Doubles Rain Dance Team

Intro

Alright, I have always been a big fan of Rain Dance in OU and watch a lot of PBR on Youtube so I decided I'd put my knowledge of rain dance and my knowledge from watching the doubles matches together to make a Doubles Rain Dance Team.

Team Building

Kingdra

Kingdra has always been a good sweeper on rain dance and, due to its decent deffences (75Hp/95 dfc/sdef) I figured it would be a good lead to set up RD

Reasons
1.Is part water type (STAB water+Rain dance hurts)
2.Has Swift Swim
3.Somewhat bulky

Toxicroak

After watching Youtube and the VGC recordings, I realized that good support lead to rain dance is Toxicroak

Reasons
1.has fake out
2.imune to surf + rain hp gain
3.priority w/ fake out + sucker punch

Vaporeon

I realize that 2 pokemon imune to surf is good and immediatley narrow my descision to

A.Vaporeon
B.Lapras

However, I eventually decide to go with Vaporeon

Reasons
1.Water Absorb
2.Water type (again, STAB+RD+Water=strong Hydro Pump)
3.ability to be my second rain dancer
4.Bulkiness to take hits

Omastar

Next I need another rain dance sweeper but I want to be as original as possible within the Rain dance guidlines. After flicking through water types on Bulbapedia and watching a PBR match of Gigatitan vs. some friend, I decide to try Omastar

Reasons
1.Swift Swim
2.Somewhat bulky
3.has STAB
4.One of the highest SAtk stats of Rain Dancers

Ludicolo

I want to add one more rain dance sweeper to the mix and Ludicolo already has its name written on it in bold letters

Reasons
1. the "rain dance king"
2.Fake out
3.STAB again
4.Swift Swim

Empoleon

I have all the roles that need filling on my team so i decide to go with a interesting mixture of Jeremiah Fan's and the Senior Champion's (unpronouncable name) strategy

This empoleon combines Jeremiah's rain dance and The Japenese champions surf to make a devestating pair
Reasons
1.really bulky
2.nice SAtck
3.Water type

A Closer Look at the team

Nature:Modest (F) @Damp Rock
EVs 240HP 252SAtck 16Spd
Moves
-Protect
-Rain Dance
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf

Strategy
Kingdra is generally bulky and benefits well from the rain. It pairs with toxicroak well with it using rain dance while toxicroak eliminates an opponent for the turn with fake out. I then usually attack with surf but can use Dragon Pulse to do damage too. He has done his job well so far as I have only lost one for about 26 matches on wi-fi PBR

Toxicroak (M) @Life Orb
EVs 252Atk 252Spd 6HP
Moves
-Protect
-Cross Chop
-Fake Out
-Sucker Punch

Strategy
toxicroak has done well as well so far, hee takes out an opponent while kindra RDs and restores the LO damage due to the rain at the end of the first turn. Then I can cross chop for a hard hit or sucker punch too catch something fast or near KO range.

Vaporeon (F) @Leftovers
EVs 188Dfc 252SAtck 68Spd
Moves
-Rain Dance
-Protect
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump

Strategy
Vaporeon is my main back up Rain Dancer and does a decent job at it. He is a little bulky to ensure longlivity because that second rain dancer really helps (after my fights im glad to have a total of 3). I can protect on obvious hits, rain dance to replenish that, and hydro pump and ice beam to hit the opponents.

Omastar (M) @Leftovers
EVs 252SAtck 200Spd 56HP
Moves
-Protect
-Hydro Pump
-Icy Wind
-Surf

Strategy
Omastar is my original sweeper for the doubles rain. It can surf with its high SAtck+STAB+RD to do heavy damage and has swift swim to boost its meager Spd speed to decency. Icy wind can slow opponents for toxicroak and Vaporeon to hit and do nice damage against flyers. Hydro Pump can hit one opponent proticularly hard which helps.

Ludicolo (F) @Lum Berry
EVs 252Satk 120Spd 136HP
Moves
-Fake Out
-Protect
-Grass Knot
-Surf

Strategy
Ludicolo is my replacement for Omastar if I dont want to use him or need a trun of fake out. He can stun an opponent momentarily with fake out for another members to KO the other or surf and g-knot to do massive damage.

Empoleon (M) @Leftovers
EVs 252SAtk 100Spd 156HP
Moves
-Protect
-Surf
-Icy Wind
-Rain Dance

Strategy
Empoleon can also fit nicely on any spot on the team. Depending on what I need filled he can do most if my main guy for the position would not od well. Overallhe is a replacement and not used much.

So that is my doubles rain team, please leave comments, ideas, ratings, anything.

OH and THANKS

I'm not an offical team rater or anything, and I've only dabbled in Doubles for the VGC, but I notice that you have no way to stop Dusknoir from setting up Trick Room on you. Most of your team vulerable under Trick Room conditions, especially stuff that's Rhyperior Weak (on PBR, I notice that it's quite popular with Trick Room teams). Toxicroak is also currently useless against Ghost-Type Pokemon that aren't attacking it, and I won a battle because my foe's Toxicroak was so useless.

I know Trick Room is a pretty obvious strategy, since very few reliable Pokemon carry it, but without a way to counter it, you could run into some problems. Taunt on Toxicroak can solve your Trick Room problem, as well as forcing foe Dusknoir/other TR Users to attack into Sucker Punch.

Thanx for the ideas, oddly enough though in all my matches so far I f
have faced no trick room teams but I think il go with taunt

any other suggestions???
P

I was thkning that but am not good at pokesaving trash bites and have not found a video for it on youtube.

Also, I find it somewhat cheap to use ubers on PBR.

New idea though, I have decided to build a Clamperl based rain dance/trickroom doubles team

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
that idea might be quite difficult due to the fact you will have to keep up two field effects and remove all priority users in a priority ridden metagame as far as i know.
@gary the gengar: he isnt playing VGC, but pokemon battle revolution

I would like to know if there are any new ideas on sweepers/supports for this team and if anybody woulld be willing to help me make a Sunny Day doubles team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)