Tournament Doubles Premier League 7: Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

How does DPL work?

There will be 6 teams, each with their own captain. Captains will do a snake draft on Pokemon Showdown, where they will take turns nominating and bidding in an auction for players who signed up to assemble their teams with limited credits available. The teams will then play one another for 5 weeks, with a new opponent each week. This will culminate with a Playoffs week consisting of the Top 3 teams overall (first seed gets a bye) from the 5-week main season.

How does one signup as a player?

Player signups will begin later, and will run until the draft. Watch the forum for the thread to sign up.

How does one signup as a Captain?

To sign up as a captain, post in this thread with the following information and fill out the questionnaire below. Posts in this thread other than manager signups will be deleted and possibly infracted. Signups will be open until Saturday, January 30th at 11:59 PM Eastern time.

Name:
Timezone:

Questionnaire:
1. If you were to create a new team for DPL, what would be its name and mascot? If you have artwork, please post it!
2. List your top 5 favorite Pokemon!
3. Which player do you enjoy playing against the most and why?
4. Why should you be chosen to be a captain in DPL?
5. Name one other player that you would like to be picked as manager(assuming they sign up) and why?

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Name: Memoric
Timezone: +8

1. If you were to create a new team for DPL, what would be its name and mascot? If you have artwork, please post it!

Darkrai, Minccino, Lilligant, Honchkrow, Dragapult

Nobody because these hands don't discriminate

I'm the people's champ

5. Name one other player that you would like to be picked as manager(assuming they sign up) and why?
KyleCole because I wanna beat his ass

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Name: n10siT
Timezone: Central Standard Time, UTC - 6

Questionnaire:
The Hoenn Heroes.

Hoopa, Trapinch, Suicune, Lugia, Hitmonchan

lord death man and Memoric, because they have such valuable insights into the game and see things from a different perspective than me.

I hosted DPL last year, and the two years before that I managed the Hoenn Heroes. We made the playoffs in DPL 5, and got very close in DPL 4. I think the players who have been Heroes in the past enjoyed their time, and I pride myself on drafting a winning team that gels well together. I put in a lot of work going into DPL and I continue that work throughout the season. I am chasing a DPL title, and this feels like it could be my year.

Memoric and KyleCole, not just because they posted before me in this thread. Memoric has a great managing attitude, has had success managing in the past, and will get the most out of his players. Kyle is a bit of the same, although a bit unorthodox in both playing and managing style has also had great success, winning DPL last year. Kyle's a fun guy, and I think players enjoy playing for him.

Name: KyleCole
Timezone: Game time

Questionnaire:

Credits GenOne for the new logo!
Ghosters back again, once again.
1611515274614.png
Dragapult, Ho Oh, Yveltal, Dialga, Mega Venusaur

emforbes. When I lose (which is most of the time) I always learn where I could've improved, and the rare time I do manage a win I feel invincible.

Back to win another one. Nobody has half the heart or spreadsheets that I've got, and I can't wait to secure another year of bragging rights.

I'm picking 2! I would like to see AuraRayquaza get another shot. I also think Yoda2798 would be epic.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: n1n1
Timezone: EST

66 St Black Swannas
1611514749430.png
but would rather have the Hungry Hungry Hippowdons

1611516024535.png

Diancie, Tyranitar, Gastrodon, Hippowdon, Tapu Bulu

Mishimono He is a competitive and fun opponent for all gens. Brings interesting teams and never gimmicks, I enjoy challenging him the most.

I nearly lead the Hippowdons to the finals in DPL 2, we finished in 3rd with 1 fight within 1 set away from finals. My great teammates Dad1, YP, articblast thought I did a great job then. I changed to culture of this tour when I managed. DPL1 was an uneventful tour that ended in activity. In DPL 2 as manager I excited and intrigued the community and now DPL is the most looked forward to tour in DOU.
Now 5 years later I have been the only captain with such success to never have to chance to manage again. Instead the illuminati gave my spot to Braverious who hasnt been seen since and the recent managers have wasted so many slots on the popular singles players while neglecting the community.
I wont do that. 2 years ago I encouraged Aray to buy Kichii with his last 3k, instead he took p2. Last year my advice was heeded when I told Kyle during the draft to pick up JRL for 3k. My record of spotting talent is proven. I'm on PS laddering, doing room tours and challenging anyone up for a fun fight more than anyone else. I will draft the under the radar players and ensemble a talented team with good culture to contend for the championship.

SMB was one of the best teammates I had during DPL 5, hes a proven good captain. Also Yellow Paint was one of my best teams in DPL 2, he is always helpful. I'd love to be teammates with either of them again.

Last edited:
Name: Fespy
Timezone: -5

Taking over the Santalune Storms for Arcticblast!
storms.png

Torkoal, Ninetales, Charizard, Mega Charizard Y, Torkoal again

Edu ;)

DPL wouldn’t be DPL without the Storms! Arctic has decided to hang up the manager towel and pass it down to a multi-year vet of the team.

