BW DOU: DaWoblefet vs Mizuhime

Galar Ghosters (3) vs. (3) Hau'oli Haxers

SS DOU: Grandmas Cookin vs Nido-Rus
SS DOU: Zigh vs Eisenherz
SS DUU: The_Bandit vs Demantoid
SM DOU: emforbes vs Yoda2798
XY DOU: Z Strats vs Mishimono
BW DOU: MetalGro$$ vs Biosci
The deadline is Sunday, March 7th, at 11:59 PM Eastern time.
A few quick notes/reminders:
  • Follow Smogon's Tournament rules (no ghosting, no leaking teams/sets in chat, etc)
  • All matches are Best of 1
  • All replays must be posted - the same policy regarding replays used in Seasonals will be used here. All matches without a replay will be treated as a double game loss.
  • I will grant activity wins or extensions if I have to, but only as a last resort. Do your best to get your games done on time!
  • Substitutions are allowed, but be sure to let the host, opposing player, and opposing manager know ASAP if one needs to happen. If both managers agree to switching matchups around in the same tier to accommodate timezone issues that is fine, but send me a PM on Smogon including both managers so that I know it's legit.
  • If any of the rosters are incorrect, PM me on discord asap and I will edit.

Last edited:
your favorite zoomer is doing some predictions

Spikemuth Spectral Thieves vs. Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles 4-2 SST

SS DOU: Toxigen vs Paraplegic - Toxigen is a really strong player but I feel like Para is the type of player who can get really motivated by his losses, and if my hypothesis is correct, last week's loss should light a fire from under him. Toxigen's also just now playing his first SS game so I feel like Para is more warmed up.
SS DOU: Qwello Lee vs shrop - Highlight SS game easily seeing as its the invitationals finals rematch. I strongly dislike rain and the team Shrop brought last week, I also just feel like Qwello's gone too long without a win and I really think this will be his week.
SS DUU: Human vs kaori - Both players kinda got rolled last week, but I think Enosh is a better builder than Hana and with 2 weeks of DUU metagame data to go off of, I trust him to come up with something spicy for this week.
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs Spurrific - Seeing my NPA managers face off this week is pretty funny LOL. I'm going to go with Jake here because I think Burns's performance against Emilio was a little lower than the standard I hold him to, meanwhile Jake clicked all the right buttons vs Stax in the only game he's played in DPL so far.
XY DOU: GenOne vs Memoric - This is where I get pretty close to just guessing so forgive me. Have a lot of respect for both of these guys but the recency bias of seeing Memo beat Z Strats pretty comfortably about 30 minutes ago is enough for me to bold him here.
BW DOU: Frania vs Amaranth - Definitely a cool game but I'm practically flipping a coin here. Both are really good players, but Frania's had some good performances in SS and I'm excited to see how that will transition to BW. TIN on the other hand learned sleep clause existed today.

Galar Ghosters vs. Hau'oli Haxers 4-2 Ghosters

SS DOU: Grandmas Cookin vs Nido-Rus - This is the most biased prediction from me as to be expected, but I think Matt is really strong and has some cool teams that set him apart from a good portion of the rest of the field. Nido-Rus is another high caliber player but I just know too much about Matt's potential for me to bold against him here.
SS DOU: Zigh vs Eisenherz - EISEN IS FREE!!!! After Zigh's performance last week I think it's really hard to bold in his favor, plus I've been watching Eisen's seasonals replays and I think he's pretty good.
SS DUU: The_Bandit vs Demantoid - Actuarily knocked me out of the DUU tour and beat hana pretty convincingly. I don't have a huge stake in DUU but that's enough for me to bold them over 0-2 Demantoid.
SM DOU: emforbes vs Yoda2798 - Emilio is the best gen 7 doubles player and I will not hear otherwise. Still trying to figure out why he was in XY week 1.
XY DOU: Z Strats vs Mishimono - I'm not super huge on Mishi's brings so far and tbh I just expect Z Strats to put more effort into preparing for this game than the contrary. Unfortunate that Mishi got lucked and Z Strats got geniekilled last week but I'm excited to see what they can do now.
BW DOU: MetalGro$$ vs Biosci - Biosci is a name I've heard since I was reading VGC team reports on nugget bridge back in elementary school. Combine that with his strong performances so far and he's my favorite to win easily.

