Project Doubles Teambuilding Competition - ON HIATUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
In a diverse round with almost everyone getting a vote, my daddy number one takes it!

This time, we're building around Tyranitar! After being lowly regarded in XY, it's now back with a vengeance as it now resides in a much more favorable metagame, one where its typing is less of a liability and its high Special Defense is a great asset. The Rock typing gives it a great nifty resistance to Fire and Flying, letting it be a handy check to the likes of Heatran, Mega Charizard Y, and Mega Salamence. While it does have numerous weaknesses, they're much less prevalent this time around with Landorus-T not as omnipresent and Fighting-types such as Keldeo almost absent. Its high natural bulk alongisde the Special Defense boost from Sand make it capable of taking most special attacks, handy in a specially oriented metagame. It has high Attack, serviceable Special Attack, and access to a wide array of coverage moves such as Ice Beam as well, making it a threat capable of breaking through threats with ease. Still, one should note its Speed; it's still quite slow and leaves it open to being smashed by the likes of Landorus-T, Zygarde, and Mega Metagross, or just gradually worn down and slowly rendered a non-factor. Make no mistake though, Tyranitar is not a fucker—you can throw it out, sand and make battle sauid arab.

Deadline of voting on Saturday GMT noon!

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
idk it won a room tour. Also it has a pseudo-average (counting the best of Aegislash) of 632 BST kek

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 188 Atk / 84 SpA / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP / 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Double-Edge
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Protect

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Glare
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Weakness Policy TTar is a funny set that doesn't really work consistently but is cute. The reason I'm using it is that TTar really doesn't need an item in general to do its job of stopping Mence and Zard, so why not also take advantage of its many weaknesses and great bulk to pose a sweeping threat alongside speed control. I don't like DD WP because its two move coverage is bad. But this 3 move coverage hits just about everything. So then for the previously mentioned speed control, I have Glare Zygod, aka spam the best move who needs coverage 2017. There's also Tailwind Mega Mence. Mence I gave monoflying coverage so that it can hit both spread and single target and both special and physical to be a general all purpose check to anything that doesn't resist flying. Tailwind is not always essential for this team if Zygarde manages to land the right surprise Glares, but otherwise TW is the emergency button. So then I added Sub Volcanion as a way to say fuck you to bulky waters and Celesteela. I didn't like how Ground weak my team was, so next came Tapu Bulu. Once I had Tapu Lele, I decided to make Zygarde have Espeed as the only prio on the team to help take out a sash user or weakened mon. Lele's terrain can go die in a fire with Bulu around :) I made Bulu Taunt to at least have a passing shot against TR. TB bulu only ever really hits STAB grass attacks anyway, so I went with Nature's Madness to do the most possible without needing to predict. It's helpful against Celesteela in particular. Finally, I needed a solid Lele and Kang check so slap on an Aegislash wow isn't this mon fun 2017. I didn't have a Z Move anywhere yet, so why not this guy, generally good nuke. I wasn't feeling weak to spread moves really with Bulu Zygarde and Mence around so no Wide Guard here, I go for double sub for ultimate fuck you celesteela-ness. It's also handy to grab free subs on Kanga.

Speed wise, TTar is set up to outrun Scarf Lele under Tailwind. Mence is set up to outrun 100s with some bulk and mixed attackingZ I forget what Double Edge calc I was using to get 32 Atk. Zygod is outrunning +spe 70s if those even exist anymore. Anyway, it's plenty fast to outrun anything once it's glared. Then the last three mons are all EVed to outrun Mega Mence. But I wanted them to attack in nuke-order. So Aeg is faster than Bulu by a point, is faster than Volcanion by a point. Aeg can nuke the Jirachi, then Bulu or Volcanion hits the partner, etc.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Seismic Toss
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Mago Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 44 Def / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind
- Trick Room
- Iron Head

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Wanted to build around a core of jirachi + ttar and opted for a semi over full TR build. In addition to breaking sun and psychic spam, the rachitar is pretty dynamic in dealing with normal every day threats with the exception of a glaring zygarde/lando/anythingremotelyground weakness. Icy wind + TR jirachi provides some flexibility in dealing lando + mence and added Kang to the team for additional TR set up support. Tapu Koko’s synergy with mama in general is terrific “(nature’s madness) + (seismic toss) = (ohko/1)” and electric was appreciated here due to the team’s inability to deal with anything fat and aquatic. Addition of scarf lando is basic and unoriginal but did it for the intimidate. The last slot called for a wide guarder, a z-mover, and something that can withstand 16,060 lbs of barometric pressure.