I’ve shown over the years (and especially recently with casting tourney sets) that I’m in this for the long run and am dedicated to making the DOU scene an even better place. I’ve led more than a handful of teams in the past, both at work and in sports, and I’m ready to bring my leadership skills here :)

There are also rumors of DPL merch drops if I’m captain o.0

I founded a multimillion $$ company I can manage a dpl team

Memo cuz he’s the people’s champ and is also incredibly handsome

ablast_endorsement.png

Last edited:
Name: SingleThunder
Timezone: EST-5

Cyllage City Sandacondas

cyllage city sandacondas 4 png.png

1. Electivire
  2. Kyogre
  3. Torterra
  4. Porygon2
  5. Buzzwole
I enjoy playing against shrop the most. They're a great opponent, always down to play, and friendly, which I appreciate.
I have leadership experience as an collegiate Overwatch captain and enjoy the prepping process. I enjoyed helping my teammates during DOU World Cup and would enjoy being captain and support for my team.
emma. They were fun to play for in wcop.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Name: Yoda2798
Timezone: GMT+0

Questionnaire:

I will be starting a new franchise, the Hau'oli Haxers!
hauoli_haxers_logo_final.png

Dragapult, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Tyranitar, Volcarona

Mishimono because we're both choke artists so he makes me feel better about myself.

I managed Team Europe in DWCoP and lead them to semifinals, despite having fewer established DOU players than other teams. I was very active in helping teammates prepare and test, on top of my own games, and enjoyed the position of captain. Combined with my knowledge of the playerbase, and exceeding amount of luck, I believe I have what it takes to go all the way and claim the DPL crown.

I'd love to see stax come back and manage again. The Spindas dominated in DPL 5, and I'm sure if given a second chance we'd see another strong team under his leadership.

I'd like to bring back the spindas
unknown.png

primarina, hydreigon, torchic, gastrodon, raichu
z strats is fun to play with and he plays randbats too
I did well last time I was picked and will be committed to the sp_ndas.
I would like to see former spindas yoda2798 and lunar get a shot, and there to be 8 manager slots as well.

Name: AuraRayquaza
Timezone: GMT+0/+1

Questionnaire:
Spikemuth Spectral Thieves, guess the mascot

Aron, Mudkip, Marshadow, Togekiss, Kartana

Frania, not sure why but our games are always fun and I have gotten my ass opened more than once

In DPL5 I was able to take a team to the finals in quite awkward circumstances (completely created by myself ._.). I took a lot of lessons from it and I know I'd do a better job of drafting and managing. I got pranked in DPL6 tho and didn't get a chance to show it :( I believe I'm competent enough and know the playerbase well enough to be able to draft a good team and manage them to a top finish again.

5. Name one other player that you would like to be picked as manager (assuming they sign up) and why?
Yoda would be epic, he was a good europe manager and it was fun working with him

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
shay
est
no
dragonite vulpix alolan vulpix tapu koko and the northrop grumman b-2 spirit, capable of dropping 40,000 lbs of democracy on afghani elementary schools
dad1 because you can break him down to his root as a man only to rebuild him better than he was, resurrecting him in the form, Chad1
gimme the church
kaori. because she'd gimme the church

Name: Neblina
Timezone: -5

Questionnaire:

Adobe_Post_20210126_2107160.21703074958386404.png

(Logo provided by my team work and my graphic designer Nasco)

Kyurem, Weavile, Jynx, Loppuny y Frosslass.

SMB , Akaru Kokuyo, LightScreener, Tenzai and Yoda2798, because they are great friends and I learn a lot from them and among others good players.

Because I am a born leader, I have been a server staff, a clan leader, at a competitive level I have played in several tournaments mainly in the Brazilian community, in Spanish, French and some smogon in Doubles and multi-format such as those in the RoA room I have also been a manager and co-manager in other leagues outside of smogon. I want to be chosen because I think I have enough experience since 2014 playing, outside of that I want to make myself known internationally as smogon provides and continue to gather experiences and meet people and thus finally become an integral player.

If I can establish multiple servers and bring them to success, I think I can lead a league of this caliber.

SMB, Akaru Kokuyo and Yoda2798 Because they are great friends and players being outstanding in many tournaments and their great trajectory and experience.

#ILOVEU GUYS <3
#LATAM
#COMUNIDAD HISPANA

Last edited:
Thank you to all the players who decided to sign up! I'm confident that we picked the best 6 people to represent DPL 7 this year! If you didnt get chosen to be a manager this year, I encourage you to signup next year! im going to reveal the managers every 10 mins starting right now so be on the lookout lmao :p
The first manager getting revealed is Memoric!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)