Last edited:
DPL 7 Predictions Tour

The Week 3 predictions link is here and results of Week 2 have been tallied. Week 3 predictions will close in roughly 72 hours from now are now closed, games played between now and then will not count for prediction points. The top 5 are as follows:
  1. Shadowmonstr7: 330 points
  2. Lunar: 320 points
  3. MetalGro$$: 295 points
  4. Mizuhime: 290 points
  5. Memoric: 280 points
The full leaderboard can be found here. Shadowmonstr7 retains the lead, while Lunar remains in second place. Sawamura did not predict in Week 2 and was replaced in third spot by MetalGro$$. Mizuhime and Memoric swapped 4th and 5th place. The Ape dropped from 6th to 7th, scoring 115 points for a total of 270. Mass Opinion dropped from 7th to 11th, scoring 105 points for a total of 255.

Week 2 predicts recap:
  • All games counted for prediction points because there were no substitutions.
  • The highest score for Week 2 was 160 points, achieved by MetalGro$$ and Grandmas Cookin. Grandmas Cookin did not predict Week 1 so they sit at equal 28th place.
  • Only 2 users decided to not predict for their team's games.
  • Nobody used Trick Room twice in the same turn, which was correctly predicted by 11 users.
  • The biggest upset was YoBuddy vs TonyFlygon (26-4) :( Z Strats, kamikaze, MetalGro$$, Emma and the Ape correctly predicted this game. Z Strats and MetalGro$$ have predicted both biggest upsets so far.

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
the people's champs predictions, unbiased and serious

Santalune Storms (5) vs. Hoenn Heroes (1)

SS DOU: Shadowmonstr7 vs Tenzai - shadowmonstr7 has been having a good showing as of late barring that wack Week 1 team, and they have been bringing Ws for the Storms so far. Tenzai, on the other hand, is actually doing just fine themself, though his game against Yoda2798 really went off the rails. I rate the two players quite close enough personally, though I'm going with Shadow because of the better record and the mental edge; if he doesn't build himself out of this game he should have the bag.

SS DOU: zeefable vs TonyFlygon - Both won their games last week, with TonyFlygon surprisingly taking down YoBuddy. I don't expect this beating of a seasoned doubles player to last, though, but I'd be thrilled if it does! Regardless, yeah zeefable plays doubles and has the experience advantage to my knowledge.

SS DUU: AtmosphereVGC vs SMB - Both are 2-0 right now, but one of them is SMB and the other isn't.

SM DOU: stax vs Yuichi - Yuichi won their game against Yellow Paint week 1. However, stax is not Yellow Paint, and Yuichi would have to boss up beyond their limits if they want to have a shot. If stax brings a solid reliable team they should win.

XY DOU: qsns vs JRL - Both are 2-0, and both have been playing quite fine on the board. I rate qsns higher because they're actually building and I fully expect them to exploit JRL's seeming inability to do so, with qsns having the awareness of what's popping in modern XY at large.

BW DOU: DaWoblefet vs Mizuhime - Mizuhime brought what I would consider a really... ambitious team, one moreso than the last one they brought. I really hope SMB or at least somebody will be quality controlling the teams being created for their BW. I don't see DaWoblefet losing in any way otherwise unless Mizu rolls a god matchup or something.

Galar Ghosters (0) vs. Hau'oli Haxers (6)

SS DOU: Grandmas Cookin vs Nido-Rus - Both are 1-1, and I regard them as more or less at the same level so this is coinflip-ish to me. I'm going with Nido-Rus because he's based as fuck with a teambuilding edge and because I'm impressed he managed to beat SMB rain with the team he had last week lmfao (granted I wouldn't use the version voltix used personally)

SS DOU: Zigh vs Eisenherz - I'm surprised Zigh is starting again after that atrocious performance last week despite winning. Eisenherz has seen hype and I suppose I'll buy into it this time, if it was against anyone else I don't think I predict for them.

SS DUU: The_Bandit vs Demantoid - Though Demantoid is 0-2, they're better than the record shows I believe, and I think they have a good shot against a 1-1 The_Bandit that, despite winning last week, only really performed fine. I think Demantoid's been building better generally too but IDK, there has to be something going wrong for them to go 0-2 and that's not helpful for the mental; this mu feels like a genuine toss-up to me but I'd like to believe.

SM DOU: emforbes vs Yoda2798 - It's emforbes going against the emforbes slayer himself. As much as that's a meme I do like to dream; I am making this prediction with the knowledge that emforbes is more likely to play a better game. Call me emforbes slayer-pilled.