Sets and Spreads:

Jirachi with Icy wind + TR provides for dramatic cross speed-tier action. Whole milk/full speed Kang with ice punch catches pesky lando/mence switchers with sm blanket killing everything else. Tyranitar’s band set is designed mostly for clicking pursuit because there are few better things than making someone else look like a fool. Additionally 240hp prevents kang from 2hkoing with SM, and 172+ att will 2hko mega mence with rock slide after sand damage + ohko full hp kang with superpower. The remaining 96evs are dumped into spd. Tapu Koko runs life orb + nature’s madness, which might seem a mad at first, but is appreciated fully for dealing with the whole Type: Grass thing the team has an inability of dealing with.

Some Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-534215997 (hashies)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-541018910 (croven)

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Seismic Toss
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Mago Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 44 Def / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind
- Trick Room
- Iron Head

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Wanted to build around a core of jirachi + ttar and opted for a semi over full TR build. In addition to breaking sun and psychic spam, the rachitar is pretty dynamic in dealing with normal every day threats with the exception of a glaring zygarde/lando/anythingremotelyground weakness. Icy wind + TR jirachi provides some flexibility in dealing lando + mence and added Kang to the team for additional TR set up support. Tapu Koko’s synergy with mama in general is terrific “(nature’s madness) + (seismic toss) = (ohko/1)” and electric was appreciated here due to the team’s inability to deal with anything fat and aquatic. Addition of scarf lando is basic and unoriginal but did it for the intimidate. The last slot called for a wide guarder, a z-mover, and something that can withstand 16,060 lbs of barometric pressure.

Sets and Spreads:

Jirachi with Icy wind + TR provides for dramatic cross speed-tier action. Whole milk/full speed Kang with ice punch catches pesky lando/mence switchers with sm blanket killing everything else. Tyranitar’s band set is designed mostly for clicking pursuit because there are few better things than making someone else look like a fool. Additionally 240hp prevents kang from 2hkoing with SM, and 172+ att will 2hko mega mence with rock slide after sand damage + ohko full hp kang with superpower. The remaining 96evs are dumped into spd. Tapu Koko runs life orb + nature’s madness, which might seem a mad at first, but is appreciated fully for dealing with the whole Type: Grass thing the team has an inability of dealing with.

Some Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-534215997 (hashies)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-541018910 (croven)
Sick team! Have you considered running Poison Jab > Leech Life on Araquanid? That could help patch up the weakness to Tapu Bulu that you mentioned.

This is a team I've been laddering with a lot recently. I got an account up to the high 1600s, then signed up for DLT and got an account past 1700. I've also played a decent number of people from the doubles showdown room with this team, mostly with success.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Milotic @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 16 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Recover
- Protect

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Protect

Rotom-Heat @ Firium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

I wanted to build a team using Excadrill. I started with Tyranitar and Excadrill for obvious reasons. I'm using Assault Vest on Tyranitar because I wanted maximum bulk to be able to switch in as often as possible. The ability to run 2 more coverage moves is also a real bonus. I was originally using Sash on Excadrill, but I switched to Life Orb because I wanted more power and because Excadrill doesn't really have to worry about getting OHKO'd by random neutral hits because it resists most things. I then added Tapu Bulu in order to protect the team from Earthquake, to kill water types, and because being able to mess with enemy terrain is good. I chose Life Orb because I didn't want a second Assault Vest user and because Rotom-H has a Z move. Stone Edge can hit Charizard and Mence, and Horn Leech keeps you alive, while still being sufficiently strong with Life Orb.

