Doubles Premier League: Captain Signups!

Approved by Arcticblast and Kamikaze

Aww yes, now that that dumb "spl" tournament is coming to an end, its time for the tournament everyone actually wants to be playing, Doubles Premier League!
FAQ SECTION!!!!

1. How does this shit work???
Okay so people will either sign up for the captain pool or the player pool, (THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR THE PLAYER POOL, that will come later) And once i select captains, we will hold a draft where the captains bid on the players they want on their teams. The captain also gets to play for their own team, unlike SPL. When you sign up for the player pool you will specify which tiers you are willing to play, but we don't know what tiers are going to be included yet, so it wouldnt really make any sense for you to sign up for that yet, would it. Anyways the tournament will comprise of a round-robin part, where the teams face off against each other and the team with the most wins that week gets a win. Afterwards there will be a single elimination 4-team finals and then the champions will be crowned, and the heavens will sing, and there will be a rainbow and some other fairy tail shit.

2. How sign up to be captain!?!?!

great question, straw man question asking alter ego!
post "make me captain" or something at least that clever in this thread along with a short (one or two sentence) description of why you think you are the best captain candidate. Additionally, if you were a captain for last year's (S)DPL, you get first dibs on getting your team back!

3. I want to play in this tour but not be a captain!

I'm glad to hear that! However this isn't the thread for that. The thread you are looking for won't exist until we know what tiers we are going to include, which is going up in the next thread which would have been this thread but got redacted with all my best memes... so if you have your calculators out, that is two threads from now.

I'm not the best doubles player in the field obviously, but I do have a good eye for talent and have been known to be a very solid dodge ball player picker. Also, i'm not n1n1.

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion

e: Reasons why I should manage:
  • I have experience, albeit as a player, in the real thing, SPL, and know how this works / is supposed to work.
  • I can play Doubles at a high enough level, as shown by my (as of now) 3-0 SPL record and last year's Summer Seasonal win.
  • I managed last year lol #Tramplers
I can give more but I'm p sure the third one alone is enough lol

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i would rather just play than manage but i want to throw my name into the pool in case it all goes to shit and there are only a bunch of awful idiots who have signed up to manage, which shouldn't be the case

i feel like i have a good enough knowledge of doubles and it's pet metagames and a good enough knowledge of this community to capably draft and field a talented team of players. i have the organization required to manage a team etc im already bored writing this.

After a lot of waiting, it's finally here!

I've been around (on and off) for a pretty decent amount of time and know the community/playerbase pretty well, and have long been passionate about drafting and managing, be it fantasy teams or pokemon premier league teams.

Make me a captain!

Accomplishments: I beat qsns in spl

e: ok but I don't this to turn into a meme thread so I'll add some real things. I came in 1st place (kinda) in the last 2 tournaments I played in: finished 1st overall for Doubles players at the end of the regular season for SPL7 and came 1st in the Doubles Seasonal shortly before SPL started with a top 6 finish in the seasonal before that. I also went 4-1 in the previous DPL and have hit #1 on the ladders for DOU, DUU, and Dubers.

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
In as the Captain.
I know this doubles community and meta game over the past year as good as anyone; thus having the knowledge to assemble a top tier team of doubles battlers across all metas
I am quite sick of the way a particular not so secret group has so much influence and power over our community. I expect some of them will be team captains.
As a team Captain I will lead my group of battlers with integrity and honor. No other team will possess the comradery and respect that my team will. I am the only one with the leadership, the determination, dedication, and capibility to bring these attributes to a team and upset the status quo.

wasn't going to sign up but seeing n1n1 do it so fearlessly gave me courage.

List of things I'm top 10 in:
Smogon DUU
Melee Peach at Berkeley
Sm4sh Ike in Norcal
Jazz Trombonist in Cali
Cal Table Tennis Team

List of things I'm top 11 in:
Crippling Depression

List of things I'm top 12 in:
Smogon Doubles OU

Last edited:

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In

qualifications: I almost won the prestigious PU premier league despite having a 0-6 record in BW PU
I have consistently been on the top 6 teams in upl!
I have successfully ghosted many users to prestigious doubles positions! Such as telling niggas to belly drum + fake out, draco'ing fairy types, using rage powder against your opp when they have two grass types out, etc.
Went undefeated in doubles UU last dpl and undefeated in dubers (i will disregard the game i got hax'd because fuck hax)
I have tutored many users from bottom feeders to established positions in the doubles community such as clius, passion, peli, miltankmilk among others.
Been featured multiple times in KyleCole videos.
I also won the only doubles majors and was in the finals of two seperate doubles seasonals which is more than most/all of doubles players.

aka I'm perfectly qualified. I'll make sure good users such as @checkmater, n1n1, clius, yohoE among many others will be drafted in dpl and thus finally given the chance in the spotlight that they didn't get in spl (though they might/probably wont be on my team).

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yup space jams had Edgar, Vinc, shake, llamas, Bouff, and hikari. and I guess BLINGAS isn't really a doubles main either. Only Dubs mains on that team were me, Level 51, and pinoy. Still won.

Dubs players more like scrubs players.

I sexually Identify as a Doubles Premier League Manager. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the DOU forums dropping hot sticky posts on DOU mains. People say to me that a person being a Doubles Premier League Manager is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install Rock Slide, Protect and Fake Out on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Miuna” and respect my right to post from above and post needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a DOUphobe and need to check your forum privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

i support Raseri too

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Make me captain

I am 2 time (soon to be 3) SPL winning manager and also won other various team tournaments as a manager or player. I know the doubles player base and I'm the only one who believed in Arcticblast.

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
★Stratos: this is the tale of a boy who now knows that that is encore gardevoir

i managed an npa team on nugget bridge last year so clearly that means something
kylecole is my fren and he was in my dream one time
i draft users with cute avi's
i run a totally legit esports organization follow us @poochesports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)