that's shown. I know the playerbase and have some ideas with regards to players I want to give a chance, as well as being on good terms with everyone and believe I have the ability to put together a strong, cohesive team and create an enjoyable atmosphere within it. I want to take my role very seriously and am excited/hope to be given the opportunity to show what I can do as a manager.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Name: talkingtree
Timezone: US Central (GMT -5)

Questionnaire:
1. I'm probably planning to carry on one of the teams that doesn't get continued (Mantines!), but if I think of another name I'll update here.
2. Absolutely - call me crazy but one of my favorite pizzas to get with a friend from high school was chicken, goat cheese, and pineapple
3. Tirtouga! My first word was turtle so I've always like turtles.

4. I think Mega Manectric has been overhyped ever since Lax was banned
5. I've always loved the preparation part of games, so being able to help everyone on my team with building / testing sounds like a blast - while I can do that as a player as well, being a captain would give me a chance to really lead. Also, I'd like to think that I'm pretty in touch with most parts of the community so I'm looking forward to hopefully helping some newer players (either just to the tier or overall) shine.

Last edited:

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
name: shay
timezone: AEDT (GMT+11)

space jams

PiNeApPlE oN pIzZa

keldeo got a sword on its head

idek whats in dou now but its "your favourite competitive mon here" or Landorus-T

Nobody that's played for me as a manager has anything bad to say (except blingas because he won and then i benched him for fun), even Dad1 and I drafted him for the sole purpose of benching him (and I'll do it again). Also, I've never missed the playoffs as a manager in this and I helped shadow-manage the last iteration of the Jams led by Marilli so I'm probably going to win this year if I manage.

Did I mention I intend to draft Dad1 just to bench him?

shoutout to Croven

Name: stax
Timezone: gmt -7

Questionnaire:
1. I would like to use the storms or the spindas

2. I dont eat pizza :I

3. Piplup was my favorite in the anime

4. chansey

5. I'm an accomplished player and would be helpful and committed

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
DPL Champion
name: kaori
time: -4

2. Pineapple on pizza?
absolutely

whatever Croven uses
managed twice already, managed 3x bspl 1x spl 1x ssd

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx
Name:
Pwndkthnx
Timezone:
GMT-5 (EST)

1. Unbound Underdogs
2. :|

4. Landorus-Therian
5. Well, everybody has to start somewhere, right? While I haven’t participated in many tournaments, nor do I have a track record like the rest of everybody else, I am almost always on Pokémon Showdown, so you won’t have to worry about my attendance. I’m very interactive, I love helping people, and building teams is my favorite thing to do. I know I troll a lot, but when it’s time to take care of business, I get the job done. I would love to be able to work with more people in the DOU community, and I feel like this would be the perfect opportunity to do that. I hope you all can put my bullshit aside, and see that I truly want to make a difference. Also, as per the name of the team, I really want to give the underdogs of the DOU community a chance to shine.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
alright closing this because there hasn't been a sign up in a week and it's time to get the ball rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)