Milotic was the next addition, because I wanted a water type to stop fire types, Landorous, Mence, and so on. Milotic in particular was a good choice because it deters intimidate users from switching in to fight my 3 physical attackers. Grassy Seed takes advantage of Bulu's terrain to make Milotic even better at fighting Mence, Landorus, and other physical attackers. Mence sort of does everything, because it has Intimidate, bulk, a bunch of useful resistances, and a ton of speed, which is important because Excadrill is my only other fast pokemon. I chose a special Tailwind set because I liked having access to an additional spread move and Tailwind helps a lot of my middling-speed pokemon perform better. Draco Meteor kills Zygarde, and also hits stuff like Zapdos harder. For the last slot, I wanted a fire type that could help me beat steel types, but I also didn't want another pokemon weak to ground. I settled on Rotom-H, because it can cleanly OHKO steel types that aren't Heatran, while having decent bulk, a bunch of great resistances, and enough power to at least chunk other pokemon and leave them in Rock Slide/Hyper Voice range. It also outspeeds and 2HKO's most water types with Thunderbolt, which is a nice bonus. Firium Z is necessary in order for Rotom to OHKO steels, and also to give you a fire move that doesn't halve your special attack.

I have some additional comments about how the team operates as a whole that I will write and edit in later.

Tyranitar:
Max Attack to hit as hard as possible, and max HP for bulk. The point of speed is actually pretty important: it lets you outspeed -1 uninvested Jirachi (from Icy Wind), and you outspeed Timid Tapu Lele in Tailwind by one point.

With Vest, Tyranitar can shrug off most special attacks with ease.

Tapu Lele Moonblast
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 152-182 (37.6 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Skymin Seed Flare
252 SpA Shaymin-Sky Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 168-198 (41.5 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Aegislash Flash Cannon
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 144-170 (35.6 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Charizard-Y Solarbeam:
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Excadrill:
252/252 because duh. You're really fast — so fast that with sand up, you can even outspeed many pokemon during an opponent's Tailwind, or stuff like +1 Adamant MegaMence. Also, don't be too afraid of Charizard, because many of them don't run max speed. For example, if your opponent's team looks like a TailRoom team, you're probably safe to leave Excadrill in and click Rock Slide rather than switch.

Tapu Bulu:
56 speed beats uninvested Milotic. In Tailwind, you beat base 130s. The rest goes in attack and HP. I assume that most people already know how destructive this guy is, so it isn't necessary for me to post calcs.

Milotic:
I started with max HP, and 36 speed to beat Lando-T after Icy Wind. 16 special defense hits a bonus point. At least 192 defense guarantees that you survive 2 Double Edges from 252 attack neutral natured Mence. I had 12 points extra, so I put those in defense as well to go up to 204.

Speed-wise, you beat uninvested Tapu Fini by 1 point, beat Lando-T after Icy Wind, and beat base 130s in Tailwind.

Milotic is really bulky. Between Recover and the Grassy Terrain recovery, you can often switch in during the middle of the game and just stay alive and not switch out until you win. Here are some calcs:

Mega Salamence Double Edge:
252 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. +1 252 HP / 204 Def Milotic: 165-195 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage and Grassy Terrain recovery

Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury:
252+ Atk Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. +1 252 HP / 204 Def Milotic: 175-208 (44.4 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Tapu Lele Psychic:*
252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 16+ SpD Milotic: 165-195 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage

Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost:*
252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 16+ SpD Milotic: 325-384 (82.4 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

*In Psychic Terrain. For some reason, this isn't stated in the calculation, even when the option is checked.

Mega Salamence:
Standard set; no elaboration needed.

Rotom-Heat:
Max HP is important to keep you from dying. 120 speed beats uninvested Jirachi, beats base 110s (Megagross) after Icy Wind, and beats Scarf Lele in Tailwind. The remaining EVs are in special attack to hit as hard as possible.

Rotom-H has just enough bulk to beat many of the things it checks. Be careful not to let it get worn down too much by switching into random attacks, or it won't be able to do its job properly. Depending on the opponent's team, you may need to play carefully with Rotom-H and preserve it to beat a specific pokemon, or you may be able to just throw it out and hit things until it dies.

Offensive calcs:
Jirachi (Other steels share a similar fate)
136+ SpA Rotom-Heat Inferno Overdrive (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 88+ SpD Jirachi: 458-540 (113.3 - 133.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Landorus-T
136+ SpA Rotom-Heat Inferno Overdrive (195 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-Therian: 328-387 (102.8 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Tapu Lele
136+ SpA Rotom-Heat Inferno Overdrive (195 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Lele: 241-285 (85.7 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Charizard Y
136+ SpA Rotom-Heat Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y: 224-266 (75.4 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Milotic
136+ SpA Rotom-Heat Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 64+ SpD Milotic: 182-216 (46.1 - 54.8%) -- 55.9% chance to 2HKO