XY DOU: Z Strats vs Mishimono - I beat Z Strats, and Mishimono beat me. That's just the circle of life you know the vibes.

BW DOU: MetalGro$$ vs Biosci - Biosci is generally much more seasoned not only as a BW DOU player but also as a doubles player in general. That's really it, I don't think there's much else to be said here.

week 4 predicts will only occur if i get 20 likes on this post

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
wow look at me posting predicts for once after saying I would every week

Spikemuth Spectral Thieves (2) vs. Twinleaf Mutant Ninja Squirtles (4)

SS DOU: Toxigen vs Paraplegic - With what was expected to be the #1 SS core underperforming the thieves have decided to shake things up and put Toxigen in SS. Toxigen doesn't have too much experience or any big tour success especially in SS and should lose to Para who has more success and experience. Para can be a bit exploitable sometimes though so maybe the thieves and Toxigen can capitalize on that but I wouldn't count on it.

SS DOU: Qwello Lee vs shrop - A rematch of the invitational finals between two of the best SS players, Qwello won last time but this could easily go either way. I was pretty surprised to see Shrop bring a fish like rain last week and it cost him with a bad mu and a loss. Qwelloat on the other hand has had most of his tour success backed by stronger support than he's getting on thieves and has performed below expectations so far. Qwello is goated and fully capable of bouncing back and winning though and I need to back my snake teammate and get an Averardo love react

SS DUU: Human vs kaori - Neither impressed me too much last week but Hana got the win against Demantoid week 1 and I assume has Memoric helping with teams so I'll bold her.

SM DOU: MajorBowman vs Spurrific - I don't think Jake's win last week was as impressive as it seems considering he risked his wincon pretty badly but stax just didn't capitalize. Both are experienced SM players but I do think Justin is better and will want to bounce back after losing to Emilio.

XY DOU: GenOne vs Memoric - Even if Memo doesn't use the mazar bot like he did against me last week he's just always favoured here.

BW DOU: Frania vs Amaranth - Fran in BW is an interesting move but one I like. He has the experience and a change of scenery might be nice for him. Amaranth hasn't been to bad but Fran is the better doubles player and has a replay from a week ago 6-0ing marilli in BW so I'm predicting him.

Santalune Storms (4) vs. Hoenn Heroes (2)

SS DOU: Shadowmonstr7 vs Tenzai - Honestly have no clue. Both players have had a pretty big upset while playing quite solid but both players can also play quite badly at times. Tenzai has a better chance of bringing a team I like so I'll bold him despite the fact he made my favourite team 0-1 in dpl.

SS DOU: zeefable vs TonyFlygon - zee has proven themselves to be a pretty solid player putting up a good performance against me and beating Qwello (though thanks to some help from scope lens). Tony won last week but he shouldn't have and his opponent choked quite a bit. That said I do think Tony played fine and the team was the biggest problem last week but I still got to go with zee.

SS DUU: AtmosphereVGC vs SMB - Both have performed well in DUU so far and I honestly think Atmosphere could have the best shot at pulling an upset against SMB and give him a good run for his money. I'm still not predicting against DUU SMB though.

SM DOU: stax vs Yuichi - Yuichi is back in SM after beating YP week 1 but he's against a better player in stax now. stax will tell you he's washed and he prob is with his last two games not being very impressive but he's still a better player than Yuichi who will prob try to bring some cheese to steal the win.

XY DOU: qsns vs JRL- Both are 2-0 but qsns' wins have been stronger and he's in my opinion the better player and builder in general.

BW DOU: DaWoblefet vs Mizuhime - Mizu is 0-2 and DaWoblefet is considered the best bw player in the pool.

^bad user

SS DOU: Toxigen (35) vs Paraplegic (65)

Paraplegic followed his extremely impressive week 1 performance by playing pretty averagely in my eye. I don't think he played poorly by any means, but I was mostly uninspired, and he was in a losing position after Turn 11, and had a chance to win (before the Tapu Lele crit) more because of their opponent's multiple misplays than them calling back on their own. I was also not the biggest fan of their team. It seems to really struggle against opposing Kartana (Landorus-T gets 2HKOd in Terrain with one crit, your own Kartana is a pretty risky check, Rillaboom invites it in) which is an even bigger problem when your win condition is Calm Mind Tapu Fini and you're relying on Nihilego to kill opposing Rillaboom (although there are other checks to it).

