Gallo (Zygarde) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 80 HP / 204 Atk / 48 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect

Manec gives good pivoting for zygarde to setup. Milo discourages intimidate and toge provides follow me support. Lele helps as a tr check and improves the kyub mu which would be really bad if it's hp fire. Milo and ferro help vs rain and the kommo mu is ok with double fairy and 2 forms of speed control. Lele is z fairy because it ohkos zyg and z psychic doesn't if terrain isn't up. Lele lives gar bomb and outspeeds standard dd zyg with spatk dump and rest is standard stuffs. Also manec is definitely some sort of doggie and so are wolves so ig wolf is close enough.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

This team is built around the core of Aegislash and Kyurem-B, which I've always felt is a very strong duo that can handle a whole lot of things on its own. [LOKB] is capable of dealing massive damage to pretty much everything in the meta, and Aegislash serves to stabilize Kyurem's aggression by absorbing pressure with Substitute. Landorus-T was honestly added for Stealth Rock (it makes a few calcs easier) but it gives me the team's only real physical attacker, which is a bit of a stretch honestly. Mega Manectric gives me more Intimidate, another way of grabbing momentum, and a generally solid fast attacker. Whimsicott was a funny idea; I didn't have speed control and I wanted it reliably, so Whimsicott came to mind (I will never stop using bad grass types), and on that note I realized I could compress a bit more onto it. Fake Tears is nasty with Kyurem and Aegislash, turning a lot of comfortably tanked hits into clean knockouts. Taunt just makes the bad TR matchup a little less bad, and U-turn does what U-turn do. Tapu Fini seemed like a nice idea in the last slot, and I decided to try out faster CM Fini. I'm still not sure if I like it or not overall, but I think the speed is pretty important to this particular team, and CM is a good failsafe if Kyurem's not in a good position to punch holes in everything.

This team plays aggressively to the point that people will be worried about you. If you're not going for the big dick plays, you're probably going to fall behind. Don't be afraid to let shit die. Remind your opponent that they mean nothing to you.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Fake Tears
- Tailwind
- Taunt

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Almost exactly a week late, but let's do some voting! Please respond with the name of the user you'd like to vote for:

HeatEdgeSword
The Cheesen One
zikam
laptops
Arcticblast

Voting closes Friday, June 22nd at 11:59pm EST!

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
And that broke the tie, so Arcticblast takes this week! Fairly unimpressive turnout for voting but I'll chalk that up to me delaying the voting period. Chugging along to the next week...

When its Hidden Ability of Inner Focus dropped, Suicune gained new utility that pushed it into relevancy in the Doubles metagame. It's always been a bulky Tailwind setter, but the combination of Inner Focus + Roar also allowed it to operate as a fantastic Trick Room inhibitor. As most teams built with Tailwind for their chosen form of speed control can struggle with Trick Room archetypes, Suicune offers fantastic role compression. In addition, access to Ice Beam and a passable Special Attack stat to boost its Water-type STAB move of choice lets it offensively threaten 1/2 of Tier 1 in Incineroar, Landorus-T, and Zygarde. While Scald / Ice Beam / Tailwind / Roar has become the standard set, Suicune can also find success with Snarl, Protect, or Calm Mind slotted somewhere in there, and a variety of spreads to fit its team. Let's see some teams where Suicune really gets a chance to shine!

Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, June 27th at 11:59pm EST!

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor

Real Steel (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 176 HP / 68 Atk / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Iron Head

Mustache (Landorus-Therian) @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Bird Up (Tapu Koko) @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

Failed Experiment (Kyurem-Black) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 68 SpA / 80 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Mew Mew (Suicune) @ Mago Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 28 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Tailwind
- Roar
- Ice Beam
- Scald

V (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- V-create

The team was made using an offensive core of Mega Metagross, Tapu Koko and Ground Z Landorus-Therian. AV Kyurem-Black was added to help with Rain matchup, as the trio was extremely weak to it, while providing a bit of speed control with Icy Wind. Electric Terrain boosted Fusion Bolt also KO's Tapu Fini most of the time after a Stealth Rock chip damage. As the team was quite weak to Hard Trick Room, Roar Suicune was dumped in, which after the release of its HA Inner Focus, served to be extremely useful in effectively shutting down any TR attempts. Suicune also served as a sand and rain check while providing a solid form of speed control thanks to its Tailwind. Additionally, its Water-typing helped deal with Incineroar with STAB boosted Scalds. Finally, Choice Scarf Final Gambit Victini was added to help deal with Scarf Genesect, Scizor, Ferrothorn etc, whom otherwise could potentially wall your team.

