Admin Thread

#3 Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles (5) vs. (0) #2 Hoenn Heroes

SS DOU: shrop vs Tenzai
SS DOU: Paraplegic vs TonyFlygon
SS DUU: kaori vs SMB
SM DOU: Spurrific vs Yuichi
XY DOU: Amaranth vs JRL
BW DOU: Memoric vs emma
The deadline is Sunday, March 28th, at 11:59 PM Eastern time.
A few quick notes/reminders:
  • Follow Smogon's Tournament rules (no ghosting, no leaking teams/sets in chat, etc)
  • All matches are Best of 1
  • All replays must be posted - the same policy regarding replays used in Seasonals will be used here. All matches without a replay will be treated as a double game loss.
  • I will grant activity wins or extensions if I have to, but only as a last resort. Do your best to get your games done on time!
  • Substitutions are allowed, but be sure to let the host, opposing player, and opposing manager know ASAP if one needs to happen. If both managers agree to switching matchups around in the same tier to accommodate timezone issues that is fine, but send me a PM on Smogon including both managers so that I know it's legit.
  • If any of the rosters are incorrect, PM me on discord asap and I will edit.
  • FREE SHADOWTAG IN SS :p

Last edited:
DPL 7 Predictions Tour

The link to Semi finals predictions is here. Predictions will be open for approximately 72 hours from this post are now closed. The results from Week 5 and some pre-season predictions have been tallied. The top 5 are as follows:

1. Mizuhime: 785 points
2. Lunar: 770 points
3. kamikaze: 755 points
4. Emma: 740 points
4. Memoric: 740 points

Mizuhime has claimed top spot, replacing Lunar who dropped to 2nd. Shadowmonstr7 did not submit pre-season predicts and has fallen out of the top 5 as a result, their 3rd place position has been taken by kamikaze. Memoric has moved back into the top 5, sharing equal 4th with Emma. Mass Opinion scored 70 points for Week 5 and 50 for the pre-season and has fallen from 8th to 14th place. The Ape scored 80 points for Week 5 and 100 for the pre-season and has moved up to 18th place. The link to the full leaderboard is here.

Week 5 predictions recap:

• The match between Yoda2798 and MajorBowman did not count for predictions points because MajorBowman was substituted.
  • The highest score of Week 5 was 135 points, scored by Paraplegic.
  • All users predicted their team's games.
  • Only 2 users, Spurrific and SingleThunder, correctly predicted the Spikemuth Spectral Thieves to finish last.
  • SMB was the only user to predict all playoff spots incorrectly, despite being in a team that made playoffs. No user correctly predicted all finalists.
  • The biggest upset was The_Bandit vs SMB (3-23)
  • My thinly veiled attempt at crowdsourcing bonus questions was fairly unsuccessful, only 18/26 people answered the question and I received mostly joke responses such as 'idk bro,' 'mish,' 'l2p,' 'Ligma balls?' and 'High Jump Kick.' Enzonana was also never freed :(

Last edited:
won't be able to do finals predicts so...

SS DOU: shrop vs Tenzai - shrops been schmovin and I really like the teams he's brought so far, so I'm gonna bold him
SS DOU: Paraplegic vs TonyFlygon - pulled for Tony in the first match but I'd like to see Para gather some plot armor and take the rematch here. Tony's looked super impressive though and has the SMB builder so this won't be easy.
SS DUU: kaori vs SMB - one of many "it's SMB" that I foresee in predicts, hana has used some neat stuff though. An upset happening would be fun but I'm gonna go with the more reliable pick here.
SM DOU: Spurrific vs Yuichi - emilio finally halted Yuichi's momentum last week and I'm reading burns to capitalize on it, but could see this going the other way quite easily
XY DOU: Amaranth vs JRL - JRL is one of the strongest XYers in the pool obviously. I do think after Amaranth's win over qsns in week 5 means this matchup is way closer than what I would have said if you showed this pairing to me three weeks ago
BW DOU: Memoric vs emma - memo got offended the last time I didn't understand why he was in BW so I guess he's good enough at this tier for me to bold him. hoping emma puts up a good fight though

overall week odds: 55 squirtles - 45 heroes

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SS DOU: shrop vs Tenzai
I think this will be a very close game. Both have played well their last games but shrop is smashing it so bolding him
SS DOU: Paraplegic vs TonyFlygon
Last time i bolded you vs Tony you lost, you'll win this time trust me lol
SS DUU: kaori vs SMB
This is another very close matchup and the last game between the two showed that kaori can make it difficult for smb. Though i still think the latter will not lose 2 in a row
SM DOU: Spurrific vs Yuichi
Yuichi has impressed me more than Spurrific this dpl, its close like every game here but i trust yuichi to get back to winning ways.
XY DOU: Amaranth vs JRL
Handsome, Brave and Fortunate derby. Bolding jrl because we all know how good he is in xy but this is not gonna be easy, amaranth is good at the game and good at oldgens, might be the highlight tbh.
BW DOU: Memoric vs emma
Yes, last week memo lost his bw game while emma won hers, but obviously you have to look a bit deeper other than recency bias. Not gonna be easy but memo will win

DPL 7 Prediction Tour

Semifinals predictions are now closed. Here is the breakdown, favourites in bold.