Poor Toxigens being thrown in his second tier in the same amount of weeks. After coming up short in XY against qsns, we'll see how he fares against Paraplegic. Once more, I was not the biggest fan of the team they brought. I don't like Mega Tyranitar (regular Tyranitar can fill the same role almost as well and lets you run broken Mega Gengar), Excadrill (just use Landorus-T), or Cresselia (Mega Gengar + Tyranitar metagame) in XY. They did get to pursuit a Gengar which is always fun to see. I don't think they played particularly poorly either, qsns had the better team and is the best XYer at the moment, but they also didn't impress me much. I skimmed some of their SS DOU replays from seasonals and again, came away uninspired.

I'm going to go with Paraplegic more. Despite less-than-stellar Week 2s from both, Paraplegic is historically the stronger player who had a very strong performance Week 1 and is in their third week of SS compared to Toxigen's first.​

SS DOU: Qwello Lee (45) vs shrop (55)

Qwello got mished pretty hard by Tapu Fini last week when they had the fatal flaw of not running any Tapu Fini checks (non Clear Smog Amoongus doesn't count). Even if their Volcanion didn't get crit twice in a row by zeefable's Kartana, they still would have been in a really tough spot against +2/+2 Fini. I don't really understand their decisions keeping Amoonguss in from Turns 4-6 since Sludge Bomb was doing zero and they couldn't use Spore. I think they flat out lose to a well played Fini on team preview and I'm not the biggest fan of Amoonguss without terrain control (which can be evidently seen in this replay). Most of my problems were with the team rather than the play, but it was still not an impressive overall performance by 2020's DOU Circuit Champion.

A player as good as shrop should never bring a matchup fish like rain to a tournament match. I don't have much to say about the team or match really -- shrop played well overall but couldn't get past the poor Double Grass TailRoom matchup (don't use Physical Kyurem-Black though).

I don't think Qwello has played poorly either week, but they have been two lackluster performances from someone who dominated SSD and DWCoP. I really hope they get back on their game soon but I don't think it's going to be this week. shrop impressed me very much in Week 1, and if they get back to using real teams and not matchup fishes I expect a similar result in Week 3. Qwello is obviously still a very good player, and this invitationals finals rematch is my highlight match this week.​

SS DUU: Human (49) vs kaori (51)

SM DOU: MajorBowman (40) vs Spurrific (60)

XY DOU: GenOne (35) vs Memoric (65)

Welcome back GenOne. I think they misplayed in their Week 1 match when they let their own Gastrodon die by Turn 4 in the mirror match. As JRL showed, the slug was quite strong in the matchup and they shouldn't have let it go down so early. As a whole, they were outplayed by JRL.

On the flip side, Memoric played very well in a strong bounce-back performance against Z Strats, and probably had the most impressive performances of the week. After OHKOing the Gastrodon Turn 1, they never looked back and had a pretty convincing and dominant win. Switching up sets on public teams was a nice twist and I think it's a very effective strategy, especially when you see a lot of recycled teams in XY.

Going to have to bold the people's champ here. They played very well last week and are one of the most passionate XY players and has a strong understanding of the current metagame. While there isn't a crazy amount of innovation in XY, I expect Memoric to switch it up someone and try to gain and upper edge before the battle even starts. GenOne is a competent player in their own right, but I'm going to bold them against the best XY DOU player (as voted on in the prestigious DOU awards).​

BW DOU: Frania (60) vs Amaranth (40)

SS DOU: Grandmas Cookin (40) vs Nido-Rus (60)

Nido-Rus brought a weird Pheromosa team Week 1 and got beat down pretty bad by Paraplegic's excellent Dragon Dance Kyurem-Black and Metagross play. Week 2 they got an unwinnable matchup but were able to squeak by more to the fault of Voltix than their strong play. Grandmas Cookin on the other hand, had a very strong matchup in their Week 2 game and did what he had to do to pull out the win.

I've not been too impressed by either player so far in DPL, but I'm going to bold Nido-Rus because I think they've been a better player overall and have better SS support. If the rest of the Haxers can look over and approve Nido's team this week, I give them good odds at winning with a solid six.​

SS DOU: Zigh (40) vs Eisenherz (60)

I am surprised to see Zigh back in the lineup after their subpar performance last week; I would have liked to see Oravlatore get another shot and build off their respectable Week 1 performance. Besides Zigh's performance issues, I was not a fan of the team they used. Zygarde without Tailwind (or some sort of speed control) is quite awkard, and theres a Tapu Lele for no reason. I wouldn't use double terrain beside Rillaboom + Tapu Fini, and I only like Lele on semiroom teams with Amoonguss.