Setting up Stealth Rocks is important in most matchups to deal chunks of damage to Incineroar/Kyub upon switch-ins, which often puts them at risk of getting KO'd. The team primarily relies on speed control from Kyurem and Suicune to help your offensive Pokemon like Landorus-T and Mega Metagross pressure your opponent. LO Tapu Koko is usually sent in to clean up once Tailwind has run out. Take advantage of Tailwind, and give em hell.

Mew Mew

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
1530307060075.png
1530141285046.png
1530141316864.png
1530141549659.png
1530141425356.png
1530141444691.png

uwu (Suicune) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 44 SpA / 108 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Tailwind

owo (Tapu Bulu) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

n_n (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 28 HP / 140 Atk / 68 SpA / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

>:[ (Muk-Alola) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Curse
- Poison Jab
- Recycle
- Knock Off

<_< (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 228 Atk / 56 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

>_> (Landorus-Therian) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn
- Protect

built this team a few weeks ago because yoda said he wanted something fun with cune for the ladder. It's pretty cool and focuses around using bulu and lando to chunk teams to hopefully pull of a late game diancie sweep. Cune helps check tr and gets up tw which is necessary seeing as how most of the other mons sit at a middling speed tier. Muk functions as another tr check, a really good gar check, and also serves as a secondary win condition. Muk lives z kingdra def dump, gene outspeeds lele and can kill lando, and diancie lives lo koko tbolt, can ko back with epower and lando is running enough speed for max volc.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
Somewhat of a slow week, but we're moving along anyway! Please choose which user's team you think should be highlighted in the Hall of Fame:

Mr.GX
laptops

Voting deadline is Saturday, June 30th at 11:59pm EST!

talkingtree

large if factual
Congratulations to laptops for taking the competition this week! Next up...

Diancie may have been a bit of a slowburn this generation, but it's now established itself as a force to be reckoned with. Due to a fantastic signature move in Diamond Storm, Diancie can quickly become very difficult to take down. With a powerful dual STAB typing that allows it to take on metagame titans like Incineroar, Zygarde, and Zapdos, access to Trick Room, solid bulk, and a fantastic ability in Clear Body, Diancie has all the traits it needs to succeed. Diancie is most commonly used as a Weakness Policy Trick Room setter for fullroom teams, but it has some room for flexibility in appearing on semiroom teams or with a Rockium Z. Let's see what you can come up with for the Jewel Pokemon!

Deadline for submissions is Thursday, July 5th at 11:59pm EST!

SMB

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 88 HP / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Bulldoze
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 176 HP / 68 Atk / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stomping Tantrum
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Volcanion @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 28 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tried to build around kommo-o + diancie for my ssnl set vs demantoid; tapu bulu helps diancie with grassy terrain and kommo-o threatening tapu fini. I wanted a good ice and psychic resist that could deal with fairy types so I went with metagross as my mega of choice. I think I had some troubles dealing with steel types so I went with volcanion as the next mon, which can also work on diancie's tr and checks rain, wacan berry sludge bomb helps a ton vs zapdos-fini teams and tapu koko. Zygarde was an issue here so bulky pinch berry landorus can check it and switch in multiple times. Bulldoze kommo-o might seem like an odd choice here; it triggers diancie's weakness policy and sometimes gives a lot of momentum since your opp doesn't expect that speed drop, and yeah it worked pretty well on test games so I went with it :I

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-773895430
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-770297636
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-770042611

Last edited:

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Protect
- Stone Edge

Kartana @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Detect

Volcanion @ Mago Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 68 SpA / 80 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind

This team I built around the core of Diancie/Bulu/Volcanion which I have been playing around with for seasonals but haven’t been confortable enough to actually use it :v. Anyways that FWG TR core is the backbone of the team and the TR mode itself helps to combat most other forms of speed control. Next I added Manectric to help vs electric spam and to provide a pivot. Weakened thousand arrows from Zygarde won’t do any damage to Diancie, so a volt switch into Diancie can activate weakness policy easily at the right time. The pivot also helps for Gengar teams. Next I added Kyube as a secondary means of speed control with icy wind and a sort of defensive glue due to its immense bulk and unique typing. Finally I added Kartana for some immediate offense, especially after a z tailwind (which provides a third important form of speed control), it tears through end games. Overall I enjoy this team because of its various immunities (water with Volcanion, electric with regular Manectric) and how it is rather easy to play due to Manectric pivoting and it’s various forms of speed control!

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
Voting time!

SMB
Mint16

Voting deadline is Thursday, July 12th at 11:59pm EST! Hopefully I start the next round then!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)