Squirtles: 13 / Heroes: 6 / Tie: 4
  • Shrop: 19 / Tenzai: 4
  • Paraplegic: 16 / TonyFlygon: 7
  • Kaori: 4 / SMB: 19
  • Spurrific: 18 / Yuichi: 5
  • Amaranth: 4 / JRL: 19
  • Memoric: 20 / Emma: 3
Bonus: How many hours after the completion of Semifinals will Sunrose post the Finals thread?
The responders had little faith in Sunrose, with only 2 users responding 1 hour or less. Some responses included 'a month at least,' 'Never, MajorBowman posts it instead,' 'too many >:c,' 'there wont be a finals thread' and '23 hours 17 minutes.'

Bonus: Will Yoda say 'good job' to Emma if she wins?
  • No: 14 votes
  • Yes: 8 votes
Both Yoda and Emma responded 'No.'

Total votes: 23
Most one-sided vote: Memoric vs Emma (20-3)
Closest vote: Paraplegic vs TonyFlygon (16-7)

Now that DPL is winding down I would appreciate if people could fill in this feedback form regarding the predictions tour. You can still respond even if you didn't participate in the predictions tour or DPL itself. Thank You :)

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
DPL Champion
i REALLY hate to be the person to do this but here we go,

calling activity for my game, we set 11am-4 and he said he might be a little late because of his rby set an hour earlier. cool thats fine i can wait a few minutes. but they started the rby set late and its now 45 minutes past the original time and i need to sleep. id much rather have played the game but i am left with little choice and gave plenty of prior notice to heroes on discord

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This isn't the result we wanted, but I am beyond proud of the Heroes this year. This probably marks the end of my managerial career, as I wasn't as involved post-draft as I should have been and wanted to be (life gets in the way, I'm lazy, etc). The drive and resolve of the players I picked made me so happy this season, and I genuinely cannot thank you all enough, but I'm going to try.

Tenzai
You played so well this season, and I hope you will continue to prove your doubters wrong. You took being benched for week 4 in stride and you came back even better for weeks 5 and 6, and I'm so proud of you for that. You're a great player with a bright future and I look forward to you winning more games.

Voltix
I know it wasn't the season you wanted it to be, but having you around both for support and as a viable playing option was so valuable. You stepped in to play for SMB in a tier you didn't know much about and gave it your all, even if you weren't sure you were supposed to play. You're a terrific player and I'd spend 9k on you again if I could.

JRL
What is there to say about you, JRL? What a fantastic season. I know playoffs didn't go how you wanted them to, but you are a big part of the reason we even got there in the first place. You're an incredible player and person and I'm so proud of you. Thank you so much for giving the Heroes your all.

Yuichi
The giant slayer himself. What a season, giving us clutch wins over stax and Spurrific, two of the greatest players ever, to secure our playoff spot. You did everything asked of you and more, thank you so much for your efforts.

TonyFlygon
You were fantastic this year. I hope everyone now knows you are not to be underestimated in a doubles setting. You stepped in off of a bench role and won huge games versus very talented players. I know you may think SMB was the reason I picked you, but I knew you were good and wanted to get you during the draft from the start. Thank you for everything.

Mizuhime
I know it was a tough season for you, but I don't regret drafting you at all. You are still one of the OGs and you deserve your respect, and I know you can still hold your own with the best of them.

SMB
Thank you so much for everything SMB. You helped literally every single player prep in every format in every week. You are singularly the most valuable person to have on any DPL team and I am so glad I have had the opportunity to manage you multiple times. Your play was amazing, your managing was amazing, your prep was amazing, your ability to keep our team morale up and keep us winning games was amazing. I can't say thank you enough. I'm sorry the activity fiasco happened in your first DPL playoff game, you deserved better than that. I can't wait to watch you continue to win tournaments and dominate doubles.

emma
Emma, you went so far above and beyond this season. You thrived in an assistant manager role even though I never explicitly asked you to, because you knew we needed you to. You, like SMB, helped everyone prep, and then stepped in to play huge DPL games for us. You deserve so much praise for how you handled this season, and I am so thankful and proud.

Anyway, that's it from me and the Heroes. Love you all.

Gracias por todo. Vamos Héroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)