Eisenherz came in clutch in DWCoP playoffs and is in Top 16 of seasonals (although they need to stop using garbage fullroom as well as Regieleki) so they generally seem to understand Doubles well. I've not been super impressed with their play overall, but I do think they're a competent player.

Going to bold Eisenherz here. Similar to last matchup, I don't have a lot of faith in the Ghosters SS slots which I think will give Eisenherz the edge. Again, the team needs to make sure they don't load up Regieleki + Regidraco, but if they bring a solid team I have faith in them.​

SS DUU: The_Bandit (45) vs Demantoid (55)

SM DOU: emforbes (55) vs Yoda2798 (45)

XY DOU: Z Strats (51) vs Mishimono (49)

By far, the most entertaining match of the week. Z Strats got thoroughly outplayed last week by Memoric in my opinion, and I don't think he's as confident in XY as he is in SS. He was also another victim of bringing Mega Tyranitar, when he could have been using regular Tyranitar and Mega Gengar.

Mishimono unfortunately probably had one of the weakest performances of last week, losing a should have been unlosable matchup by loading Mega Gengar, Sand, Thundurus, Volcanion, Ferrothorn into JRL's rain. They misplayed on Turn 11 when they switch Landorus-T into the Mega Gengar slot, tank any hit from from the combination of -2 Mega Swampert and Politoed, and Power Whip the former. What was even worse was letting Ferrothorn take a CB Talonflame Brave Bird and Mega Swampert Earthquake -- Ferrothorn should have been eventually able win the game. I'm a big fan of them bringing Mega Gengar + Tyranitar though!

I still think Mishi is a very strong player, especially considering his Week 1 performance, but I'm going to have to pick Z Strats here in a very close one. He has been one of the best DOU players recently, and even though they've had a slightly underwhelming DPL so far, I still can't really see him dropping to 1-2 if he brings a solid team.​

BW DOU: MetalGro$$ (40) vs Biosci (60)

If you have any questions, please direct them to my secretary Yoda2798

Last edited:
DPL 7 Predictions Tour

Week 3 predictions are closed so here is the breakdown, favourites in bold.

Spectral Thieves: 3 / Squirtles: 20 / Tie: 3
  • Toxigen: 0 / Paraplegic: 25
  • Qwello Lee: 12 / Shrop: 14
  • Human: 10 / Kaori: 16
  • MajorBowman: 5 / Spurrific: 21
  • GenOne: 2 / Memoric: 24
  • Frania: 20 / Amaranth: 6
Storms: 21 / Heroes: 2 / Tie: 2
  • Shadowmonstr7: 7 / Tenzai: 18
  • Zeefable: 23 / TonyFlygon: 2
  • AtmosphereVGC: 1 / SMB: 24
  • Stax: 23 / Yuichi: 2
  • Qsns: 22 / JRL: 3
  • DaWoblefet: 25 / Mizuhime: 0
Ghosters: 10 / Haxers: 10 / Tie: 4
  • Grandmas Cookin: 11 / Nido-Rus: 15
  • Zigh: 10 / Eisenherz: 17
  • The_Bandit: 9 / Demantoid: 17
  • Emforbes: 19 / Yoda2798: 8
  • Z Strats: 16 / Mishimono: 10
  • MetalGro$$: 5 / Biosci: 21
Bonus: Will Z Strats schedule for 1 hour before the deadline for the third week in a row?
  • No: 11
  • Yes: 8
  • No, he will schedule for 30 minutes before the deadline: 7
Z Strats predicted 'Yes'

Bonus: How many times will a pokemon be unable to move due to paralysis in the match between DaWoblefet and Mizuhime?
  • Less than 5 times: 14
  • More than 5 times: 8
  • 5 times: 4
Mizuhime predicted 'More than 5 times'. DaWoblefet did not predict for this question.

Bonus: What proportion of posts in the DPL meme thread will be posted by Dnagerbadger during week 3 of DPL 7?
  • 26-50%: 10 votes
  • 51-75%: 8 votes
  • 76-100%: 6 votes
  • 0-25%: 3 votes
Total votes: 28
Most one-sided vote: Toxigen vs Paraplegic (0-25) and DaWoblefet vs Mizuhime (25-0)
Closest vote: Qwello Lee vs Shrop (12-14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)