ORAS Doubles OU Doubles Semiroom RMT

Here's another team that I've been working on quite a bit now. In fact, it's doing incredibly well, but I think it could be could be fixed with a couple suggestions and learning a bit more prediction.

Now, lets start talking about the team! The team at a glance:

Team Building:

I've been hearing a lot about the hail + blizzard darkrai core being really cool, so I decided to try it out.

Where there's a Mega-Abomasnow, there's a fire weakness, so I figured tran could handle that perfectly.

But of course, I knew tran wasn't enough. I also needed a ground stab, which I always have on my teams. I chose the regular over therian because I knew EQuake on my team wouldn't work out without ground immunities, and I wanted the ability to avoid wide guard.

He's here because I needed a trick-roomer. He also resists to water, which is nice.

I added nidoqueen for the last slot at first because she had resistance to fighting and rock, which were two things the team was weak to. Although, I decided to take her off because nidoqueen relied too much on speed control, often died before it could do anything, and was limited to doing good chunks of damage to only certain mons. So, I decided to replace it with a pokemon with the same typing abilities...

Aegislash. The only reason I didn't chose it at first was because I was unfamiliar with its play stlyle and thought I wouldn't be able to play it well, but then I did for reasons I will say later. Although, I will tell you one reason: I was wrong.

The team is really offensive; it usually gets quick battles and a KO should be going on about once every other turn. This team rewards predictions and can stall for burn damage with hail + burn, which is hilarious when it happens.

Abomacare (Abomasnow) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
IVs: 0 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

I chose this pokemon because the damage output on it is amazing and because it's incredibly bulky. It's usually the main sweeper in the team while under tr and it can set up hail for burn and support for darkrai. Blizzard and giga drain are there for strong stabs and some useful recovery. I used to have hp ground > ice shard, but then I quickly learned that that didn't work.

Sans (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Protect

I chose Darkrai mainly for his synergy with M-Abomasnow while still being useful without him. He's used as a super fast sweeper outside of tr and as a counter to some mons, such as tr setters. It's basically a standard Darkrai with blizzard > ice beam.

Fiar in ma Belley (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

I chose tran for his fire coverage in general and mix of offensive and defensive qualities. Tran usually walls a bunch with sub and deals quite a bit of damage, often finishing KOs. I chose the standard sub set because of its synergy with hail.

Not Lando-T (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Rock Slide
- Protect
I chose Lando for his ground coverage in general and sweeping capabilities. This monster does a huge amount of damage, OHKOing most of its targets. I gave it a standard set with the coverage options of sludge bomb and rock slide because of its small weakness to charY and big one to fairies.

Pringlez (Jellicent) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

I chose Jellicent as my trick roomer and water check. He's great for utility, burning almost everything, tanking it, and recovering damage afterwards. It also uses scald occasionally to finish off KOs or for burn damage (no pun intended). I chose recover > protect because it rarely would need to protect it because it tanks almost everything and taunt is much more uncommon than it used to. I also chose cursed body > water absorb because I didn't really need a water immunity (only a resist), and cursed body is super fun to mess with.

Ike (Aegislash) (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

I chose this mon mostly for it's resistances and ability to do a lot of damage. This thing helps with wide guard to protect itself and M-Abomasnow from heat wave and tran from EQuake, while dealing tons of damage if it has taken one of those. It's also an incredible switch in for many attacks. I chose its standard weakness policy set because of its synergy with tr, since it usually can't take a hit once it's activated, so why make it go last?

Threats:

As many checks as I have against this guy, I still have problems with it. It's usually brought out when I don't have said checks on the field, and it's really frustrating to deal with.

Conkeldurr, and other fighting types in general, can do some serious damage to a good 1/2 of my team. Even though I have 2 ghost types on the team, I don't have any coverage for fighting types and they usually carry knock off anyways.

Usually I can handle trick roomers easily with aegis, but because this little guy is insanely bulky and isn't weak to ghost and is actually immune to it; I have a pretty bad time against it. I also have no fighting coverage, so I can't do any good amounts of damage against it without burn + hail + blizzard (which happens often in my attempt to counter it).

So, that's everything I can think of. I don't think it'll need many changes, but I never know. There could be something I completely looked over at one point, but that's what RMTs are for, aren't they?

Last edited:
Water Absorb>Cursed Body, and Hydro Pump>Scald on Jellicent
Being that one of the big reasons to use scald is the fact that it burns and you already using will-o-wisp it seems redundant to me to use Scald, and I know I've personally had more success with Hydro Pump.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Cursed Body is an amazing ability, social doesn't appreciate the power of hax.

Hydrei/Hoopa/Bisharp + Keld looks really scary, your speed tiers make it so darkrai is your only true check to the pair. Maybe Colbur Jelli?

Otherwise really cool team man, haven't seen semi in a while, especially not one with darkrai and lando i.

Thanks for your input!

Anyways, about the weakness to darkness, I totally agree with you on that. In fact, I've been thinking about switching darkrai with conk himself. Yeah, I know, the whole team was first based on the combination of M-Abom and Darkrai, but in the end, he tends to get stuck in trick room too often, and I get killed by trick room a little less often than that. It'll also help with my tran and fighting weaknesses without adding any weaknesses.

If any set, I was told about the AV set, and that it works pretty well. The EV spread I've been messing with lives m-kang double edges and specs sylv hyper voices. The defensive yet offensive set would work wonders on my team. Here's what I have so far:

Ol' Chuckles (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 56 HP / 204 Atk / 56 Def / 192 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

I'm still debating however if I should go iron fist or guts because of the inability to get a OHKO on kang without iron fist, but then I thought, "Why not wow my own conk?" I just overall think conk would do well in the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)