Defensive calcs:
Tapu Koko Thunderbolt
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Heat in Electric Terrain: 109-129 (35.8 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Salamence-Mega Double-Edge
252 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Heat: 120-142 (39.4 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Tapu Lele Psychic*
252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Heat: 210-247 (69 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Charizard-Y Heat Wave:
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Heat in Sun: 96-113 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- 81.2% chance to 3HKO

Landorus-T Rock Slide:
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Heat: 126-150 (41.4 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

*In Psychic Terrain.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 108 SpD / 88 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Protect

Jirachi @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Protect

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Rock Polish
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 92 Atk / 166 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

In case any of you thought special mence with double edge was best mence, just know you're wrong. Bulky return mence is king. Obviously the perfect mon to complement it is jirachi, which allows it to set up TO THE MAX. AssVest Volcanion is slept on AF and checks a lot of the current meta with fire / water / sludge / hp ice coverage. It also helps to take out opposing steels which mence does not like. T-Tar helps to keep rain in check and also provides another psychic switch in. If you haven't tried WP rock polish T-Tar yet, do it. It tanks plenty of super effective hits in sand and gains +2 att / +2 speed in return. Kyurem-B deals with a lot of the common mons on Kang balance teams such as zap / tran / zyg and even slightly weakened finis. Also another rain check. Last slot goes to ferro, which provides a third rain check (hint: I hate rain) and also a psychic spam check. Also, leech seed + leftovers recovery is a top notch win con.

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 24 SpA / 140 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Protect

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Wide Guard
- Substitute
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Protect

I have my sand core. Lando T is on every team that also has a mence. My team is water weak so i added Araquanid and Tapu Koko.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Ttar is pretty awesome!!

Team ::

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 176 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 136 SpA / 20 SpD / 28 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Trick Room
- Safeguard

Description ::
  • Team is built around one of my recent favorite i.e. the core of tyranitar, AV bulu and heatran, which perform really well together with some speed control. Banded ttar shits on half the meta, while AV bulu has an excellent match-up against rain teams and heatran which takes on mega-metagross and opposing tapu bulus reliably. While initially aiming for TR, the team structure was later changed to tailroom, with EVs adjusted to out-speed megagross under tailwind, for ttar and tran, while koko for bulu. Superpower was opted on ttar, to have a better damage output against stuff like p2 and mega-kang, and since band ttar is generally a hit and run mon, it works decently.
  • Coming to speed control, mega-mence provides us with a strong and fast attacker with great utility in intimidate and a strong double-edge. And to complete the team azu-rachi was added since it's so splash-able on mega-mence teams enabling decent number of end game sweeps. Azu is min speed to take on better opposing trick room teams and jirachi has trick room for team requirements, allowing powerful stuff like eruptran, belly drum azu, banded ttar to fare much better against faster teams. Also, jirachi contains Safeguard because fuck Z-TR Bronzong.

Toxigen

get numb to it
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion

SUNTRIP (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

IM NOT JB B**CH (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 28 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

DING DING DONG (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 112 Atk / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

PUSSYCAT (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Protect

FAMOUS (Landorus-Therian) @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

NO PANTALONES (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect

this is a team i've built with matame like yesterday and i've found it very cool. Started off with ttar, i added rotom to support it against bulky waters and things like landorus. Then fairies (mostly tapus) were a bit of a problem, so genesect and mega gengar were the choices for those 2 slots, also pivoting plus trapping can be cute vs other weathers but it's not the main purpose. Then the team needed some speed control and another sun check, so first hydreigon was added, but in testing it resulted pretty useless as it didnt have synergy with the team and was a deadweight most of the times. So i switched to diancie wich improves the matchup against sun and other dragons, as well as synergising better with ttar thanks to the spdef boost and the trick room, which ttar likes. Lastly the team needed a lando check and something that hits steels very hard, so lando (irony) was the choice. Av lando was the original set, but then i noticed the need to kill stuff like aegislash and rachi even at -1 so groundium z ended up being the best choice imo. Overall fun team!

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
i went on a trip and was dead tired so yeah :(

votin time

Bughouse
thebagman
Cease Tick
BlueSkiddoWeCanToo
FighterVGC
darksylvion
toxigen734

Deadline of voting on Monday GMT noon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)